Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

I assume they meant damaged, but they did say “missing” once or twice in the PC. But I didn’t even know about the eye anomaly being obvious on the actual body.

I assume they meant damaged, but they did say “missing” once or twice in the PC. But I didn’t even know about the eye anomaly being obvious on the actual body.

Just in the pics that one eye has the light reflecting. I only noticed because it can be a sigh of cancer apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in the pics that one eye has the light reflecting. I only noticed because it can be a sigh of cancer apparently

I thought about that too in the pictures actually, about her maybe having undetected cancer... but the mannerisms the Bible camp said she had points towards abuse more than anything. Even if they’re not the same girl (which I don’t think anyone doubts that the girl and the JD are the same), it’s sad overall that a little child was murdered :(

I thought about that too in the pictures actually, about her maybe having undetected cancer... but the mannerisms the Bible camp said she had points towards abuse more than anything. Even if they’re not the same girl (which I don’t think anyone doubts that the girl and the JD are the same), it’s sad overall that a little child was murdered :(

I agree. I’m sure it was abuse that caused the eye issue too. It was just why I noted the eye to start with. My daughter is close to this age. Reading the description of her behavior in the Bible school is heartbreaking. I think the only answers we get will either come from a sibling much much later or through a familial DNA match.

This area is poor. Very very very poor. 5000 grand is like 50K. If anyone knew her they would have given it up for the money a long time ago.

I learned about this a while back. I had hoped they would have gotten more results by now. Without the body they still can't really hazard a guess as to the means of death.

From what I have read forensic science indicates this child was from the southeast. We know the child came from Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee or Florida.

Science also indicates the child found was malnourished and visually impaired. They further indicate the girl in the VBS photos looks malnourished and appears to have some visual impairment. They further assume that because she was at the program she was from an impoverished family ( I can assume that means drug and alcohol abuse and sporadic to no employment).

It is fair to assume that she was visually disabled? If so, I am sure the parent(s) or guardian(s) were using her to get some form of disability payment or aid, especially if they were indigent.
Question:
Wouldn't the authorities/caseworkers (I know they are useless humps, but some may actually do their jobs) require some form of annual doctor reports or case filings, or welfare checks? That type of visual disability would require a doctors examination at some point (initial diagnosis and potential follow-ups) and a record exists of children in that age group with such disability in some government file, especially where disability and medicaid is involved. It is not logical that the parent or guardian of such a child would forego government financial assistance. So, again this child has a case file out there in the system. The investigators have to find it.

I believe investigators have drawn to the conclusion that the child in the church photos is the child in question and even is she's not, wouldn't we all like to know if that child in the photo is somewhere in distress and needs help? I know I would. So, it appears they are geared their case toward finding or identifying the child in the photo.

Investigators feel she may have been kept from the public, so few people may have even known about her existence, but even still somebody had to have seen her or the adults who collected her from the VBS program. I know these churches operate the programs using government block grants and funding. The more participants the more money, so it pays to furnish names of participants, even if the church failed to keep such records and turned no child away, it is difficult to believe this child has no name and was just dropped off because they have pictures on multiple days.

There's at least two pictures, which indicates she was their on multiple days. Somebody from the church recognized the police description and remembered something. it's too bad they didn't take interest back then and try to help the child. I mean it doesn't take a social worker to tell or show you a child in distress and those photos show that to me.

I submit that the church and the police should focus on identifying the kids who were at the program. Even if the little girl was quiet and introverted, I sure she gave a name to at least one child. Some child who was at this church program has that first name (that's half the mystery solved) . I'm in my fifty-one and I can still remember my first day at head start, so I know they remember. We need to teach our kids the difference between snitching and helping. They might not talk to the police, but they might talk to the ministers.

I'm sure the parents/guardian are likely felons in some state judging by the description of the child's bruising and nourishment deficiencies. They may have been on the run at that time, but again they were running from some place in the southeast. Since they know have her DNA profile, it needs to be checked against convicted felons in these states and they may get a hit.

I know I might be rambling, but I am horrified at what our children go through (not just American children or just black children or white children or red children or yellow or brown children), but all children in this country and around the world.

I can't understand how a person could abuse a child (a helpless person).

I look at my own nieces ages 4 to 17 and I actually find myself praying for their continued safety. I am not particularly religious, especially in light of this tragedy. Even more so because this is not an isolated case, it happens every minute of everyday somewhere around this world. If there is a God, he's not supposed to let this happen. And when society fails to protect the children, society is doomed.

I will continue to follow this story and hope if not pray that this child in the picture gets helped and the soul of the child they found gets peace. I hate to say this, but I hope they are the same person because it would mean only one child and not two in need and distress and the investigators would at least have solved part of the mystery.

Thank you for this forum

Vacation Bible School in this area is usually a week long event sponsored by the church. Usually in early summer. They run the vans and buses to pick up the kids from poor areas that would not get to come if they didn't do this.

There are no government funds, this activity is a tradition going back many, many years. Apparently this church didn't have the kids fill out a registration card or she would've been identified. That used to be a given but apparently these days the focus is on getting the kids there and not record keeping. Our church hasn't done this the past few years either.

This child was probably kept out of the public eye and it's surprising that she got to go to VBS. It makes me wonder..was her abuser out of the house at this time as well? Perhaps incarcerated on other charges?

Yes, the family probably got assistance for her in the form of welfare for a minor child..I don't know what that's called these days. She was probably signed up at birth .Then the family probably got Food stamps for her. I have my doubts as to whether she was on the WIC program because to stay on that the kids are examined at the WIC office once or twice a year and the parents probably did not want that to happen.

I learned about this a while back. I had hoped they would have gotten more results by now. Without the body they still can't really hazard a guess as to the means of death.

From what I have read forensic science indicates this child was from the southeast. We know the child came from Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee or Florida.

Science also indicates the child found was malnourished and visually impaired. They further indicate the girl in the VBS photos looks malnourished and appears to have some visual impairment. They further assume that because she was at the program she was from an impoverished family ( I can assume that means drug and alcohol abuse and sporadic to no employment).

It is fair to assume that she was visually disabled? If so, I am sure the parent(s) or guardian(s) were using her to get some form of disability payment or aid, especially if they were indigent.
Question:
Wouldn't the authorities/caseworkers (I know they are useless humps, but some may actually do their jobs) require some form of annual doctor reports or case filings, or welfare checks? That type of visual disability would require a doctors examination at some point (initial diagnosis and potential follow-ups) and a record exists of children in that age group with such disability in some government file, especially where disability and medicaid is involved. It is not logical that the parent or guardian of such a child would forego government financial assistance. So, again this child has a case file out there in the system. The investigators have to find it.

I believe investigators have drawn to the conclusion that the child in the church photos is the child in question and even is she's not, wouldn't we all like to know if that child in the photo is somewhere in distress and needs help? I know I would. So, it appears they are geared their case toward finding or identifying the child in the photo.

Investigators feel she may have been kept from the public, so few people may have even known about her existence, but even still somebody had to have seen her or the adults who collected her from the VBS program. I know these churches operate the programs using government block grants and funding. The more participants the more money, so it pays to furnish names of participants, even if the church failed to keep such records and turned no child away, it is difficult to believe this child has no name and was just dropped off because they have pictures on multiple days.

There's at least two pictures, which indicates she was their on multiple days. Somebody from the church recognized the police description and remembered something. it's too bad they didn't take interest back then and try to help the child. I mean it doesn't take a social worker to tell or show you a child in distress and those photos show that to me.

I submit that the church and the police should focus on identifying the kids who were at the program. Even if the little girl was quiet and introverted, I sure she gave a name to at least one child. Some child who was at this church program has that first name (that's half the mystery solved) . I'm in my fifty-one and I can still remember my first day at head start, so I know they remember. We need to teach our kids the difference between snitching and helping. They might not talk to the police, but they might talk to the ministers.

I'm sure the parents/guardian are likely felons in some state judging by the description of the child's bruising and nourishment deficiencies. They may have been on the run at that time, but again they were running from some place in the southeast. Since they know have her DNA profile, it needs to be checked against convicted felons in these states and they may get a hit.

I know I might be rambling, but I am horrified at what our children go through (not just American children or just black children or white children or red children or yellow or brown children), but all children in this country and around the world.

I can't understand how a person could abuse a child (a helpless person).

I look at my own nieces ages 4 to 17 and I actually find myself praying for their continued safety. I am not particularly religious, especially in light of this tragedy. Even more so because this is not an isolated case, it happens every minute of everyday somewhere around this world. If there is a God, he's not supposed to let this happen. And when society fails to protect the children, society is doomed.

I will continue to follow this story and hope if not pray that this child in the picture gets helped and the soul of the child they found gets peace. I hate to say this, but I hope they are the same person because it would mean only one child and not two in need and distress and the investigators would at least have solved part of the mystery.

Thank you for this forum
Welcome to Ws Terry D. GArrett, thanks for your wonderful first post!

I now make myself more self-aware about children these days when I'm out. Just yesterday. a 67-yr.old man was arrested for trying to coerce an eight year old for sexual favors in Tuscaloosa. I have seen this guy before and I only wonder how many times he has done this and gotten away with it. many people play politics about these crimes against children liberals blame conservatives and vice versa;they talk about treatment versus jail, etc...I still don't understand. Shouldn't we all be concerned with removing these people from our streets. I have a very close person whose daughter was sexuallt abused by her father and he's still lout on the streets and posting Facebook photos. He was pariahed for a while, but it appears the courts, people, and everyone has simply forgotten what this *advertiser censored* did.

I just don't understand how society can toss it's children away.

As previously noted, the eye damage can be from many things, included inflicted trauma (like the skull shows) causing a detached retina. I think something along those lines is the most likely cause of the eye flash in the photos.

The mother may be the victim of trafficking and/or here illegally. It's not impossible that Jane's mother was the product of such a victim and also might not have been known and therefore not missed.

Last I saw they were again focusing on people in the area, which I thought they had ruled out (or had at least checked into those living in the trailer park around that time), but that doesn't preclude nearby areas or anyone who might have been couch-surfing with someone there, either.

I also wonder how likely it is that more of her washed downstream.

This may be a stretch but I read an artical about the body of a 20 mthn old toddler in Shaw Mississippi that was discovered in her Grandmother's stove. Her name is Royalty Marie Floyd and her grandmother was identified as 48 year old Carolyn Jones. She was caring for the child while the mother lived elsewhere. This woman's age and the nature of the crime reminded me of Opelika Jane Doe. I just wonder if there is any connection and if this woman ever lived in Opelika. I don't know how to upload the file but the article was by Fox News and was published on 10/26/18. The child was discovered by her uncle the night of 10/15/18. All of the child's toys, stroller, high chair had been placed on the curb outside the house. Fellow sleuths, please take a look at the article. Thanks

This may be a stretch but I read an artical about the body of a 20 mthn old toddler in Shaw Mississippi that was discovered in her Grandmother's stove. Her name is Royalty Marie Floyd and her grandmother was identified as 48 year old Carolyn Jones. She was caring for the child while the mother lived elsewhere. This woman's age and the nature of the crime reminded me of Opelika Jane Doe. I just wonder if there is any connection and if this woman ever lived in Opelika. I don't know how to upload the file but the article was by Fox News and was published on 10/26/18. The child was discovered by her uncle the night of 10/15/18. All of the child's toys, stroller, high chair had been placed on the curb outside the house. Fellow sleuths, please take a look at the article. Thanks
Ws thread.
MS - Royalty Marie Floyd, 20 months, stabbed, found burned in oven, Shaw, 15 Oct 2018 *ARREST*
Grandmother charged with murder after toddler found stabbed, burned inside oven
JACKSON, Miss. – A toddler was stabbed and then put in a heated oven, according to a Mississippi sheriff, and the child's grandmother has been charged with murder.

"Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams Sr. said Carolyn Jones, 48, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Royalty Marie Floyd in the town of Shaw, a small town about 100 miles northwest of Jackson".

So sad...there are only dentals, no dna...tests not completed.

So sad...there are only dentals, no dna...tests not completed.

Dentals for a child this age are uncommon. Without DNA, her identification is practically is impossible, unless a missing child has dental records which could be matched. As we all know, teeth can fall out or go missing from deterioration. Someone needs to step up to the plate and bring this girl home. She needs family, not to be unidentified. For now, we are her advocates, and her family.

Working on an updated rendering of Jane Doe.

That doesn’t look much like the known pics of her.
Yes, I know. I just intended to add a more "realistic" tone, I would've done more details if I thought a bit more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back