Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Clyde Daniels Day 2: Sheriff asking for footage from trail cameras in search for child

Though Bledsoe declined to comment on a specific time, he said TBI learned that the boy was seen walking on Garners Creek Road, roughly 100 yards from his home, by a passerby.

"We do have a man who came through the area early yesterday morning that saw the exact description of the child that’s missing," Bledsoe said.

Bledsoe on Thursday also asked for anyone who lives in the area of Garners Creek Road to check their outdoor surveillance systems or game cameras for any possible sightings of Joe.
The sheriff's office capped the number of search volunteers Thursday morning at 100 in order to divide them into teams and provide each with GPS devices to track which areas had been searched.

Though Bledsoe said his department had received that number of volunteers for the morning search already, he may call for a "second wave of volunteers" to come later in the day to give others a break.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...erwhelming-dickson-co-sheriff-says/488581002/

More at the link. Earlier articles stated the family noticed Joe missing at 5:20 am when they got up to get him ready for school so the sighting had to have been prior to that time. Amazing that the passerby didn't stop or at least call it in - Joe's only 5 for cripes sake!

I just feel like the more searchers the better when it's still somewhat early in a search. They shouldn't send people home.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HarrietVWallace

Now I’m confused. Earlier reports stated he HAS wondered off before but was found quickly.

grandmother: 1) afraid of loud noises 2) loves Olof from movie Frozen 3) responds well to his name 4) never wondered off b4 5) left out of back door overnight 5) doesn’t sleep much @FOXNashville

I wonder if it has to do with the type of cameras. Our FD has thermal cameras that can detect through walls etc. But that could be different technology.

No. It has to have a direct view of the heat source. Anything behind walls or a roof would not be detected.

Now I’m confused. Earlier reports stated he HAS wondered off before but was found quickly.

grandmother: 1) afraid of loud noises 2) loves Olof from movie Frozen 3) responds well to his name 4) never wondered off b4 5) left out of back door overnight 5) doesn’t sleep much @FOXNashville

The earliest reports are often wrong, in the scramble to get info out

Joe Clyde Daniels Day 2: Sheriff asking for footage from trail cameras in search for child

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...erwhelming-dickson-co-sheriff-says/488581002/

More at the link. Earlier articles stated the family noticed Joe missing at 5:20 am when they got up to get him ready for school so the sighting had to have been prior to that time. Amazing that the passerby didn't stop or at least call it in - Joe's only 5 for cripes sake!

And was barefoot and in pajamas! Didn't that raise concern?

The earliest reports are often wrong, in the scramble to get info out

But wait a minute ... I could swear that there are reports "out there" from the father stating that he has wandered off before, only this time he did it whilst every was asleep. Vast difference.

ETA: Grandma is now stating that he has previously not run off or wandered -- until now. Whereas, father has stated that it has happened before, but not while family was asleep. I don't have a link folks!

Count me in with you, Mistree. Herein lies the rub. We have conflicting accounts of his behavior as it relates to "wandering," between Grandma's recollection and father's recollection of child's track record.

Count me in with you, Mistree. Herein lies the rub. We have conflicting accounts of his behavior as it relates to "wandering," between Grandma's recollection and father's recollection of child's track record.

Depending on who's talking, they both may be telling what they perceive is the truth. It could be that the parents did not tell Grandma about some of her grandson's adventures so she wouldn't worry. She may be referring to his sleep habits if he stays at her house.

I wonder if they could play some of the Frozen movie music over loud speakers? Or, another favorite song? They could ride around real slowly with the speakers blaring like ice cream trucks do.

Depending on who's talking, they both may be telling what they perceive is the truth. It could be that the parents did not tell Grandma about some of her grandson's adventures so she wouldn't worry. She may be referring to his sleep habits if he stays at her house.

I wonder if they could play some of the Frozen movie music over loud speakers? Or, another favorite song? They could ride around real slowly with the speakers blaring like ice cream trucks do.

I am sorry to say, but I think it is too late. I do not believe the child is still alive.

I wonder if it has to do with the type of cameras. Our FD has thermal cameras that can detect through walls etc. But that could be different technology.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no type of thermal imaging that can see through walls.

I pray wherever this little guy is it's enough to keep him warm enough through the temps. It's so odd that he would get up in the night and run out. I realize he is autistic but stepping out into the cold usually makes anyone retreat back to warmth.

For a lot of autistic children, they don't make the connection of "I feel cold, I should go back inside". My granddaughter has classic regressive autism and is also non-verbal. So much that we take for granted in our thought process doesn't register with her.

But wait a minute ... I could swear that there are reports "out there" from the father stating that he has wandered off before, only this time he did it whilst every was asleep. Vast difference.

ETA: Grandma is now stating that he has previously not run off or wandered -- until now. Whereas, father has stated that it has happened before, but not while family was asleep. I don't have a link folks!

I interpreted what Dad said as he had gotten outside before but didn't go far.

What Grandma says is basically the same thing - hasn't wandered off before. She didn't say he's never gotten outside before.

How awful. I can’t imagine how his family is feeling. I am hoping little Joe Clyde is found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How awful. I can’t imagine how his family is feeling. I am hoping little Joe Clyde is found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I do wonder how they are feeling.

Yeah. I do wonder how they are feeling.

I tend to be cynical when a toddler goes missing in the middle of the night while everybody is sleeping. I hope I’m wrong, but more times than not there’s other scenarios at play.

I tend to be cynical when a toddler goes missing in the middle of the night while everybody is sleeping. I hope I’m wrong, but more times than not there’s other scenarios at play.

I am still waiting for the parents to appear before the cameras. Has that already happened, and I missed it?

I am still waiting for the parents to appear before the cameras. Has that already happened, and I missed it?

I haven’t seen them yet, but I may have missed it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni