CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following. Strange and sad case.
Sometimes people want to do well ; but end up over their heads.

Or maybe some of the children acted like... children-- and their moms reacted by depriving food ? Terrible to think about, but we've witnessed how the Turpin parents 'handled' their children ; going to great lengths to pose as a normal family--- all while their kids were starving. :cry:

I'm thinking the 3 missing children are somewhere else-- alive or not ? Wouldn't they still be in the vehicle if immediately deceased from the crash ?

Right?! That's what I am wondering. If the neighbors saw the whole family get into the car then what did they do with the three tattle tails?

From my stand point I feel like Sarah and Jen weren't stupid. They got into a pattern of abusing the kids. They didn't see anything wrong with it. They probably thought as long as they only punish the kids and mistreat them at home everything would be OK and no one on the outside would know. They got a shock when the littlest girl when to school and told of the abuse she had suffered at the hands of Jen. So that was when they decided we will take the kids out of school so that wouldn't happen again. They also apparently over time isolated the kids from the outdoors. Old neighbors said they'd occasionally see the kids playing in the garden but current neighbors claim the kids never were outside. I think when they made their most recent move Sarah and Jen maybe looked at it as a way to start over new. When Hannah went to the neighbors and begged them to help her the mothers abuse probably got even worse and that's most likely when they started starving the kids. I feel like they offered the apology and introduced the kids as a way to smooth things over and keep the neighbors from calling cys. When realization of what devonte had been doing asking the neighbors for food hit either from them maybe finding the food, devonte and the two girls taking off or from when the social worker knocked at the door I think Jen and Sarah realised that was it and they needed a way out. They knew the kids must've been tired of the abuse for them to keep going to the neighbors so I think Jen and Sarah knew they couldn't isolate the kids anymore than they already have and that's why they did what they did. To stop the truth from coming out and being like the turpins and getting exposed. I also wanted to add I seen a interview where Sarah's father spoke about what happened. His comments were very short and he didn't say much about his grandchildren if anything at all. The only thing he said was that he felt like he was in a fog. He didn't try to defend his daughter or Jen or plead their case the way the friends have. I found that interesting. He didn't even say or try to reason that Sarah wouldn't be capable of killing the kids or anything. It could be just the family wanting privacy and not to be in the lime light but like I said I found it odd.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

do you have a link?

I agree that's one of the biggest red flags to me it speaks for itself. I just don't get why they thought it be smarter to drive all the way to California to drive off a cliff surely their would be one closer if they we're that determined. I will say and maybe I'm alone here maybe they picked that location for a reason. I thought the sights and area looked similar creepily to the area where they filmed Sarah's birthday video. Maybe that's where the mother's decided they would do it because they had some sort of memory or just wanted to be there in nature.

I think it took a long time to actually work up the nerve to actually drive off a cliff. I am not sure they could have hopped into the suv and driven straight to the nearest drop off. I think it took hours and hours of mulling it over, thinking about alternatives, or ways to avoid the situation, etc etc.

At some point, imo, it became clear to at least one of the parents, that there was no way out of the difficulty situation awaiting them back home.

I always feel really weird when white people adopt several kids from a specific race, like, these two only adopted black kids. Why is that? And someone might be thinking "well, why not?", and that is absolutely valid too. There is NOTHING wrong about only adopting black children. I'm not saying that, since they are white, they should exclusively adopt white children. I'm not saying that black children are unwhorthy of being adopted. What I'm saying is that I always feel weird when white people go above and beyond just to adopt black kids, or hispanic kids, or asian kids, and so on. It doesn't feel right to me, it always seems like they're making it about them and about the image of themselves that they want to be perceived by everyone else. And I'm aware that white people are not the only ones that do this. I'm sorry if this is confusing or if this doesn't seem relevant to this case.

The Harts had two adoptions of two sets of siblings. Possibly they wanted to keep their children within the same ethnicity or possibly the first set of children had a say in the second set of adoptions.

I am a white mom with black kids...here's how it happens. The agency asks, what color child are you comfortable with...some parents say white only and it is on all of your placement paperwork...and others say Latino...etc. We are also told that there are 30,000 children waiting for homes and the majority are black or Hispanic. Then you open your mind and your heart and you say, I can do this...I can adopt a child outside of my race. Trust me it is so not about you at that point at all...in fact, it will become even more so about the kids. You learn to do their hair and skin and you learn to navigate in a world full of racist people, both blacks and whites.

The adoption agency calls and says they have a child for you and you say yes or no...if you say no based on race...well....um, you shouldn't have been open to race.(and if you want a white kid only, foster care may not the adoption route one should take). My children are all brown, it's the way they wanted it to be...the first two have had a say on the color of the third...and the first had a say in the color of the second, so I'm a white mom with 2 soon to be three black kids.

Not once...was I in this to save a black kid! I wanted to be a mother, I figured why not adopt one of the 30,000 children without a home. After adopting a child from birth I ended up with a child who was bipolar, ADHD and psychotic who has three therapy appointments a week and another who still chews her clothes even at 12 because of sensory issues brought on by drug exposure in the womb. Most foster adoptive kids have issues and their issues can be really hard on a family.

I think part of the sheltering happening with this family was spurned by the negative outlook on who they were as a family. I have to say as a "hippie" mom myself with black kids, I'm feeling quite angered by the way this family is depicted. I don't think camping and going to festivals is wrong...neither is homeschooling or being lesbians in a transracial family.

Instead of shut people away, they should have reached out for help...perhaps it became too much for them, but abuse, showing off, saving and parading children usually is never an adoptive parent's goal. My gut sense says they shut themselves away because they didn't like the negative attention they got, needed help for the kid's issues but didn't reach out to get it, and then they couldn't control the behaviors anymore, didn't have the right resources to parent them or the skills to manage their issues so made bad parenting choices and would rather die with them...than lose them. Horrific of course, but going to festivals, camping, touching worms, and being a transracial family is not...driving off a cliff is.

I agree 100%. I think the missing three will be found murdered somewhere else. Dear God in Heaven, I so pray I am wrong.

I wonder if investigators found evidence that the other 3 kids were there.......like odd shoes or clothing, or god forbid, body parts.....for some reason, they seem to think the kids were there..... JMO

Regarding the speedometer pinned at 90 mph, I have a 2004 GMC Yukon and, for months, my speedometer was stuck at 120 mph. I’ve never driven 120 mph. The speedometer read 120 mph whether I was stopped at a light, tootling merrily along at 35 mph, or driving highway speeds. It’s a common problem on older Yukons: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmc yukon speedometer problems

I’m wondering if the 90 mph reading is not a true reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thus is the link where they talk to the old neighbors and tmsarahs father.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-plunged-cliff-fled-home-targeted-KKK.html

From your link...

Samantha Sinclair, a Portland trauma nurse who has known the family since 2014, described their home as one of joy, filled with books, music and healthy food.

'Their story is not about abuse,' she told the Washington Post. 'It is a story of triumph and love.'

Triumph? What a sickening thing to say IMO.

There are many Waldorf high schools with successful, and even some famous graduates.

We know a (wealthy) family who had their child at the Waldorf school who then transitioned to a top NYC public high school and did very well. Just an anecdote. Also know a few homeschoolers in Manhattan. They’re not weirdos. In fact, one of the moms is a graduate of Yale University.

From your link...

Samantha Sinclair, a Portland trauma nurse who has known the family since 2014, described their home as one of joy, filled with books, music and healthy food.

'Their story is not about abuse,' she told the Washington Post. 'It is a story of triumph and love.'

Triumph? What a sickening thing to say IMO.

That is a bizarre description for what happened. It's all over the news that the driver sped off the 100 foot cliff and killed them all. Two parents were seat-belted in, three children were found in the water, and the other three are believed to have been carried away by the water current.

There is no "triumph" anywhere in any part of this story. It is a story of an unstable woman who was gifted other people's children and who then killed them. She's a typical "family annihilator", and that is the only way she should be remembered.

Some people would rather die than go to prison.
Which makes me think something happened to the missing three. :(
:moo:

We know a (wealthy) family who had their child at the Waldorf school who then transitioned to a top NYC public high school and did very well. Just an anecdote. Also know a few homeschoolers in Manhattan. They’re not weirdos. In fact, one of the moms is a graduate of Yale University.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Waldorf educational system. Children cannot watch TV, use computers and play electronic games in the first six grades. Instead they learn a musical instrument of their choice starting at age 5, they learn several languages starting in grade 1, and they have immersive, experiential learning in all subjects. For example, they learn how gears and pulleys work without staring at a computer, and complete capstone projects in grades 7-9.

Can we all at least agree that, with the Hart family, the children were not being home-schooled for better educational opportunities?

Can we all at least agree that, with the Hart family, the children were not being home-schooled for better educational opportunities?

I doubt that the children were out of school because it was in their best interests. It looks more like the parents were gradually withdrawing from any situation where the children had opportunities to speak out about their home life.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Waldorf educational system. Children cannot watch TV, use computers and play electronic games in the first six grades. Instead they learn a musical instrument of their choice starting at age 5, they learn several languages starting in grade 1, and they have immersive, experiential learning in all subjects. For example, they learn how gears and pulleys work without staring at a computer, and complete capstone projects in grades 7-9.

Then why were the Moms posting videos and photos on social media had to be using electronics via a laptop, tablet and or smartphone. Mom had a nice pro camera and expensive telephoto lens hung around her neck in one of the photos.

In that program do the Moms beat bruise the kids on their tummies and back, sticking their head under water in a bathtub, go without food for punishment because of finding a penny? What a hot head abusive Mom. I’ve never hit my children when they were young growing up and had them go without food.

Practice what they preach. Hypocrites

Then why were the Moms posting videos and photos on social media had to be using electronics via a laptop, tablet and or smartphone. Mom had a nice pro camera and expensive telephoto lens hung around her neck in one of the photos.

Practice what they preach. Hypocrites

In the context of the Waldorf school, children are not allowed to use electronics or watch TV in the first six years of school. After than, things can change. Furthermore, the use of electronics does not extend to the parents of children attending the Waldorf school. The school rules only apply to the children.

Cameras and telephoto lenses are not considered to be "electronics".

Some people would rather die than go to prison.
Which makes me think something happened to the missing three. :(
:moo:
I have five theories as to what happened to the missing children I think they're all possibilities or it could be something I haven't guessed but here's my theories:

1. Devonte and the missing girls came up with an escape plan and were able to plan it out and took off with the dogs. This would be the reason if true that Sarah and Jen would take off with the other 3 kids fearing cps would find out that other kids were gone. Which leads us to now the three remaining kids still hiding fearing the moms.

2. The moms could have of found out about the food devonte was getting, confronted him and the other two girls and possibly killed them and took off with the other kids first getting rid of the bodies then going over the cliff.

3. Devonte and the girls could have escaped during the trip if the mothers stopped off some where. The moms could have got so enraged when they realized that they drove off the cliff in anger. Which leads us to now the three remaining kids still hiding fearing the moms.

4. Devonte and the girls as a form of punishment were left in the woods or else where as a form of punishment. This could have led to an argument between the mother's one of them trying to reason with the other saying they went too far and to go back for the kids. This could have triggered the other mother to then out of anger go over the cliff. Meaning Devonte and the girls are out there somewhere waiting for the mothers to come back for them.

5. This one is a bit of a stretch but still worth a mention. Maybe the girls passed away awhile ago due to starvation, Devonte did tell the neighbors the mothers were starving him to death. Maybe before the cps worker showed up Devonte also died of starvation and when cps showed up the mother's panicked and went to dispose of the bodies before realizing they couldn't go back home now that cps was onto them and so they went off the cliff.

6. The kids were all actually in the suv and the three kids who were missing weren't seat belted in and maybe were thrown from the suv further out if they were sitting in the back with the dogs. The other 3 kids who were found outside the suv maybe were alive for a short time after the crash and got out of the suv.

These are all possible theories to me.

Okay one more post (for now) about seat belts. And maybe later after further studies they will prove the kids somehow were belted in and in the crash something happened to eject them, but...playing devil’s advocate, and to add one more twist, what if the parents convinced the kids to unbuckle? This was a long drive and the kids had to be asking where they were going and why, I imagine - unless they drove all night and the kids fell asleep quickly and never knew what was happening. Some were old enough to try to escape if they knew something bad was going to happen. What are the chances that the moms told them that they would be taken away, that this (dying together) was the only way to stick together as a family? What if they terrified them about foster care and coerced them into unbuckling? The fact that all the kids (as far as we know) were unbuckled has just continued to really bother me. Again this is another pretty far-fetched theory, but one that I think deserves giving a little thought to. We know that those who are abused are easily influenced by their abusers, I don’t think it’s far-fetched to believe that at least some of them would have believed that this was the “only” option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member