Identified! WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouwww, I'm so impressed and excited by this new developments...hopes up!

Interesting theory. How did IK silently hang Lyle without leaving any mark of violence on him, and without anyone else seeing him come or go?

Not only that but I believe there was a chain lock and dead bolt locked

Not only that but I believe there was a chain lock and dead bolt locked

I thought the housekeeper was able to get into the room? Didn’t she say when she came into the room she saw him and thought he was praying? I don’t suspect foul play but I don’t recall the chain lock and deadbolt being locked. If you have a source that’d be great to refresh some of us.

Greetings all!

Lurked for many years registering finally..

It is possible that Lyle could be my brother.

We have a very similar DNA profile and family pictures support a very marked resemblance!

I have an EXTENSIVE family pedigree going back hundreds of years :eek:

Yo soy Genizaro..

I have famous and spicy ancestors from this community for many centuries..

To share a little more about myself as applicable to websleuths..

I want to disclose that I had a husband that went missing/found deceased a decade ago ( missing for a decade before that), and I met Moira Monsalve just before she disappeared :(
I also helped locate a missing person that I recognized from the Charley Project :)
My brother was given up by my mother due to family pressure at birth, and I have been looking for him for decades to no avail.

Feels good to get that off my chest and share with folk that may understand, as I don't disclose that info often at all.

I hope I'm not over sharing..

I want to disclose that I had a husband that went missing/found deceased a decade ago ( missing for a decade before that), and I met Moira Monsalve just before she disappeared :(
I also helped locate a missing person that I recognized from the Charley Project :)
My brother was given up by my mother due to family pressure at birth, and I have been looking for him for decades to no avail.

Feels good to get that off my chest and share with folk that may understand, as I don't disclose that info often at all.

Welcome! Hopefully there will be answers to this mystery very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings all!

We have a very similar DNA profile and family pictures support a very marked resemblance!

Yo soy Genizaro..

Wow, welcome!
I hope that Lyle is indeed your brother that you have searched for. Thanks for joining.

Welcome! Have you submitted your DNA kit for comparison?

Thank you rascal, Midge, and Mrsobrien <3

I have not submitted my DNA yet, but I did contact the admin at the DNA project before I registered here.

I hope my brother is alive, but if he is Lyle, I would love to bring him home and provide closure.

When I saw his DNA markers on page 3 thread 6 today I immediately cried and got the biggest chills I have ever experienced!

I have cared deeply about Lyle for a decade now.

Looking at pics of my family since the inception of photography today was remarkable as I compared and contrasted many multigenerational members to Lyle. TONS of quirky similarities!!

I always thought that the name Stevik had a norwegian ring to it but as I thought it wasn´t his real name I didn´t go further with it. But Baltic caught my eye, I am horrible with getting the links right but I will try. To be on the safe side I will copy a bit of it

Country Our Records Estimation
Norway 36 55
Slovakia 9 101
Sweden 5 13
USA 3 3
Hungary 2 10
Brazil 1 20

http://www.locatemyname.com/sweden/Stevik

Greetings all!

Yo soy Genizaro..

Wow. Welcome.

While I hope your brother is alive, I do hope this can give Lyle is identity back.

Can I ask if you think Stevik is a true name to him?

Thank you rascal, Midge, and Mrsobrien <3

I have not submitted my DNA yet, but I did contact the admin at the DNA project before I registered here.

I hope my brother is alive, but if he is Lyle, I would love to bring him home and provide closure.

When I saw his DNA markers on page 3 thread 6 today I immediately cried and got the biggest chills I have ever experienced!

I have cared deeply about Lyle for a decade now.

Welcome! If you think Lyle might be your brother, please, PLEASE contact his case investigators (ie someone in LE or with NAMUS) and send THEM your DNA. They can figure that out quite easily and save Doe DNA project a lot of work. DNA Doe project is awesome but they could be putting their resources towards other cases if Lyle gets ID'd before they finish his family tree. Please consider contacting someone in charge of his case to let them know you suspect Lyle is your brother. Thanks.

Thank you for the welcome Ana and Gardener :)

I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to use the tools such as enclosing your text in my response, I am in a hurry right now but I will figure it out asap and respond appropriately :)

Ana..
My brother was given up at birth and we have had difficulty finding any records to indicate anything about him, including his very existence, as the agency she gave him to claims no record :(
It is possible that his adoptive parents were Stevic, but really it is anyone's guess.

Gardener..
Thank you for that tip, as I had not thought of that yet. Probably because I am frankly kind of in shock that my favorite missing person could possibly be my brother!
I will contact them as soon as I finish my scheduled appointments for the day :)

Thank you for the welcome Ana and Gardener :)

I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to use the tools such as enclosing your text in my response, I am in a hurry right now but I will figure it out asap and respond appropriately :)

Ana..
My brother was given up at birth and we have had difficulty finding any records to indicate anything about him, including his very existence, as the agency she gave him to claims no record :(
It is possible that his adoptive parents were Stevic, but really it is anyone's guess.

Gardener..
Thank you for that tip, as I had not thought of that yet. Probably because I am frankly kind of in shock that my favorite missing person could possibly be my brother!
I will contact them as soon as I finish my scheduled appointments for the day :)

Thank you. Here is his NAMUS page: https://identifyus.org/cases/11100

Click on the contacts tab there and it will give you phone and email contacts.

Good luck and I hope you find your brother. If Lyle is not him I highly recommend you submit your DNA to Ancestry or one of the other Genealogy websites. Your brother may be looking for you and his biological family too!

Thank you. Here is his NAMUS page: https://identifyus.org/cases/11100

Click on the contacts tab there and it will give you phone and email contacts.

Good luck and I hope you find your brother. If Lyle is not him I highly recommend you submit your DNA to Ancestry or one of the other Genealogy websites. Your brother may be looking for you and his biological family too!

Thank you again Gardener! These are great ideas :)

I just recently discovered my pedigree and how extensive and thoroughly researched it is within the last 6 mos on ancestry.com. I intend to submit my DNA so I think the time is now to do just that :) his description is near identical to what my DNA will likely reveal based on location of ancestors(northern New Mexico ) and the racial mixing as well as physical characteristics of other relatives ( slightly raised hairline on one side, nose shape, ears, eyebrows, jawline) Lyle and I have the same eyes and skin tone. Lyle appears to be infused w some European additions to his extensive New Mexico roots, as do I in similar proportions.

I contacted Grays Harbor sheriffs office and will go contact through namus as well.

I am excited Lyles case is moving forward regardless of whether he is my brother or not!!

I certainly want my brother in my life too so thank you for the ancestry.com suggestion. Adoption registry so far, nada afterall..

I have made contact with all of the appropriate people now :)

I will update everyone with any news I receive, as I am very excited for Lyle and possibly myself..

Wow, good luck. I hope you find the answers you want. Much as I would love for Lyle to find his family, I want you to find your brother alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong