CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that police have said they are open to all possibilities, but, at the same time, after their door to door searches, interviews with witnesses, and review of CCTV footage, police have focused exclusively on searching in the water and river banks.

Should a family just give up hope that their child is somehow alive out there and needs to be found?

Should a family just give up hope that their child is somehow alive out there and needs to be found?

Not sure why you're asking me this question.

My discussion is around the social-political challenges of police following the evidence versus permitting volunteers to dictate police search activities.

Many Images at link (below)

(Google translation)
Volunteers were invited for 11 hours at Galeries Normandie, in the borough of Ahuntsic-Cartierville. More than 200 people have come to lend a hand to the authorities, who have been trying relentlessly for 19 days to find the 10-year-old.
Police investigations continued on Saturday with divers, and the Montreal Police Department used a helicopter from the Sûreté du Québec to support the operations.
From Nova Scotia, Doc and his handler, Constable Brian Veniot, surveyed the ice on the banks of the Rivière des Prairies a few times.

However, the cold waters have limited the dive time of the seven-year-old German Shepherd.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou-reprise-des-recherches

‘We have to keep going’: Search continues for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou
March 31, 2018

After almost three weeks of looking for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, friends and family of the missing boy, along with around 200 volunteers, gathered Saturday for another search.

“We still haven’t found Ariel,” said the missing boy’s father, Kouadio Frederic Kouakou. “It’s our battle and we have to keep going until the end — I’m determined to go all the way to the end for this fight.”
Volunteers started their search in Parc des Bateliers, where Ariel was reportedly last seen.

They searched in wooded areas and along the water — on the lookout for any clue that could lead them to the young boy.
Though Ariel’s family was on hand for the search by the water, the 10-year-old’s father is adamant his son won’t be found there.
“I think that something can be done — more can be done,” said Kouakou. “That would be my appeal to the police.”
Officers were on the ground searching streets and parks.

RSBM
https://globalnews.ca/news/4116486/...tinues-for-10-year-old-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou/

Thinking about this beautiful boy and his family this afternoon. I can feel his father's strong spirit, and love for his son coming through in all the articles and interviews. If this were my missing child, I would stick with my gut. There is some unseen and inexplicable instinct that only a parent has. The police should listen to what the father says closely, and not stick to one theory.

I would want:
1. Verification of the whereabouts of any registered sex offender during the time the child went missing
2. Polygraphs of any adult whose child was suspended or reprimanded by the schoolteacher father in the past six months
3. Polygraphs of the childs teachers, coaches, and pastor.

I think out of the above three, something material might emerge.
All amateur speculation and opinion.

I keep wondering if there is some revenge motive. The ultimate way to harm someone is to harm their loved one. Very sick, but in the minds of evildoers, it's an eye for an eye. Did anyone have a grudge with the family?

Not sure why you're asking me this question.

My discussion is around the social-political challenges of police following the evidence versus permitting volunteers to dictate police search activities.

I would hope that the police are not in any way dictated by the volunteers. I assume the volunteer search is separate from what the police are doing? Obviously, the police have limited resources, and it becomes a question of how many man hours can be dedicated. But if I was the parent - every minute of every day would be spent on this, until my child was found. It makes me realize how awful it must be for parents whose children have not been found for years. How do you go on with your life?

Thinking about this beautiful boy and his family this afternoon. I can feel his father's strong spirit, and love for his son coming through in all the articles and interviews. If this were my missing child, I would stick with my gut. There is some unseen and inexplicable instinct that only a parent has. The police should listen to what the father says closely, and not stick to one theory.

I would want:
1. Verification of the whereabouts of any registered sex offender during the time the child went missing
2. Polygraphs of any adult whose child was suspended or reprimanded by the schoolteacher father in the past six months
3. Polygraphs of the childs teachers, coaches, and pastor.

I can't imagine that this would be viable.
1. We are talking about a city of 3 million people. I'm not sure how many registered sex offenders there are, but to verify the whereabouts of all of them I'm sure would be prohibitive.
2&3. Polygraphs are not admissible, plus this seems like an unattainable list. Also, as with number 1, the sheer quantity here would make it impossible. With all due respect to the family, this is not the only police case in Montreal, and resources are finite. I can't see them spending the kind of man hours that would be involved in this number of polygraphs, interviews, etc. unless they had some reason to think that a revenge scenario is likely.

I can't imagine that this would be viable.
1. We are talking about a city of 3 million people. I'm not sure how many registered sex offenders there are, but to verify the whereabouts of all of them I'm sure would be prohibitive.
2&3. Polygraphs are not admissible, plus this seems like an unattainable list. Also, as with number 1, the sheer quantity here would make it impossible. With all due respect to the family, this is not the only police case in Montreal, and resources are finite. I can't see them spending the kind of man hours that would be involved in this number of polygraphs, interviews, etc. unless they had some reason to think that a revenge scenario is likely.

This would all be routine police work. The polys would have to be voluntary.

rbbm.
Wondering what more LE could do with regards to a kidnapping, does the father have any idea who might have kidnapped his son, where else should be searched? imo.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4116486/...tinues-for-10-year-old-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou/
“We still haven’t found Ariel,” said the missing boy’s father, Kouadio Frederic Kouakou. “It’s our battle and we have to keep going until the end — I’m determined to go all the way to the end for this fight.”
They searched in wooded areas and along the water — on the lookout for any clue that could lead them to the young boy.
Though Ariel’s family was on hand for the search by the water, the 10-year-old’s father is adamant his son won’t be found there.
He’s still convinced Ariel was kidnapped, and wants police to focus efforts on that theory instead

Has the family seen the video of him by the water yet? If not, I don't understand the motivation for not showing it to them. I had a friend go missing. So many people want to help. Even if people feel the search is pointless, they still feel better doing something to show their support for the family. The alternative is staying home and doing nothing. In my case, our group found my friends body. This was after the professional search with dogs.

This would all be routine police work. The polys would have to be voluntary.

I respectfully disagree. Verifying someone's whereabouts means interviewing not just them but probably at least a few other people. To do that for a sex offender who lives nearby, sure, but for every one in a city of millions? I don't think so.

And interviewing the family of every student a teacher has given a detention to - let alone polygraphing them - I believe would also be beyond the bounds of a standard investigation. Perhaps if there was strong evidence of foul play, but when there is credible evidence that the child met with misadventure, I would be really shocked if police were even considering this level of scrutiny.

Has the family seen the video of him by the water yet? If not, I don't understand the motivation for not showing it to them. I had a friend go missing. So many people want to help. Even if people feel the search is pointless, they still feel better doing something to show their support for the family. The alternative is staying home and doing nothing. In my case, our group found my friends body. This was after the professional search with dogs.

There is video from the restaurant showing Ariel walking into the park. The family has viewed all video from the restaurant, however they insist that he is not seen walking to the park and on that basis claim that there is no video of him entering the park. When they watched the video, they instead focused on a shadowy figure near a car entering a car park, and concluded that this was Ariel being kidnapped.

There is video from the restaurant showing Ariel walking into the park. The family has viewed all video from the restaurant, however they insist that he is not seen walking to the park and on that basis claim that there is no video of him entering the park. When they watched the video, they instead focused on a shadowy figure near a car entering a car park, and concluded that this was Ariel being kidnapped.

Can you please provide a link where it states that the footage LE claims they saw Ariel entering the park is from the restaurant camera?

CCTV VIDEO.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/14/disparition-du-petit-ariel-images
https://translate.google.ca/transla...disparition-du-petit-ariel-images&prev=search

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/14/on-craignait-hier-pour-la-securite-de-lenfant
attachment.php
Bumping for the restaurant cctv information.
CCTV VIDEO.

Images of the young Ariel captured 48 hours ago by surveillance cameras in the Ahuntsic-Cartierville neighborhood

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...t-ariel-images
https://translate.google.ca/translat...es&prev=search

On the images, we can see the boy walking on the sidewalk to the east. We also distinguish very well yellow Adidas shoes with which he left home Monday noon. The cameras of the restaurant Le Bordelais, located a few steps away, also captured the little Ariel a few minutes later.
The Montreal police are in possession of all the images and are still trying to find the boy.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ite-de-lenfant

There was speculation here that police enhanced the video quality to pick up the images of Ariel entering the park. Would be nice if LE would report that is the case. As it stands, it seems a bizarre difference of opinion as to what was in that footage.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

There was speculation here that police enhanced the video quality to pick up the images of Ariel entering the park. Would be nice if LE would report that is the case. As it stands, it seems a bizarre difference of opinion as to what was in that footage.

The family is still insisting that Ariel would not go to the park. That means that they reject that the credible witness spoke to Ariel. That could also mean that they did not look at the people entering the park, that they are simply closed off from considering that reality.

They have proof that Ariel was at the park, and they refuse to believe it. I don't think there's much more the police can do to convince them otherwise.

I can't believe we are still here :(

Did I miss if there were scent dogs used along the way where Ariel is known to have walked (in the early days of the investigation)?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I can't believe we are still here :(

Did I miss if there were scent dogs used along the way where Ariel is known to have walked (in the early days of the investigation)?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I have not heard anything about scent dogs being used to track Ariel from his home. I don't think they were needed since CCTV footage tracked Ariel along the street from his house to his friend's house and then to the park where a witness spoke with him at the waterfront. From that point on there are no CCTV or witness sightings of Ariel, which has led police to believe that he left the park via the water.

The 3 year old boy who was swept away in the river in Toronto prior to Ariel's disappearance, has still not been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson