CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link you posted just came up as a search when I clicked. But Nwadike/FreeHugsProject has a video posted on March 30th: "Wishing I could have helped Devonte Hart and his siblings."
https://www.facebook.com/FreeHugsProject/

I read some of the comments. Nwadike wanted to meet with Devonte but he says that his travel schedule interfered with Devonte’s school schedule.

Ok. No way to adjust the homeschool schedule. Um hm.I believe that.

I wonder what the real reason was?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Hugs_Campaign

“The Free Hugs campaign in its present form was started by Juan Mann on June 30, 2004, when he began giving out hugs in the Pitt Street Mall in central Sydney. In the months prior to this, Mann had been feeling depressed and lonely as a result of numerous personal difficulties. However, a random hug from a stranger made an enormous difference, with Mann stating that "...I went out to a party one night and a completely random person came up to me and gave me a hug. I felt like a king! It was greatest thing that ever happened."”

IMHO it isn’t an appropriate thing for children and I would not at all be comfortable with my children doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to quote myself, but that's interesting. Her FB post, from the mirror article, celebrating the 9th anniversary is dated Mar16 saying they had celebrated a couple of days ago. Do they celebrate all the made up dates? CBS reports the adoption finalized in February, not March. Is CBS wrong or was Jen needing some good internet juju fuel that day and makes it all up as she goes along?

Pathological liar.

Ugh don't even get me started on this... suffice it to say my poor niece certainly remember when her irate auntie threw the biggest, loudest fit, at our local newspaper office, about media responsibility, random adults with cameras photographing children at play, custody issues, domestic violence, etc and on and on.

That was over 20 years ago, but, yeah, they should but don't always.

It may be different now, idk. Schools have to get permission, but maybe the media can photograph whatever if it's in public? Eta that doesn't explain the name thing but in my above story, they just asked the kids their names and they were in their own front yard but mom was inside and they didn't seek her out for permission.

We had a blanket permission for parents to sign ar school, but if media wanted a picture, I called the parents to make sure it was OK.

I think years ago people were far more lax. I wonder what the policies are today? I assume in order for the paper to know his full name, someone was asked for the name and proper spelling.

I have seen a SS of one of the male kids, either Devonte or Jeremiah sitting down, smiling at the camera, with an open laptop. Of course, what was displayed on the screen appeared to be a picture of one of them posing, perhaps the very boy looking at it. So, to me, that implies they may have gotten limited access to computers, or... it was just yet another contrived photo op, who knows.

As far as Devonte is concerned, I remember one of the family's supporters mentioning he had a birthday commitment to give out free hugs. Whatever that means. Don't take this as confirmed fact, but it's an interesting comment, in my opinion. What did they mean by it being a 'commitment', why was it a birthday thing? Was it just more spin from Jen? Or is there some truth in the idea the parents were maybe trying to limit and give structure to an inappropriate compulsion the boy had?

While I find the viral photo disturbing in hindsight, it doesn't match how strange I think the video version of this was. Where Devonte goes up to Xavier Rudd and hugs him, crying or at least with a very emotional expression. It just is such a tight hug and goes on for so long. I mean uncomfortably long. It's far far worse than that snapshot, in my opinion. I do think it's possible that Devonte may have had RAD or some other condition or not gotten enough affection from the two mothers. MOO.

Timestamp is around 8:30. The hug itself goes on for roughly one minute and 15 seconds. That, to me is pretty disturbing. Now, I get that the people at the festival thought it was wonderful, it was during a song and Xavier Rudd himself was moved to tears when it happened, but the length of the hug and the fact that Devonte once again appears to be crying and emotionally overwhelmed, does concern me greatly.

https://newsone.com/3786740/devonte-hart-video-surfaces-beloved-festival/

http://people.com/crime/california-cliff-car-crash-sheriff-says-crime/

Allman also confirmed who was driving the Hart’s SUV when it plunged 100 feet off a cliff, landing upside down on the jagged rocks below the Pacific Coast Highway: Jennifer, who can be seen in surveillance footage from the morning before the crash purchasing bananas for her kids.

Allman told Banfield investigators still have a number of questions about the crash, including whether everyone inside was alive when the vehicle hit the precipice.

The Los Angeles school district in CA supplied some of the elementary school kids with Apple iPads because many assignments and programs are used for learning. When my boys went to college many of the required books and assignments were all done online. More info online than in Libraries. Downloading available school books were much cheaper than bookstore. Grades were given online. Classes were applied for online, Applying for financial aid is online. Parents who are not allowing there children to learn computers is ridiculous everything is practically done online these days. Applying for jobs, using PC in the workplace, banking, library access, taxes.

Children need computer skills!

If you search Jen Hart public posts on FB there is a professional photographer with several black and white collages of photos and in at least one pic Devonte is sitting at a laptop.

I hope he was able to learn how to use a laptop. I guess now it doesn’t really matter. [emoji45]

Reminder:

Do not copy and paste comments from social media.

Reddit is generally not allowed to be linked in most cases. Please check with Tricia or Admin before linking to anything on reddit to get permission to post the link.

Search continues in N. California for missing kids
https://kobi5.com/news/search-continues-in-n-california-for-missing-kids-75099/

MENDOCINO COUNTY, Calif. (KPIX/CNN) – The search continues for Hannah, Devonte and Sierra Hart

[...]

Police think one of the women deliberately drove them off a cliff.

71 searchers from eight agencies fanned out along 6 miles of the Mendocino Coastline looking for any sign of the three children still missing after last week’s fatal car plunge.

The idea was to use Friday’s low tides to give rope teams access to rocky areas that were previously unsafe because of high surf.

In the meantime, the California Highway Patrol is conducting something of a parallel investigation in the hopes that those three missing children were not in the car.

Those investigators are retracing the Harts’ last steps and that has produced this photograph of Jennifer Hart buying some groceries at the Safeway in Fort Bragg the day before the family’s car was discovered at the bottom of the cliff.

But as for where the family went and what they were doing between that grocery stop and the crash, investigators simply do not know.

The Los Angeles school district in CA supplied some of the elementary school kids with Apple iPads because many assignments and programs are used for learning. When my boys went to college many of the required books and assignments were all done online. More info online than in Libraries. Downloading available school books were much cheaper than bookstore. Grades were given online. Classes were applied for online, Applying for financial aid is online. Parents who are not allowing there children to learn computers is ridiculous everything is practically done online these days. Applying for jobs, using PC in the workplace, banking, library access, taxes.

They learn them in lightning fast speed.

And what about the free hugs project by ken nwadike?

IMO

The Free Hugs Campaign is a social movement involving individuals who offer hugs to strangers in public places.[1] The hugs are meant to be random acts of kindness—selfless acts performed just to make others feel better. International Free Hugs Month is celebrated on the first Saturday of July and continues until August first.

The Free Hugs campaign in its present form was started by Juan Mann on June 30, 2004, when he began giving out hugs in the Pitt Street Mall in central Sydney.

On October 30, 2006, Mann was invited by Oprah Winfrey to appear on her show Oprah after her producer's doctor saw the Free Hugs video on YouTube.

---
Adding more info on the free hugs campaign.

I'm thinking this well established movement was a standard at peace and love rallies and various protests... Like all the signs and banners, they seem a continuation of the flower power & Earth Day movements. And free hugs fits right in... Imo.

It's interesting to read all the takes on Devonte's viral hug photo. I thought he was a lost kid being comforted by an officer...

Do we know they didn't allow computers and video games?

Jen made posts that they weren’t allowed so maybe that was a lie. Who knows what to believe. I think she was a habitual liar said whatever made her appear to be a fantastic person whenever convenient.

The Free Hugs Campaign is a social movement involving individuals who offer hugs to strangers in public places.[1] The hugs are meant to be random acts of kindness—selfless acts performed just to make others feel better. International Free Hugs Month is celebrated on the first Saturday of July and continues until August first.

The Free Hugs campaign in its present form was started by Juan Mann on June 30, 2004, when he began giving out hugs in the Pitt Street Mall in central Sydney.

On October 30, 2006, Mann was invited by Oprah Winfrey to appear on her show Oprah after her producer's doctor saw the Free Hugs video on YouTube.

---
Adding more info on the free hugs campaign.

I'm thinking this well established movement was a standard at peace and love rallies and various protests... Like all the signs and banners, they seem a continuation of the flower power & Earth Day movements. And free hugs fits right in... Imo.

It's interesting to read all the takes on Devonte's viral hug photo. I thought he was a lost kid being comforted by an officer...

That's cool but Devonte discovered Ken's hug movement and became inspired by him. Jen kept him away from Ken because she was probably intimidated and scared he piece stuff together

IMO

Jen made posts that they weren’t allowed so maybe that was a lie. Who knows what to believe. I think she was a habitual liar said whatever made her appear to be a fantastic person whenever convenient.
In parenting circles there are currently those who believe children (particularly very young ones) should have no access to any screens at all... even conspiracy theories on Thomas the Tank and Sesame Street being subversive propaganda [emoji849] and at the other end of the spectrum those parents who believe fully in completely unfettered access for children to electronics. IMO she was playing to her perceived audience.

Again, though, we do not have any confirmation that these specific children were not allowed! And "electronics free" families can and do make allowances for education they just don't allow their kids to play on them all day and night.

That's cool but Devonte discovered Ken's hug movement and became inspired by him. Jen kept him away from Ken because she was probably intimidated and scared he piece stuff together

IMO

Maybe I missed it, is there a link that talks about how Devonte became inspired by Ken, and how Jen kept him apart, or Devonte away? And what was Jen scared of, piece what together?

We had a blanket permission for parents to sign ar school, but if media wanted a picture, I called the parents to make sure it was OK.

I think years ago people were far more lax. I wonder what the policies are today? I assume in order for the paper to know his full name, someone was asked for the name and proper spelling.

Media must have a signed release form (signed by you) if they intend to publish a photo (or video) with recognizable you in it.

(ETA: at least this was true a couple decades ago when I signed such. I have been under the impression things haven't changed in that regard.)

(ETA#2, for clarity..."publish" meaning, the photographer is getting paid professionally for that photo/video.)

IMO
Where is this alleged connection between Devomte and Ken come from, reminder link?

Media must have a signed release form (signed by you) if they intend to publish a photo with recognizable you in it.

(ETA: at least this was true a couple decades ago when I signed such. I have been under the impression things haven't changed in that regard.))
Well, maybe.... I was at a conference earlier this week where a newspaper photographer was present, as well as one from the sponsor. At the beginning of the day, they announced that if you didn't want your photo taken you had to go tell the photographer yourself, which I did. Otherwise, you were considered fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni