CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in the initial thread I posted a video where another photographer noted the staged spectacle involved and said he looked terrified. He also said he was talking to his guardian just before he took the picture. So she was prob the source of his terror and I think it was Jen from memory... o

IMO

He's been applauded for long tearful hugs for a year now. A good hug and a cry and a big smile. Share the love, man! We are all the same! Do they really preech fear of cops with the peace, love & environment that was their usual schtick?

I know Jen's post-script of being afraid of being a man without a free hugs sign works for the Ferguson narrative, but dang, if I don't see an awesome little actor. Sadly, that could even have something to do with RAD if we want to believe he may have been so afflicted. Not that the school principal comment backs up RAD, but inappropriate level of affection toward strangers is also part of it, I guess, but I'm not particularly familiar with it.

I guess I want to go find what I can from that picture at the time. I know there are several other angles and things available and I don't have a good grasp on which Mom it is or all of D's expressions. :waitasec:

another thing, although im sure its been mentioned. maybe Jen made them take off their seat belts.

When I saw it the first time, I thought he looked like an old man.
A little boy with an old man´s face.

My first thought was stunted growth from malnutrition, just like the other malnourished kids we've seen in the news lately. The facial bones look their age but their bodies don't match.

I keep thinking of the child reporting that she would have her face pushed in cold water as punishment. Did this so-called Mom bend the child over the bathtub and spank her while submerging her face???

That is torture.

lol broken record but BM all the way.. she cant keep a relationship, her friendships always end, she doesn't like the kids to go to friends houses or have friends over, neat freak, control freak, etc etc etc... something wrong w her. im friends w my SO's other ex wife and my own ex husband, his other childs mom and his wife. this lady is just... something not right. narcissism or BPD or RAD or something.

ooo-kay I stop now.
What's BM?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not mad you said it. I'm mad I have no choice but believe it's true.

IMO

This is in response to the "Black kids, white mothers" line...I don't know how to double quote.

I'm mad!!!!!!!! It's not true...it's simply not! Maybe it's true only in this case....but please don't lump all of us white moms with black kids together...PLEASE! We have enough prejudice to deal with. All the white moms I know raising black kids LOVE their children. I love my children. I don't feel it's appropriate to give examples here, but I will say, if anyone has ever raised a bipolar/psychotic child, they may know the kind of LOVE it takes to brave everyday so that she can have a healthy future.

Our words matter. The kids at my children's school are talking about this case (we live in California). They hear what's being said, so if you don't like white mothers...fine, but if you like their black children stop this rhetoric, it only hurts them in the end.

These women...were not all white mothers with black kids, they (or at least one) was controlling and ill equipped to raise traumatized kids of any color.

He's been applauded for long tearful hugs for a year now. A good hug and a cry and a big smile. Share the love, man! We are all the same! Do they really preech fear of cops with the peace, love & environment that was their usual schtick?

I know Jen's post-script of being afraid of being a man without a free hugs sign works for the Ferguson narrative, but dang, if I don't see an awesome little actor. Sadly, that could even have something to do with RAD if we want to believe he may have been so afflicted. Not that the school principal comment backs up RAD, but inappropriate level of affection toward strangers is also part of it, I guess, but I'm not particularly familiar with it.

I guess I want to go find what I can from that picture at the time. I know there are several other angles and things available and I don't have a good grasp on which Mom it is or all of D's expressions. :waitasec:
Have you read the interview where the photographer comments on what was going on just before he took the picture of DH hugging the cop? Very insightful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This is in response to the "Black kids, white mothers" line...I don't know how to double quote.

I'm mad!!!!!!!! It's not true...it's simply not! Maybe it's true only in this case....but please don't lump all of us white moms with black kids together...PLEASE! We have enough prejudice to deal with. All the white moms I know raising black kids LOVE their children. I love my children. I don't feel it's appropriate to give examples here, but I will say, if anyone has ever raised a bipolar/psychotic child, they may know the kind of LOVE it takes to brave everyday so that she can have a healthy future.

Our words matter. The kids at my children's school are talking about this case (we live in California). They hear what's being said, so if you don't like white mothers...fine, but if you like their black children stop this rhetoric, it only hurts them in the end.

These women...were not all white mothers with black kids, they (or at least one) was controlling and ill equipped to raise traumatized kids of any color.
I didn't say either, but I took it to mean the police believed the moms over the kids because the moms were white. That to me would tend to most likely be true in many cases, sadly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think you misinterpret what I meant.
I was not talking about white mothers´ love for their black - or whatever color - children in general. Not at all

I was talking about CPS and police not properly looking into matters when there were grounds for serious concerns for the children.

I think it was stated because the white moms were believed over the black kids by ppl in power, not hat all white moms do not love their black kids.

I've been trying to work out what happened in that house on the Friday. Why didn't Devonte manage to get out of the window when CPS were there? Why couldn't he have the other kids distract Jen so that he could at least get attention through a window? Did he tell Jen that CPS were coming? Why would he go on this trip?

I did figure out that Jen would go off the cliff without all the kids in the car. What I can't figure out is how the three missing would not be in the car.

Imagine the Friday and then the weekend for Devonte. He's forged a relationship with the Dekalbs. He's reached a turning point and he's ready to tell the truth about the abuse. He's ready to ask for help to the point of having CPS come out. He might be talking to Hannah and saying that if they both tell the truth then they have more chance of being believed. These two are definitely tied together by them both going to neighbors in the past year. Obviously poor Hannah had to be marched around the next day with all the other kids and say she'd lied, which might make it hard for her to tell the truth now even if Devonte is reassuring her that this time he's got her back and they're going to stand together and fight for them, the kids.

Hypothetically..if Jen feels that the family is cracked irreversibly (like an egg) and she can't put it back together, then I believe she'll go over the edge with the ones who are in the car. It's, I believe at least in part, an act of preservation of the family unit and the only way she can now see to ensure that this family stays together, forever. If Devonte has called CPS and she knows, if he and one or both of the missing girls have run away, they are no longer part of the Tribe, and she will (I believe) go over the cliff without them.

Speculating on how the "free hugs" sign came about:

I have a feeling that the "free hugs" sign originated in Devonte's habit of being inappropriately affectionate. I wonder if they maybe started doing it as a way of alerting people that their kid was prone to "giving hugs" to people they encountered out in public.

It might have been a way they were trying to channel his tendency into something a bit more controlled. They might have thought that it was cute or endearing for people to see a little kid with this sign around his neck when he came running over to strangers, rather than having to explain why he was doing it (due to history of abuse). They also might have tried to use it to help him learn to manage the behavior - turning it into a positive thing - telling him you can give "free hugs" - rather than just having him run up to anyone he encountered and grabbing on to them.

As he got older, the use of the "free hugs" sign morphed into something where he may have felt pressured to act in ways that maybe he was beginning to grow out of. The parents then also managed to find a way to channel this "free hugs" thing into their political activism and their need to maintain a certain persona on social media. So it took on a life of its own, and maybe Devonte was struggling with that, which would be normal for a teenager to start doing.

Since we don't know if they ever got any therapy for these kids, its hard to know if they were ever given any guidance about how to manage inappropriate affection due to attachment problems. I can almost imagine caregivers, who have no guidance from therapists, trying to deal with this type of behavior and doing something like a "free hugs" sign on the child's neck in public.

just some speculation....

I think you misinterpret what I meant.
I was not talking about white mothers´ love for their black - or whatever color - children in general. Not at all

I was talking about CPS and police not properly looking into matters when there were grounds for serious concerns for the children.

Ah...sorry, I did misinterpret it. I'll go back and delete my post.

ETA...I guess I can't delete it. I reacted because my eldest daughter said the kids at school were talking about the case and there was some discussion about white parents not being allowed to adopt black kids...it upset her, but she's a strong kiddo. This was my knee jerk reaction...apologies.

I've been trying to work out what happened in that house on the Friday. Why didn't Devonte manage to get out of the window when CPS were there? Why couldn't he have the other kids distract Jen so that he could at least get attention through a window? Did he tell Jen that CPS were coming? Why would he go on this trip?

I did figure out that Jen would go off the cliff without all the kids in the car. What I can't figure out is how the three missing would not be in the car.

Imagine the Friday and then the weekend for Devonte. He's forged a relationship with the Dekalbs. He's reached a turning point and he's ready to tell the truth about the abuse. He's ready to ask for help to the point of having CPS come out. He might be talking to Hannah and saying that if they both tell the truth then they have more chance of being believed. These two are definitely tied together by them both going to neighbors in the past year. Obviously poor Hannah had to be marched around the next day with all the other kids and say she'd lied, which might make it hard for her to tell the truth now even if Devonte is reassuring her that this time he's got her back and they're going to stand together and fight for them, the kids.

Hypothetically..if Jen feels that the family is cracked irreversibly (like an egg) and she can't put it back together, then I believe she'll go over the edge with the ones who are in the car. It's, I believe at least in part, an act of preservation of the family unit and the only way she can now see to ensure that this family stays together, forever. If Devonte has called CPS and she knows, if he and one or both of the missing girls have run away, they are no longer part of the Tribe, and she will (I believe) go over the cliff without them.
While I get your point and don't disagree on the whole, the part I bolded makes it sound like Devonte was responsible for not taking action. There's no way any of those kids, or the neighbors, could know these two nutcase women would unravel and kill them all. This is all on those two women, and the children and neighbors are victims of the insanity and evilness.

Ah...sorry, I did misinterpret it. I'll go back and delete my post.

ETA...I guess I can't delete it. I reacted because my eldest daughter said the kids at school were talking about the case and there was some discussion about white parents not being allowed to adopt black kids...it upset her, but she's a strong kiddo. This was my knee jerk reaction...apologies.

There is a strong movement in that direction now so it may be something to look into as your kids will be facing it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie