OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

Someone mentioned great falls escaped convict in the 50's... Are you referring to john Cameron's book about Edward Wayne Edwards?

Where can I find copies of all statements collected for this case?

There is no evidence that the father and sister are lying. In fact, their stories fit the known, corroborated facts. There is no suspicion on the family whatsoever: they are victims.
There is evidence that Beverly Potts is dead: the fact that she hasn't been seen or heard from in 65 years is evidence of her demise. She probably died the night she was abducted, although that is not certain. I'm not convinced that she is buried in the neighborhood. There's a good chance she was lured into the 37 Dodge that she was seen near.
Your attempts to connect this case to those others that you mentioned seem well-intentioned but very misguided.
Thats it, this 1937 Dodge Black coupe is THE major line of enquiry. Out of 1500 people at the show wagon only 25 came forward with information. Some of these 25 saw Beverly talking to two young men in the above vehicle. One of the them, Carrol Katrenick saw the car a couple of times and knew Beverly. The problem the police faced was this: a total of 1500 people are at or near the crime scene at the critical time. There were many many witnesses that never came forward. James Badal discounts the black Dodge and developes a theory she left shortly after Patsy Swing and was this has two benefits. One she is isolated, allowing a child approach situation and it would tend to account for a lack of witnesses to the actual crime.
Remember that from the book the two young men in the Dodge fit the description of two guys seen by an off duty cop scoping out under age girls at the Show Wagon so I go with the occupants of the Dodge as being the offenders. If they were there innocently they never came forward to satisfy the police. The metrics of child abduction and murder dictate they will have been either living nearby or familiar with that area for some legitimate reason. Surely even now someone could know of old family members that fit the description who lived near there, photo albums etc could be a research tool. That child's body is still there somewhere; what a moment it would be if she could be found and laid to rest near her parents.

Such a sad case. Someday there might be answers. Someday.

In the James Badal book, the black vehicle Beverly was described as being next to was also said to have had a loud muffler. You might question how a car like that might have been used in her abduction especially if it took place as she was on her way home and could have heard it approaching. Of course, the same person or persons who were in that car earlier could have approached her on foot or in another car.

JP13 Interesting comment on the Great Falls escaped convict. Bernard Welch, Ghost Burglar, was actually an escaped convict who managed to become a very wealthy Great Falls resident who also had a huge home in Duluth, Minnesota. He shot Dr. Halberstam while burglarizing the doctor's house, but Dr. Halberstam ran him down with his car before dying.

Personally, I believe there are 2 likely possibilities. One is that she was abducted, (likely molested) and killed on Linnet ave. she was told to run from strangers, and was said to be shy of men. Possibly a neighbour she knew through her parents or a friends parent could have called her over. Just because she was shy doesn't mean she would run away from someone that she knows.

2nd possibility is that she was jumped by one or more strangers from out of area, taken away, (again, likely molested) and killed then hidden. Though with so many people around the park, the first possibility is the most likely as the killer may have been able to lure her inside before attacking her.

Many sex offenders act on impulse. Say He looks out his window and sees a 10 year old female walking down the road. Calls her over, assaults her then realised that if he lets her go he will go to jail, then proceeds to make the selfish choice of killing her, and possibly hiding the body in the basement, as they used to have dirt floors.

I live in another country and cannot stop thinking about this case. It is very sad. Such a terrible loss of human life.

Rest in Peace Beverly

Mystery Remains Unsolved 67 Years After Girl's Disappearance
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-unsolved-67-years-after-girls-disappearance
CLEVELAND (AP) — Clevelanders too young to remember Beverly Potts, even those born years after she disappeared in 1951, grew up knowing her name and her story.

It was a mystery that became almost folklore, a warning told by parents about the sort of thing that could happen, though no one knew what did happen. Only that a 10-year-old girl went to the park one August evening 67 years ago and vanished without a trace.

Meg Roberts, born in 1964, heard the story from her mother almost a generation later, and "it absolutely affected her parenting," she said. "She was strict, and always wanted to know where we were, who we were with.

[...]

What I saw when I opened the post.

UGH! Just got so excited. Unfortunately I don't expect resolve with this one. Thankful for the article, glad she isn't forgotten to all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For those who may have an interest, the Forensic Astrology blog recently suggested the possibility that Beverly was lured by workers at the Show Wagon and that it wouldn't have been too difficult beings how she was enamored by the excitement of the show and performers. It certainly doesn't hurt to be open and consider all things when it comes to the unresolved. This astrologist has been eerily spot on with many other cases that ended up being solved.

https://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/

For those who may have an interest, the Forensic Astrology blog recently suggested the possibility that Beverly was lured by workers at the Show Wagon and that it wouldn't have been too difficult beings how she was enamored by the excitement of the show and performers. It certainly doesn't hurt to be open and consider all things when it comes to the unresolved. This astrologist has been eerily spot on with many other cases that ended up being solved.

https://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/
That theory was put forth in the weeks after her disappearance iirc. It's also discussed well in Badal's book Twilight of Innocent, basically a biography.

There has always been a creepy carnival worker stereotype; I don't know if it's everywhere or just in this area because of this circumstance. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility especially if there was a woman who lured her.

That theory was put forth in the weeks after her disappearance iirc. It's also discussed well in Badal's book Twilight of Innocent, basically a biography.

There has always been a creepy carnival worker stereotype; I don't know if it's everywhere or just in this area because of this circumstance. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility especially if there was a woman who lured her.

I like how all the suspects are summarized in her article. Nice to have so many of them in one place.

I really hope she can still be recovered despite the fact it’s been 67 years since she disappeared. I suspect that William Henry redomond could be involved in her disappearance as it stated in an article that he lived in Ohio at one point. He was charged with the 1951 murder of Jane Althoff in Pennsylvania. He could also be involved in the 1952 disappearance of Connie smith from Connecticut, and the 1949 murder of Joanne Lynne from New York.

I really hope she can still be recovered despite the fact it’s been 67 years since she disappeared. I suspect that William Henry redomond could be involved in her disappearance as it stated in an article that he lived in Ohio at one point. He was charged with the 1951 murder of Jane Althoff in Pennsylvania. He could also be involved in the 1952 disappearance of Connie smith from Connecticut, and the 1949 murder of Joanne Lynne from New York.

Yes, the chances of this case being 'solved' are astronomical, unless a written confession or something is found, as Beverley's abductor is likely dead by now. I have a feeling her remains might be closer to home than people think, i.e. she was targeted by a neighbour and not some random passer-by.

Forensic Astrology

Thanks for sharing this link! I've followed the Forensic Astrology blog on and off for years, and I think it used to have an active thread on here, if I'm not mistaken.

I know astrology can be a sensitive issue because of varying beliefs. But, in my opinion, I find that it often yields questions and/or perspectives that I might never before have considered—kind of like brainstorming. And even if all you get is ideas that don't add up, well, you can rule those out and move on to those that do.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back