WA WA - Tracy Lewis, 31, Ocean Shores, 9 March 2018

I hope she finds the clarity she is seeking. Hopefully she is with trusting people to get her through this situation she's going through.

Police: 'It appears she is voluntarily missing' regarding Tracy Ann Lewis of Eden, Utah
http://kutv.com/news/local/police-i...issing-regarding-tracy-ann-lewis-of-eden-utah
(KUTV) -- Police in Ocean Shores, Calif., report missing Eden, Utah woman may not want to be found.

Sgt. David McManus said investigating officers searched the belongings of Tracy Ann Lewis, 31, and found written pages where she described her intent to leave to find a place to cope.

"It appears she is voluntarily missing," McManus told 2News.

[...]

Police say Lewis left her car key in plain sight on the console with a note in the visor that stated: I know you'll want to but please do not look for me.

It is believed Lewis took her wallet and a few other items with her. Her remaining belongings, including a bunch of notebooks, were left inside her vehicle.

Lewis is still being considered as a missing person and is to remain listed on the national database for missing persons but police have ruled out foul play and that she is suicidal.

"It appears she went off on her own and adults can do that if they want to," McManus said.

[...]

I hope she is okay, as far as mental health goes.

I hope she's just doing this to get away from overbearing, overprotective family who might just see now that you can't control a fully grown adult, even if they are your child. That's the best case scenario.

I imagine that, without going off-grid, eventually Tracy will be traceable just by taking a job, registering for insurance, filing taxes, buying a car, opening a bank account etc. LE and perhaps some PIs would be privy to these kinds of blips on the radar but adults are allowed to disappear and she is entitled to privacy. To start afresh in a new area she would have to have some kind of support network or a bit of savings to afford accommodation etc while searching for a job. I wish her the best if she just wants to live a different kind of life, separate from her family ties and I do just hope she is out there somewhere and didn’t stage a voluntary disappearance to cover up a more permanent and heart-breaking disappearance.

I wish her the best and hope she's safe. I've known a few people who came from backgrounds where things seemed 'normal' but had to completely disappear from their families and cut contact. Things aren't always as they seem, sadly.

I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful future.

I’ve been looking at the Gray’s Harbor police blotter every few days to see if there have been any reports of a missing person being located but nothing has come up. I don’t believe the report would include her name but I do believe the a report would show up on the blotter if she was found.

In regards to her taking off and starting a new life, without a significant amount of money, planning or someone helping her out that would be pretty difficult to do. Impossible? No, but difficult. Also, most of the Washington State coastal towns are very small and everyone pretty much knows everyone, if she was hanging out in one of them I imagine she would’ve already been spotted or word would’ve gotten out amongst locals pretty quick.

I’ve been looking at the Gray’s Harbor police blotter every few days to see if there have been any reports of a missing person being located but nothing has come up. I don’t believe the report would include her name but I do believe the a report would show up on the blotter if she was found.

In regards to her taking off and starting a new life, without a significant amount of money, planning or someone helping her out that would be pretty difficult to do. Impossible? No, but difficult. Also, most of the Washington State coastal towns are very small and everyone pretty much knows everyone, if she was hanging out in one of them I imagine she would’ve already been spotted or word would’ve gotten out amongst locals pretty quick.
Yeah, but it's not a crime to disappear. I am not sure I would immediately think to track family down if I met someone who wanted to get away....I mean, maybe I would now because of Websleuths, but I think I'd probably be more inclined to respect that person's wishes. JMO.

They may not track down the family but they may report it to law enforcement if they saw it on the news and thought they were being helpful

Yeah, but it's not a crime to disappear. I am not sure I would immediately think to track family down if I met someone who wanted to get away....I mean, maybe I would now because of Websleuths, but I think I'd probably be more inclined to respect that person's wishes. JMO.

With me, it would depend on the person. This person? I would respect her wishes. Another adult, depending on what I understood the circumstances surrounding their disappearance to be, I may contact LE, not family if they are an adult.

Ocean Shores Police Suspend Search For Missing Utah Woman
http://www.kxro.com/ocean-shores-police-suspend-search-for-missing-utah-woman/
Police have suspended the search for the woman who went missing in Ocean Shores.

[...]

The family told investigating officers that in 2015, Lewis had disappeared for about two weeks before returning home without explanation.

In a notebook left in the vehicle, Lewis wrote about her intention to “leave” and find herself without anyone pulling her back.

Police say she wrote, “And this isn’t goodbye forever. This is just goodbye for right now.”

They say that “at this point, it appears that Tracy Lewis left of her own accord.”

She is still listed in the National Crime Information Center computer system as a missing person, so her welfare can be checked, but other than that, the Ocean Shores Police Department case is inactive at this time.

The Ocean Shores Police Department says the family has been notified of this, and they understand that no further investigation is warranted at this time.

Ocean Shores Police Suspend Search For Missing Utah Woman
http://www.kxro.com/ocean-shores-police-suspend-search-for-missing-utah-woman/
Police have suspended the search for the woman who went missing in Ocean Shores.

[...]

The family told investigating officers that in 2015, Lewis had disappeared for about two weeks before returning home without explanation.

In a notebook left in the vehicle, Lewis wrote about her intention to “leave” and find herself without anyone pulling her back.

Police say she wrote, “And this isn’t goodbye forever. This is just goodbye for right now.”

They say that “at this point, it appears that Tracy Lewis left of her own accord.”

She is still listed in the National Crime Information Center computer system as a missing person, so her welfare can be checked, but other than that, the Ocean Shores Police Department case is inactive at this time.

The Ocean Shores Police Department says the family has been notified of this, and they understand that no further investigation is warranted at this time.

Why are we now just learning that she disappeared before? This is important info.

“LAKE STEVENS — A woman’s body was found in the water at Lake Stevens on Wednesday afternoon.

The woman was discovered about 3 p.m., face down in the water near the shore at Sunset Cove Park, said Shari Ireton, a spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.

“At this time, there does not appear to be any evidence of foul play nor does the death appear to be suspicious,” Ireton said in a press release. She also stressed that the cause and manner of death, as well as the woman’s identification, would be pending examination by the medical examiner.

Crews were at the lakeshore Wednesday afternoon recovering the body, Ireton said.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doubting it is related only because Lake Stevens is a small lake in the middle of a small suburb/city east of Everett and it's quite far from Ocean Shores.

And with Everett in general being what it is as far as crime these days, it's not really a destination city unless you know someone there. If the situation were drug related, I'd believe it.

still thinking of you, Tracy... Hoping you are safe and happy...

I am doubting it is related only because Lake Stevens is a small lake in the middle of a small suburb/city east of Everett and it's quite far from Ocean Shores.

And with Everett in general being what it is as far as crime these days, it's not really a destination city unless you know someone there. If the situation were drug related, I'd believe it.

I've been searching for a hot minute and can't find anything more related to the identity of this person

I've been searching for a hot minute and can't find anything more related to the identity of this person

This is the only thing I've been able to find :

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office has completed
the examination of the 43-year old female who was found in Lake
Stevens on March 28, 2018. The cause of death is drowning. The
manner of death is classified as Suicide.

Given the manner of death, I doubt they will release the name. However, at least it can't be Tracy, as she's identified as 43 yo.

https://snohomishcountywa.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/5972

Even if she turns back up alive and well we may not know. 6 Years ago a young woman who lived not far from me, went missing while attending a wedding with her parents in another state. She was literally walking right behind them as they were getting ready to return home and she vanished. All that was found was her suitcase and a phone nearby.There was extensive media coverage, but not a peep as to her being found. One day, not long ago, I just googled her name for an update and there she was on FB, same name, definitely the same person, just a little older, back in her hometown with three children appearing to be under the age of six and looking quite happy in photos. The family never told any news source she had been found or had voluntarily returned.

Thankfully, we don't really need to know if she has returned home or not to continue to have hope and send good wishes and energy out for Tracy. She may one day see this thread - or someone in an equally vulnerable phase in life - and it would be nice to see our supportive messages of hope and concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back