Gun Control Debate #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is in my link above post 411 when he calls the police protecting his school racist police and the other when he gave his speech stating that they are using thier white privilege being the reason they are being heard. Both IMO are baiting.

I do not see him calling his police racist. Simply the facts about racism and the police. Facts.

And yes, their white privilège makes them heard. Do we hear about the mother's group in Chicago dealing with their issues?

IMO David Hogg is an opportunist. He;s all, " I shouldn't have to I'm just a kid!" . Then he steps up as a foul mouth, ill mannered, disrespectful punk crying foul over clear back pack requirements...Claiming they are a violation of 1A rights. OMG. he needs to pull up his pants, go back to school, and get a real education. IMO!

Is what he is saying not true?
He gives no examples of any situation in his school where the police that are in the school were racist. I have read nowhere in the news that it has happened. If it has happened they are very outspoken and the news would be right there reporting it. So no, I don't believe he is telling the truth about the officers at his school. He is calling all police in general racist. IMO

IMO David Hogg is an opportunist. He;s all, " I shouldn't; have to I'm just a kid!" . Then he steps up as a foul mouth, ill mannered, disrespectful punk crying foul over clear back pack requirements...Claiming they are a violation of 1A rights. OMG. he needs to pull up his pants, go back to school, and get a real education. IMO!

Hm. I don’t see that. He is expressing facts. Very bright and articulate. That is threatening to people for sure.

He gives no examples of any situation in his school where the police that are in the school were racist. I have read nowhere in the news that it has happened. If it has happened they are very outspoken and the news would be right there reporting it. So no, I don't believe he is telling the truth about the officers at his school. He is calling all police in general racist. IMO

Yes, He is talking about police in general. The stastics hold that up. But, some people choose to ignore it

No one is a criminal until they are. How about consequences for not locking your gun up so children and others can get it?
Florida does have laws that guns must be locked away from minors. The parent that doesn't have thier gun locked away was committing a crime befor the the child was shot by not locking the gun up. They can and have gone to prison. Also if an officer is at the house for any reason and sees the gun in the open and a child present there are several things the adult can be charged with.
ETA: I would like to know how many of the cases we read about where children were accidently shot were the adult with the gun that the child was shot with not allowed to own a gun to begin with.

Hm. I don’t see that. He is expressing facts. Very bright and articulate. That is threatening to people for sure.

No, he's not. He's parlaying a tragedy into a net gain for himself.. He wasn't even in the same building as Nickolas cruz, yet he acts as if he was, and he actually knew the victims which he did not..."Shooting surviver"? Grandstanding I would say and he's often contradicted himself.

Florida does have laws that guns must be locked away from minors. The parent that doesn't have thier gun locked away was committing a crime befor the the child was shot by not locking the gun up. They can and have gone to prison. Also if an officer is at the house for any reason and sees the gun in the open and a child present there are several things the adult can be charged with.
ETA: I would like to know how many of the cases we read about where children were accidently shot were the adult with the gun that the child was shot with not allowed to own a gun to begin with.

And they should be charged.

In my personal experience, those who are responsible are tasked with being responsible. Those who do not act responsibly i.e. keeping danger away from children, are too often given a pass. IMO.

"NRA exploits racial divisions" I've been wondering how long before someone made this a race issue.

The students everywhere should be encouraged to have an honest introspection of their actions, words, & deeds first. Are they mean, bullying, fighting, spreading nasty rumors, ostracizing others? Has our social media platforms turned this into the new social norm of almost anonymous anger and disrespect?

This conversation should be step one between parents, teachers, & the students.

Step one......

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation." ~ Pearl S. Buck

The race baiting is two sided. David Hogg has used it at least twice in his comments. Neither side is ok IMO to go there.

Not even comparable. At all. Period. IMO

What the the far more powerful gun business lobby is doing is literally twisting words and intentionally misrepresenting powerful minority voices in efforts to sell more firearms. They are betraying minorities while plugging their political agenda.

Race card? No.

This is an extremist, powerful, highly politicized and well-funded gun-business lobby hoodwinking and bamboozling minorities in efforts to magnify the organization’s own power.

It’s unconscionable.

Please read the links I shared on this and learn what actually happened. It’s crude to throw out a loaded term like “race card” against a teenage activist, especially in a blatant instance of machiavellian, high-powered adults in a lobby like the NRA lighting the fuse on making the gun debate about race.

MOO IMO etc.

IMO David Hogg is an opportunist. He;s all, " I shouldn't have to I'm just a kid!" . Then he steps up as a foul mouth, ill mannered, disrespectful punk crying foul over clear back pack requirements...Claiming they are a violation of 1A rights. OMG. he needs to pull up his pants, go back to school, and get a real education. IMO!

Ah...he must be getting close. Touched a nerve did he.
Shame to see adults attacking a teen. IMO

No, he's not. He's parlaying a tragedy into a net gain for himself.. He wasn't even in the same building as Nickolas cruz, yet he acts as if he was, and he actually knew the victims which he did not..."Shooting surviver"? Grandstanding I would say and he's often contradicted himself.

HE IS A VICTIM OF A MASS SHOOTING. HIS FRIENDS WERE WOUNDED AND KILLED. He’s a survivor.

What is wrong with people?

Pull up his pants? Lol.

Maybe more adults need to pull up their pants, break through the cognitive dissonance and accept reality.

His grades and college test scores are probably higher than anyone else’s on this entire gun debate thread.

He’s schooling us.

Do you really need an example?

One is in my link above post 411 when he calls the police protecting his school racist police and the other when he gave his speech stating that they are using thier white privilege being the reason they are being heard. Both IMO are baiting.

They said they were using their recognition, which they believe they have due to their white privilege, to OPEN UP and SHARE the discussion, giving everyone an opportunity to share their views.

Not baiting. It’s the opposite, imo.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...t-white-privilege-to-work-20180323-story.html

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/black-students-parkland-police-violence

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/all-lives-matter-equally-in-the-new-movement-for-gun-control/

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...-violence-and-they-want-to-fix-democracy.html

I dare someone tell this kid who lost seven friends in the Parkland shooting that he isn’t a survivor or even a victim of the mass slaughter that happened in his school.

“Fight for Our Lives”: How One Parkland Survivor Experienced the March on Washington

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High freshman and #NeverAgain member Daniel Duff, who lost seven friends in the shooting on February 14, allowed V.F. to tag along as he marched, met George Clooney, and adjusted to his new role as a nationally prominent gun-control activist.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...-survivor-experienced-the-march-on-washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth