Identified! MA - Granby, off Route 116, WhtFem 15-26, UP14969, shallow grave, clothes, gold ring, Nov'78 - Patricia Ann Tucker

I did a lot of sewing in the '60s and '70s, thus my comments above. I taught myself how to sew knits. Yes, there were patterns for knits. Sewing knits became popular in the early 70's. You had to have a sewing machine that would sew zigzags, and most sewing machines out there did not.

Even if you were used to sewing knits, the round yoke and the stitched-in V at the neckline on that top would be tricky: there's no pucker, and the yoke edging would be on the bias. And if the inset piece isn't a knit, you're working with a knit seamed with a non-knit. Yowza! And if the green stuff is a knit, then the appliqué is a knit, too?

If there is consensus that the top is homemade, I would try Butterick.

Singer made an attachment that would adapt a straight-stitch machine for knit stitching. It grabbed the material and moved it back and forth under the needle and produced pretty good results.

People used tricks like iron-on interfacing, bias tape for the seams, etc. Also, many knit fabrics had factory backings, often foam, to stabilize the material.

It still wasn't easy, but if you were experienced and patient, like my mother, you could turn out some very nice results.

Does anyone have a contact with the MA state police? I'd like to email someone about Granby Girl but can't find an email address. When I emailed the Granby PD, they told me that MA state police had handled the case...

Okay, long shot, but:

Iris Leslie Brown?

Iris Leslie Brown | Vermont State Police

Posey confessed to the killing in April 2008. Posey, who initially claimed to have driven Brown to Springfield, Massachusetts, now maintains he never left Vermont, and may not have driven much beyond Barre, the last place he was seen the night Brown disappeared.

If he was actually telling the truth the first time, Springfield isn't that far off from Granby, and Granby is closer to VT. (Springfield is a city, so he probably just gave a general area). She would've died a little before they assumed, and she didn't have a "heavier build", but she would've been just a year outside the age range at 27 (Actually, she's inside the age range according to one article. Literally the tail end of it, but still) . She's also 5'4, which is what Granby Girl is stated to be in a Mass live article. Springfield woman seeks ID of 1978 Granby homicide case The general description of Brown hair also matches the dirty blonde/light brown description.

This is all banking on the assumption that he was actually telling the truth the first time, and that he did go toward Springfield. I can't wait til Granby Girl is in NamUs, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, long shot, but:

Iris Leslie Brown?

Iris Leslie Brown | Vermont State Police

If he was actually telling the truth the first time, Springfield isn't that far off from Granby, and Granby is closer to VT. (Springfield is a city, so he probably just gave a general area). She would've died a little before they assumed, and she didn't have a "heavier build", but she would've been just a year outside the age range at 27 (Actually, she's inside the age range according to one article. Literally the tail end of it, but still) . She's also 5'4, which is what Granby Girl is stated to be in a Mass live article. Springfield woman seeks ID of 1978 Granby homicide case The general description of Brown hair also matches the dirty blonde/light brown description.

This is all banking on the assumption that he was actually telling the truth the first time, and that he did go toward Springfield. I can't wait til Granby Girl is in NamUs, honestly.

Do we know the name of the boyfriend? Where he was in prison at? Is he presently accounted for?

I'm asking these questions because I'm actually thinking of the Allentown/Bear Creek case. I wonder if she DID connect with the boyfriend and later had kids with him.

I'm asking these questions because I'm actually thinking of the Allentown/Bear Creek case. I wonder if she DID connect with the boyfriend and later had kids with him.

I doubt it. I don't think this guy would confess to murdering her if he didn't -- you would think that for someone who only killed one person you would try and AVOID prosecution for it.

Is this case not in NamUs? I couldn't find it.

No, it's not. I've emailed Lori Bruski several times about getting it in and apparently there's a profile in the works (July 11 she emailed me saying "Granby Doe is a pending entry as the police and medical examiner are still populating it.") But I wish they could get it done soon...

No, it's not. I've emailed Lori Bruski several times about getting it in and apparently there's a profile in the works (July 11 she emailed me saying "Granby Doe is a pending entry as the police and medical examiner are still populating it.") But I wish they could get it done soon...

I'm kind of sad that she is still not in NamUs, even though it's been almost a year since Lori Bruski told me that. Clock is definitely ticking on this poor girl...

I mentioned this in August before that Allentown news broke open. What does anyone think about a relation to that case?

Granby Jane Doe is still not in NamUs yet. Probably a long shot as she's outside of all the ranges, but Susan "Rhonda" Labbe Susan Rhonda Labbe – The Charley Project She was last seen on August 8, 1974 about 100 miles away. I think there's a very good chance that whoever she is, GJD was never reported missing.

So frustrating she hasn't been put in NamUs yet! I wish they would get on that. :( If I had more information I could talk to nearby colleges about it, as likely someone knew this poor girl.

Susan "Rhonda" Labbe is a long shot, but could honestly be a possibility, I think. This case is vague enough that anything is a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back