CA - Stephon Clark, 22, unarmed, fatally shot by Sacramento police, 18 March 2018

Watch this kid taunt a police officer, defying his orders, acting like he’s going to get in his car and leave, the cop tazes him.
Then he chases the officer, screaming like a banshee, while two more officers stand by and watch.
He almost caught the cop, then he runs and jumps in the cops patrol car, the cop has a weapon pointed on him just outside the door, the kid opens the door on the cop, knocking him back.
Then he gets in his own car as if to flee and accelerates fast, backwards, weaving wildly by the cops, then puts it in drive and crashes into the cops car. Then he gets out of his car and runs away.
No shots fired.

California cop flees after screaming man shrugs off stun gun blast, chases after him

Woman Hit by Sheriff’s SUV during Protest at Sacramento County Sheriff’s Service Center

The march and vigil started off peaceful but shortly after protesters started marching , a sheriff’s department patrol SUV allegedly hit a protester while she marched.

The sheriff's department says it is investigating what happened. California Highway Patrol is also investigating the situation and ask any witnesses, especially those with photos or videos of the incident, to contact the CHP’s South Sacramento Area office at 916-681-2300, during regular business hours, or contact the CHP Communication Center at 916-861-1300. Witnesses may refer to incident report number: 9252-2018-01427.

http://fox40.com/2018/03/31/protester-hit-by-sheriffs-suv/

CHP: Protester hit by Sacramento County Sheriff's Department SUV

The woman suffered minor injuries from the collision while protesting the police shooting death of Stephon Clark near 65th Street and Florin Road, CHP said.

This video is very troubling. It's clear that the Sheriffs SUV hit the woman. What's not clear is why the deputy failed to stop and render aid to the woman.

http://www.kcra.com/article/chp-protester-hit-by-sacramento-county-sheriffs-department-suv/19650909

Our Stephon Clark lie – ‘Diverse’ Sacramento is not as tolerant as we think

Because as much as we extol Sacramento for being diverse, that point of pride is often exposed as a lie in our public discourse. We have a wonderful city, but we lead separate lives within it, many of us retreating to our privileged silos in moments of public fear and unease.

That racial, cultural and economic divide means that Sacramento could still erupt in violence. Sacramento's happy veneer of diversity could be damaged for years to come because enough of us remain polarized over why Clark died and what should be done about it.

CHP: Protester hit by Sacramento County Sheriff's Department SUV

This video is very troubling. It's clear that the Sheriffs SUV hit the woman. What's not clear is why the deputy failed to stop and render aid to the woman.

http://www.kcra.com/article/chp-protester-hit-by-sacramento-county-sheriffs-department-suv/19650909

I know. I saw it last night.
The poor woman looks like hell, blood all over her..
Sacramento officers need to learn some anger management and coping mechanisms.
Take a deep breath.
Count to ten.

They are off their rockers with aggression and this
hit and run was a direct defiance of the offending officer’s accountability to the rule of law. .

Watch this kid taunt a police officer, defying his orders, acting like he’s going to get in his car and leave, the cop tazes him.
Then he chases the officer, screaming like a banshee, while two more officers stand by and watch.
He almost caught the cop, then he runs and jumps in the cops patrol car, the cop has a weapon pointed on him just outside the door, the kid opens the door on the cop, knocking him back.
Then he gets in his own car as if to flee and accelerates fast, backwards, weaving wildly by the cops, then puts it in drive and crashes into the cops car. Then he gets out of his car and runs away.
No shots fired.

California cop flees after screaming man shrugs off stun gun blast, chases after him

But did he have a cell phone?

Wow. The Sacramento police are not showing themselves in a good light at the moment.

The facts are fairly ugly, and not wanting anyone to die won't make them prettier. If I lived in Sacramento I wouldn't be sitting around not wanting anyone to die, I'd be out joining in with the protesters.
If I lived in Sacramento, the last place I'd be would be joining any protesters.
Maybe when people realize that rioting, burning down businesses of innocent people, blocking the roadways of innocent people and restricting their freedom to travel, inflicting bodily harm, and justifiably being arrested for something that has been done over and over where the end result has been proven to be no result, I'll change my mind.
On the other hand, if people want to peacefully protest at the State House steps, and induce strict legislation that punish cops for their wrong doing, no different than anyone else, I'm all in.

If I lived in Sacramento, the last place I'd be would be joining any protesters.
Maybe when people realize that rioting, burning down businesses of innocent people, blocking the roadways of innocent people and restricting their freedom to travel, inflicting bodily harm, and justifiably being arrested for something that has been done over and over where the end result has been proven to be no result, I'll change my mind.
On the other hand, if people want to peacefully protest at the State House steps, and induce strict legislation that punish cops for their wrong doing, no different than anyone else, I'm all in.

You must have missed the Civil Rights Movement and the Viet Nam War.

There have been no riots in Sacramento, no burning down of businesses in Sacramento, and no other violent acts off the protesters either. The only violent act we've seen is a Sheriff's car driving into the protesters and injuring one.

I guess if the only protest against extra judicial killings by police offficers is totally non-annoying it will never be heard. Which is why the protesters are blocking roadways and making a nuisance of themselves. Good for them, and shame on anyone who doesn't get out and march with them.

There have been no riots in Sacramento, no burning down of businesses in Sacramento, and no other violent acts off the protesters either. The only violent act we've seen is a Sheriff's car driving into the protesters and injuring one.

I guess if the only protest against extra judicial killings by police offficers is totally non-annoying it will never be heard. Which is why the protesters are blocking roadways and making a nuisance of themselves. Good for them, and shame on anyone who doesn't get out and march with them.

If I don't join the protesters I should be shamed? Why do you say that?

You must have missed the Civil Rights Movement and the Viet Nam War.
I'm glad you brought that up.
MLK made it clear that his protests were to be non violent. The violence that took place was initiated by law enforcement trying to enforce Jim Crow laws. Once he made his presence well known to the world, through his non violent protests, then he caught the attention of Robert Kennedy which was the beginning of change. LBJ inacted the legislation.
The same goes for the Vietnam war.For the most part, peaceful demonstrations by student protesters that did not only want an end to the war, but also didn't want the ROTC recruiters on campus. Kent State was a good example, A few decided to start burning buildings, and that's when the National Guard was called in. We all know the end result of that.
99% of those protests were non violent, and they did make a difference, however, the real reason that war ended was due to the Tet Offensive, and Walter Cronkite telling the worlds his views.
I know this is OT, but here's what he said. Once The statement was made LBJ said "If I lost Cronkite, I have lost middle america" That was the beginning of the end.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106775685

What Martin Luther King Jr Really Thought About Riots

"I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity.

"And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention."

King also makes the point that those who talk about riots being counterproductive because they caused white backlash are missing the whole picture. “It may well be that shouts of Black Power and riots in Watts and the Harlems and the other areas, are the consequences of the white backlash rather than the cause of them,” he said. Even as major steps forward were taken, steps backward—the backlash, often harder to pin down—were constantly on the horizon.

Desegregation was the law of the land and the Civil Rights Act had been passed, but economic inequality and racism were alive and well. The result was, he posited, despair. Despair is linked to anger, and thus to riots.

I'll pass. I have no desire to be "non annoying" by punishing someone that wants to go to an arena to see a game, or wants to travel down I 5 who had nothing to do with this.

What Martin Luther King Jr Really Thought About Riots

"I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity.

"And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention."
I don't want to go OT too much, but I'll post this.To me, this is about a human being that was imo, unjustifiably shot. I don't care if he was black or white.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...n-luther-king-devotion-nonviolence-180953639/

I'm glad you brought that up.
MLK made it clear that his protests were to be non violent. The violence that took place was initiated by law enforcement trying to enforce Jim Crow laws. Once he made his presence well known to the world, through his non violent protests, then he caught the attention of Robert Kennedy which was the beginning of change. LBJ inacted the legislation.
The same goes for the Vietnam war.For the most part, peaceful demonstrations by student protesters that did not only want an end to the war, but also didn't want the ROTC recruiters on campus. Kent State was a good example, A few decided to start burning buildings, and that's when the National Guard was called in. We all know the end result of that.
99% of those protests were non violent, and they did make a difference, however, the real reason that war ended was due to the Tet Offensive, and Walter Cronkite telling the worlds his views.
I know this is OT, but here's what he said. Once The statement was made LBJ said "If I lost Cronkite, I have lost middle america" That was the beginning of the end.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106775685

The protest in Sacramento has been non violent, as well.
The only injury was by a hit and run sheriff officer running over a peaceful protester.
FB50FF23-15BE-4A31-A7EF-213FD6330C59.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back