Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

My thought was that although the child was malnourished, if she is the little girl in the video pictures, someone took the time to dress her in what look to be clean clothes and her hair was braided. Another question is, why does "Greater Peace Community Development" which is a licensed daycare provider and is the controlling organization for Greater Peace Baptist Church not able to find a record on a child that attended a summer care program? Didn't someone there remember that the little girl in the pictures was not very well socialized and possibly speech impaired/delayed? Yet they don't remember her name. Odd.

if she is the little girl in the video pictures, someone took the time to dress her in what look to be clean clothes and her hair was braided.

It could have been she was taken care of, but the mother's boyfriend killed her and she hasn't come forward because he threatened her life or blames herself or even she could have been a murder victim too.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I saw that a previous poster had suggested the possibility that a student at Auburn University could be a possibility. It could also be that a former Auburn student may have been in the Outreach program at Auburn. The Greater Peace Development Center, another name associated with this church, is a service partner in the university's outreach program, AuburnServes. I wonder if they have checked to see if any Auburn students were assigned to "help out" at that summer day camp. Surely there would be records of those students. Grasping at straws here.

I have continued keeping up with Jane's case since I published my article in 2016, so to answer questions I didn't previously, in no specific order:

It was Brookhaven Trailer Park.

While they basically found skeletal remains, there were also tatters of a shirt (much like the pink shirt the girl was wearing in the photos) and some hair. The hair is African-American.

She wasn't at a daycare, she was at a Vacation Bible School, and having spoken to a few people in my area who run similar programs, records are rarely kept at all, and certainly wouldn't have been kept five years (the photos are from 2011, but it wasn't until 2016 that someone really noticed them when they were going through old photos they had taken - this was the same person who remembered her as keeping to herself, not well socialized, and unkempt). When she realized they might be photos of Jane, she brought them to the OPD.

OPD did look into everyone who lived in that trailer park and did not find anyone of note for this case.

Ground level view shows the road goes right over the creekbed where she was found. If she was dumped in September (decaying smell was noticed in the area in fall 2011, and you've ever lived near a creek or river, that's not an unusual smell) the trees would have provided a lot of cover for someone to easily dump her body over the railing from the road above. If they figured she'd land in the creek and float away it would be someone who did NOT live by that creek, as they would have known better.

I still lean toward Selah. One of the things I discovered while digging around about her case struck me funny, and I did mention it to the detective when I spoke to him - Selah, her mother, and her mother's boyfriend were all listed as having gone missing together in upstate NY. However, I found him alive and well in NJ. He has since been removed from Selah's missing page. I don't know what's going on with that now. As Selah's mother went missing with her, I'm not sure if there's any family still alive to run DNA against.

I don't rule out that the mother could be an illegal immigrant or victim of traffickers. If that is Jane in the photos, while yes, her hair is done, it was noted that it was not done very well (same lady that turned in the photos to police noted that). It still would have taken time to do (hour, hour and half if you have plenty of practice, maybe more than two hours if you don't), that sounds like it was not professionally done.

I still lean heavily towards trauma as the cause of the eyeflash, since there was healed or healing damage to the skull in that area.

There were, as I noted in previous posts, several girls I was able to rule out entirely, or rule as likely alive parental abductions. Many have also since been removed from the missing list that existed at the time I started researching. This was information I shared with with OPD but did not publish.

I am presently working on creating a Youtube video about her. If anyone can think of something I should add, I'd appreciate the input.

ETA: Rosemere Cemetery was ruled out as a source of her remains.

Opelika has a high crime rate. VERY high.

This little girls story has always caught my eye when I have seen it on SM etc. I seem to see it a lot but I have never looked into it too much. I started thinking of her more and more over Christmas/New Year but of course, by then, I couldn't remember the state, or "name" to find her case. Anyway, long story short, I'm here, I just read over this entire thread and cannot believe she has not been identified following those images that were released from the video at the church. It seems as if they have all of the pieces except one.

I'm not sure what I can add here, but I'd like to try.

STILL SEARCHING

The Opelika Police Department is searching for the identity of a little girl, 3-7 years old found deceased in January 2012.
She was found behind a trailer park off Hurst Street in Opelika, #Alabama. It's estimated she had been deceased for 8 months to 2 years, placing her death likely between 2009 and 2011.

View her poster here: https://goo.gl/w9m99N
Please call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST
if you have any information that could help identify this child.

Video at Link.

Up to $5K reward offered in the "Baby Jane Doe" case

[FONT=&quot]LEE COUNTY, AL (WTVM) - Lee County's District Attorney held a press conference on the [/FONT]"Baby Jane Doe" case as Opelika police continue to search for leads in the case.

[FONT=&quot]Now, the DA is giving an update on the case and revealing that Gov. Kay Ivey has granted the request to give a reward up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest or update of this case.[/FONT]​

[h=1]Who Is Baby Jane Doe?[/h]
(NBC NEWS) Alabama’s Opelika Police Department and the Lee County District’s Office held a joint press conference Thursday to give an update on the baby Jane Doe case.
We need to find out her name. We need to give her a proper burial and we need to settle this case for her,” said Detective Sgt. Alfred White with the Opelika Police Department. Police believe a photo taken at Greater Peace Baptist Church is their baby Jane Doe.
From the church picture, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency drew up two new sketches to help determine who she is.
“I find it hard to believe that no one in Opelika knows who this child is. She was seen at church and with this small community of 25,000 people, how can no one identify a a one-eyed black female. I find that very hard to believe that no one knows who she is,” said Det. Sgt. White.
DNA testing has determined that she is from the Southeast. Police said where she was found, only someone who lived in the area would know.

“Whoever did this to the child, lived in the trailer park and is from the area. This is not an area where an outsider would stumble upon, find, and dump a body at,” said Det. Sgt. White.
https://www.41nbc.com/2018/03/23/baby-jane-doe/

[h=1]Police working tirelessly to identify Baby Jane Doe[/h]
(WLTZ) - Alabama's Opelika Police Department and the Lee County District's Office held a joint press conference Thursday to give an update on the baby Jane Doe case.

Skeletal remains were found near a trailer park in Opelika on January 28, 2012.
Opelika Police determined that the little girl, between 4 and 7-years-old, was murdered between 2010-2012.
"We need to find out her name. We need to give her a proper burial and we need to settle this case for her," said Detective Sgt. Alfred White with the Opelika Police Department.

Police believe a photo taken at Greater Peace Baptist Church is their baby Jane Doe.
http://www.wfla.com/news/viral-news/police-working-tirelessly-to-identify-baby-jane-doe/1075438712

From the article, bbm for focus:
DNA testing has determined that she is from the Southeast. Police said where she was found, only someone who lived in the area would know.

"Whoever did this to the child, lived in the trailer park and is from the area. This is not an area where an outsider would stumble upon, find, and dump a body at," said Det. Sgt. White.

If they truly believe this, then are they doing a project similar to the Bear Brook one, mapping out the trailers, identifying who lived where and tracking down former residents, etc? There must be records, a way of tracking down who lived there and interviewing them. Have they done that in this case?

Elizabeth White of WBRL channel 3 posted this to her FB page on Friday. Quite a few comments already. Not through them yet but it looks like the right people are seeing and commenting. Some comments are being deleted by what I have read so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elizabeth White of WBRL channel 3 posted this to her FB page on Friday. Quite a few comments already. Not through them yet but it looks like the right people are seeing and commenting. Some comments are being deleted by what I have read so far.

Can you link it

From the article, bbm for focus:

If they truly believe this, then are they doing a project similar to the Bear Brook one, mapping out the trailers, identifying who lived where and tracking down former residents, etc? There must be records, a way of tracking down who lived there and interviewing them. Have they done that in this case?

Yes, they've been working on that for a while.

It’s interesting that they’re now saying JD had a missing left eye. Never heard that until the press conference. It really turns heads and now it’s hopefully going to get the right people to say something. She deserves a name. And I’m actually quite convinced the little girl in the Bible camp pictures are indeed JD.

It’s interesting that they’re now saying JD had a missing left eye. Never heard that until the press conference. It really turns heads and now it’s hopefully going to get the right people to say something. She deserves a name. And I’m actually quite convinced the little girl in the Bible camp pictures are indeed JD.

Was it a missing eye or just damaged? I assumed it was from the photos and her one eye having the obvious flaw in pics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back