Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something. How and why are you criticizing the witness? I knowI have questions but would love to know your thoughts.

I’m guessing because the witness did not report a small child wondering the roadway in the early morning hours, and in my opinion it is very odd that he didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypothetically speaking, IF he made it to the truck stop , I wonder if he could have climbed in a big rig somehow, someway?

I also hope they have been checking the trunks of cars

I’m guessing because the witness did not report a small child wondering the roadway in the early morning hours, and in my opinion it is very odd that he didn’t.

Again I must have missed something. (been dealing with taxes all day) the witness was a he?
I've too thought why wouldn't anybody seeing a young child in the dark walking alone not call the police at least?
So, I've considered it might be a teenager or a male. Sometimes these guys see things and don't process how odd it seems until after the fact. Just saying. I married a man when he was a 28 year old boy. I know what I'm talking about. :scared:

I think if my child were missing I would shout at the rooftops! I think I would use all social media I could think of, all television, anything and everything I could think of! My children are irreplaceable and I would ask for help in finding them in any way I could dream up!
But, if LE told me not to search where the dogs were going because I might throw off the scent I would go with that because it would be sensible in trying to locate my child. I personally wouldn't care less about how my persona was identified one way or another.
I know that's not what you were meaning but I just wanted to throw it in there anyway.

It may not be helpful at all to have the parents make a statement.

The child is missing, every law enforcement agency around knows about it, all the media outlets around know about it, there are plenty of local volunteers searching everywhere.

We all know LE will be investigating the family because that's what they do. Put them on TV and what's going to happen? They'll suddenly have a bunch of unfounded tips and accusations to sort through on top of possible helpful hints.

If it seemed likely he'd been abducted, it might make sense to appeal to the kidnapper and make it personal. But the evidence they have so far makes it seem that the child did wander off, and statistically he's more likely to be lost outside somewhere rather than picked up by someone.

Basically all having the parents on TV at this point would be good for is having people witness their intense misery during this horrible situation.

My gut instinct tells me they're being honest and aren't hiding anything. I personally would have called 911 far sooner but that's likely because I am a true crime fanatic and can instantly have 100 scenarios in my mind. They know their son, they know he wanders, they've taken precautions to keep him inside but he is a clever little guy and outsmarted them. They really probably believed he would be found close by and held off calling 911 because they didn't think they needed the help.

They underestimated how far he had gone, and it seems LE did the same thing if there are footprints found 3-4 miles away at this point. I think they were probably in denial that the situation could be so serious.

We aren't seeing red flags such as "My two year old just woke me up and said the baby isn't in her crib" or "she went missing 30 days ago, she's with her nanny and I was trying to find them by myself" or "we're camping in BFE and left our quick, active two year old with his elderly great grandfather (who is dependent on oxygen), near a steep drop off into a creek and Great Grandpa looked away for 2 seconds and the boy is gone! And even though we're miles away from help we searched by ourselves and then wasted time arguing about whether or not to call 911!"

Oops sorry. Got on a bit of a tangent there.

Depending on what time the witness saw Joe Clyde he could of just thought the child was walking to a bus stop- I read a post earlier in the thread buses come around 6:30 to pick up kids in that area.w

It may not be helpful at all to have the parents make a statement.

The child is missing, every law enforcement agency around knows about it, all the media outlets around know about it, there are plenty of local volunteers searching everywhere.

We all know LE will be investigating the family because that's what they do. Put them on TV and what's going to happen? They'll suddenly have a bunch of unfounded tips and accusations to sort through on top of possible helpful hints.

If it seemed likely he'd been abducted, it might make sense to appeal to the kidnapper and make it personal. But the evidence they have so far makes it seem that the child did wander off, and statistically he's more likely to be lost outside somewhere rather than picked up by someone.

Basically all having the parents on TV at this point would be good for is having people witness their intense misery during this horrible situation.

My gut instinct tells me they're being honest and aren't hiding anything. I personally would have called 911 far sooner but that's likely because I am a true crime fanatic and can instantly have 100 scenarios in my mind. They know their son, they know he wanders, they've taken precautions to keep him inside but he is a clever little guy and outsmarted them. They really probably believed he would be found close by and held off calling 911 because they didn't think they needed the help.

They underestimated how far he had gone, and it seems LE did the same thing if there are footprints found 3-4 miles away at this point. I think they were probably in denial that the situation could be so serious.

We aren't seeing red flags such as "My two year old just woke me up and said the baby isn't in her crib" or "she went missing 30 days ago, she's with her nanny and I was trying to find them by myself" or "we're camping in BFE and left our quick, active two year old with his elderly great grandfather (who is dependent on oxygen), near a steep drop off into a creek and Great Grandpa looked away for 2 seconds and the boy is gone! And even though we're miles away from help we searched by ourselves and then wasted time arguing about whether or not to call 911!"

Oops sorry. Got on a bit of a tangent there.

I hear ya! But those cases are well......questionable at the very least.
I'm not questioning the parents at all at this point. (Joe's)
But I just know myself. Everybody get out of my way! I'm finding my kid! And you're all going to hear about it everywhere like it or not! But that's just me!
I've literally had a situation where the law stood in my way for my family. I didn't care. I did what I felt was right to protect my own. It worked. Now let's find this precious child!

Whoa! I just saw this article on the timeline of Joe's disappearance. If the contents are accurate then the witness saw Joe around 1am! How did I miss this?

April 3:
Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels was last seen by his parents.

April 4:
Around 1 a.m. a witness driving down the road sees a boy matching the description of Joe Clyde on the side of the road. He didn't call police because he thinks the boy looks older and is standing near homes, so the man assumes the boy is not lose (sic) should be "lost."

The five-year-old boy's parents discover he is missing around 5:30 a.m. They search their home and property.

Parents call 911 to report son missing around 6:30 a.m. Deputies respond about 11 minutes later.

A footprint is found during search for Joe Clyde. K-9s also tracked the boy's scent to a pond. The pond was drained, but nothing was found. Water crafts and sonar robots are being used to help look for him.

April 5:
Search expands to one mile radius. Hundreds of volunteers show up to help look for the boy.

Late Thursday night into Friday morning K-9s hit on his scent before it goes cold.

April 6:
More footprints found.

Sheriff says in news conference he believes Joe Clyde is still alive, adding K-9s have hit on more scents overnight.

Search expands to three mile radius.

Joe Clyde's father speaks to News 2 via phone. He said he's afraid his son is lonely, tired, scared and confused.

Family said they are praying for the best but are "really scared."
http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/timeline-in-search-for-joe-clyde-daniels/1105464609

OMG, even if Joe only walked at a rate of 1/2 mile per hour he could have been 3 miles from home when his parents first discovered him missing!

1am?
How much older could Joe have looked?
Even if he looked older... wouldn't you stop and ask if everything was okay?
Wow. Just wow.

Whoa! I just saw this article on the timeline of Joe's disappearance. If the contents are accurate then the witness saw Joe around 1am! How did I miss this?

April 3:

April 4:
Around 1 a.m. a witness driving down the road sees a boy matching the description of Joe Clyde on the side of the road. He didn't call police because he thinks the boy looks older and is standing near homes, so the man assumes the boy is not lose (sic) should be "lost."

The five-year-old boy's parents discover he is missing around 5:30 a.m. They search their home and property.

Parents call 911 to report son missing around 6:30 a.m. Deputies respond about 11 minutes later.

A footprint is found during search for Joe Clyde. K-9s also tracked the boy's scent to a pond. The pond was drained, but nothing was found. Water crafts and sonar robots are being used to help look for him.

April 5:
Search expands to one mile radius. Hundreds of volunteers show up to help look for the boy.

Late Thursday night into Friday morning K-9s hit on his scent before it goes cold.

April 6:
More footprints found.

Sheriff says in news conference he believes Joe Clyde is still alive, adding K-9s have hit on more scents overnight.

Joe Clyde's father speaks to News 2 via phone. He said he's afraid his son is lonely, tired, scared and confused.

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/timeline-in-search-for-joe-clyde-daniels/1105464609

OMG, even if Joe only walked at a rate of 1/2 mile per hour he could have been 3 miles from home when his parents first discovered him missing!

Do you have a link to where you saw this time-line?

April 3:

April 4:

April 5:

April 6:
More footprints found.

uh oh.Please provide a link. I'm not liking this at all. I didn't want to state my concerns but now I think they are more than likely.

1am?
How much older could Joe have looked?
Even if he looked older... wouldn't you stop and ask if everything was okay?
Wow. Just wow.

Not picking on your sensible post, but seriously, how much older could he have looked? I do not believe at this point that Joe was seen by this witness.

I think I felt weird about the witness sighting in the first place. Pretty sure I made at least one comment.
Plus I spoke about if my child were missing!I would shout it out from the rooftops! You couldn't hold me back! That's my precious child!
I'm pretty uncomfortable now.

uh oh.Please provide a link. I'm not liking this at all. I didn't want to state my concerns but now I think they are more than likely.
Lol, I think you might have just overlooked it, but the link is in the post you quoted. And I can't copy and paste from my phone.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

This is going to come down to the parents and I do not think this child has been alive since his missing was called in.

We're pretty nice people here. We care.
Others ask why I do this.
I ask why they don't!

From MsMarple's link:

[FONT=&amp]April 6: [/FONT]

• More footprints found.
  • Sheriff says in news conference he believes Joe Clyde is still alive, adding K-9s have hit on more scents overnight.

bbm

Gosh how does one survive in those temperatures in their pajamas?

Gosh how does one survive in those temperatures in their pajamas?

And without food & water for 4 days.

Sadly, I don't think this little guy is still alive but I do hope they find him quickly.

I must have missed something. How and why are you criticizing the witness? I knowI have questions but would love to know your thoughts.

How do you see a 5 year old boy out side, in the dark, in the cold, with just pajamas on, and no shoes walking on the side of the road and just drive away? Im not saying they had to chase him down but a phone call to 911 and staying around the area is the LEAST you could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member