Resolved PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17 - namus removed

I think Jenna had at least one tattoo though

You are right, she does. The tattoo could have been obliterated from road rash/injuries.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn’t have suggested Jenna for that reason alone...

You are right, she does. The tattoo could have been obliterated from road rash/injuries.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn’t have suggested Jenna for that reason alone...

Never any harm in ruling out potential matches

Color me confused... Holly Grim is now listed as the one rule out.

Why?

First, both this UID and Holly have DNA on file. Shouldn’t this have been an automatic rule out? Why would there be a manual comparison on an automatic process? Situations like this are exactly why I have little confidence in the NAMUS system automatically doing what we are told it is designed to do.

Second, Holly was killed by Michael Horvath and buried on his property. A bone of Holly’s was discovered there in 2016.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.mcal...rongful-death-lawsuit-20170623-story,amp.html

Why is Holly even still listed in NAMUS?

Color me confused... Holly Grim is now listed as the one rule out.

Why?

First, both this UID and Holly have DNA on file. Shouldn’t this have been an automatic rule out? Why would there be a manual comparison on an automatic process? Situations like this are exactly why I have little confidence in the NAMUS system automatically doing what we are told it is designed to do.

Second, Holly was killed by Michael Horvath and buried on his property. A bone of Holly’s was discovered there in 2016.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.mcal...rongful-death-lawsuit-20170623-story,amp.html

Why is Holly even still listed in NAMUS?

If they don't find all of someone they usually stay in NamUs so they can be compared with any new bone remnants found later. It's possible that the case worker got a suggestion of Holly from someone unfamiliar with her case and they put her in the rule outs so no one would waste investigator's time suggesting her again. JMO.

If they don't find all of someone they usually stay in NamUs so they can be compared with any new bone remnants found later. It's possible that the case worker got a suggestion of Holly from someone unfamiliar with her case and they put her in the rule outs so no one would waste investigator's time suggesting her again. JMO.

Ah, I see what you mean about keeping Holly listed in NAMUS. Makes sense.

Any ideas about my first point?

Ah, I see what you mean about keeping Holly listed in NAMUS. Makes sense.

Any ideas about my first point?

I'm not really the best one to explain the DNA matching process, but I'm always reading different things about how "automatic" DNA matches are. JMO, I think it's better to ask them to hand check if there are a lot of similarities between the UID and the missing person.

NAMUS added that this UID had a cosmetic silicone chin implant.

I would suspect a serial number on the implant that can be traced back. Does anybody know how this works? If not, it could mean that she had a very different chin/look when she went missing....

This lady would be my first guess. I know 11 years is a long time, but...
Kristin Leonetti 23 when reported missing in 2006. (34 y/o) 4' 11" 100 lbs. Black hair/Brown eyes

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10083/2
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3515dfpa.html
Interesting bit from this news article...
http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20080914/NEWS/309149961

"She said she gave them her boyfriend's license plate number. He lived at several places and used to hang out at Front and York streets in the Kensington section of Philadelphia, she said.
One city officer had known Kristin and arrested her once for her own protection, he said. She was known to frequent Front and York streets to get drugs.

Known as "Little Niki" to people at the St. Francis Inn shelter on Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia,."

Front and York is only about 1 1/2 miles from the place where the UID was killed.

Did you submit her? If not I can do so, just let me know.

Thanks for the offer BethAnn777. I did submit her to Amy Dobbs @ Namus. I received an email response acknowledging my submittal, and that was on Feb. 19th. No updates or anything since then.

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Rule out list per Namus (3-19-2018
JamieBarrera1983Pennsylvania
TiffanyBrewster1985New Jersey
HollyGrim1972Pennsylvania
Amy Hambrick1987Ohio

JamieBarrera 1983 Pennsylvania
TiffanyBrewster 1985 New Jersey
Holly Grim 1972 Pennsylvania
Amy Hambrick 1987Ohio

Just thought I would update this, since I didnt see it mentioned. The woman had a cosmetic silicone chin implant. Dont implants have serial codes?

Just thought I would update this, since I didnt see it mentioned. The woman had a cosmetic silicone chin implant. Dont implants have serial codes?

Exactly my question in post 29 up-thread. It would also mean that she might have had a total different look when she went missing. Interesting to know if they could trace the thing back to at least a manufacturing year.

Thought I would update this a little. Spoke to medical examiner. Chin implant's serial number could not be used due to their being too much bone growth around it. Meaning it had been in there awhile.

No tattoos at all. I thought that maybe if she was being pulled by the car there might be too much road rash to tell, however there was only road rash on her side around the hip and butt area. Also noted by ME, both her wrists have marks from trauma. Her skull was also exposed.

Age, height, and weight are accurate estimates. Finally, toxicology tests haven't came back yet. I was curious about the toxicology test, because that area is frequently known to have a lot of drugs and prostitution. I thought maybe the person who pushed her out of the truck was maybe her john or boyfriend dropping her off to work the street or maybe to score some drugs, just a thought. Also IMO she has some characteristics of being Hispanic. Would love to know some thoughts regarding that!

Could this be Kathleen Haley missing from Virginia since 2012? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18160/0/
Look at the images, 1st pic (which is not the profile pic). Looks are similar and I see a mole next to her nose and eye, just like the UID. Height is similar too. Both have DNA but since the UIDs tests are not complete I don’t know that they would be automatically compared.

Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back