Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, it's so sad to wake up to news like this... again. Is it any wonder that we tend to be cynical and suspicious?

I'm still catching up so I may have missed it but AFAIK right now there's been no explanation of the witness' sighting? That's what threw me for a loop - it really looked like Joe just wandered off. If the dad won't say where Joe's body is then IMO it's gonna be bad when he's found. :(

:grouphug:

http://www.wkrn.com/news/search-continues-in-dickson-county-for-missing-5-year-old/1105826817[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reported Joseph Ray Daniels, 28, intentionally killed Joe Clyde Daniels sometime before Wednesday morning and hid his body.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
His parents told investigators they discovered he was missing when they went to wake him up for school around 5:20 a.m. After searching their home and property for nearly an hour, they called 911 just before 6:30 a.m. to report the boy missing.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Authorities did not initially suspect foul play and sightings deemed credible by the TBI of the boy were reported.

[/FONT]
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FA9DA35D-25C2-4390-BF69-202CDF245BC3.jpeg
    FA9DA35D-25C2-4390-BF69-202CDF245BC3.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 547
  • 08C5563C-D367-4558-9E48-0D5809137E70.jpeg
    08C5563C-D367-4558-9E48-0D5809137E70.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 547
I'm all of a sudden hoping that IF it was him seen outside at 1am by a driver that it wasn't the baby trying to escape what was happening. Could he be another chained/ confined kid?

I have a feeling that the brothers were giving info that wasn't jiving with the parent story. Because kids aren't liars when they don't even know why they should lie. I think this charge is absolutely correct. And I'm scared to find out how long abuse has been going on and what has happened to the others.......

I don't know how to protect our young better. But it is rampant. And I want to save them all. Rest easy, baby boy.

Ugh. Side note.... now the fact that he had him in Skelton pajamas creeps me out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm all of a sudden hoping that IF it was him seen outside at 1am by a driver that it wasn't the baby trying to escape what was happening. Could he be another chained/ confined kid?

I have a feeling that the brothers were giving info that wasn't jiving with the parent story. Because kids aren't liars when they don't even know why they should lie. I think this charge is absolutely correct. And I'm scared to find out how long abuse has been going on and what has happened to the others.......

I don't know how to protect our young better. But it is rampant. And I want to save them all. Rest easy, baby boy.

Ugh. Side note.... now the fact that he had him in Skelton pajamas creeps me out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BBM Where are you getting there has been abuse going? There have been no reports of abuse, nothing indicates this was an abusive home. And why do skeleton pj's creep you out? Sounds like typical child's pj's, just curious.

Ugh. Sherin Mathews all over again. :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

:tantrum: So freaking tired of this happening!!! :tantrum:

This is why sometimes we some of us are on our guard and even prematurely anti-parent when it comes to the missing, and guessing what took place. There are so many of these. I am glad for the WS policy against posting these sentiments though. There is a proper time to proportion the blame.

Interesting comment by a MW on the first public post on the father 's FB page. Includes a screenshot.

Interesting comment by a MW on the first public post on the father 's FB page. Includes a screenshot.
Just coming to post the same thing. At the very least, maybe there will be a swift recovery of little Joe.

Wasn’t sure if this had been posted or not, the initial 911 call by the father.

http://www.wkrn.com/news/listen-fathers-911-call-to-report-joe-clyde-daniels-missing/1106025038

Thank you for the link! Wow, he said his son "escaped" - talk about leakage. Other than that though it's surprising he didn't do what so many parents do - start the call off with some sort of alibi, like the common "I was sleeping/napping" reason.

Cool as a cucumber this man was. MOO.

I would wager good money that the defense will try to spin this as a "mercy killing" by a parent or multiple parties who didn't want their child to suffer through life with a disability. Makes me sick, but I can almost guarantee that's what they'll do.

TBI's at the house now, searching. Does anyone think Joe's body may be hidden somewhere in/under the house? It seems like dogs would have alerted but you never know.

@FOXNashville
Follow Follow @FOXNashville
HAPPENING NOW: TBI searching home of Joseph Ray Daniels who is now charged with homicide in disappearance of his 5-year-old autistic son Joe Clyde Daniels in Dickson: http://fox17.com/news/local/joe-cly...-killing-autistic-boy-search-for-body-ongoing …. More on FOX 17 News @ 9pm.

http://fox17.com/news/local/joe-cly...-killing-autistic-boy-search-for-body-ongoing

I said in the beginning the witness sighting of Joe was an odd story. Was that made up?
Anytime we hear of a door ajar, unlocked it becomes suspicious of a lie told.

Thank you for the link! Wow, he said his son "escaped" - talk about leakage. Other than that though it's surprising he didn't do what so many parents do - start the call off with some sort of alibi, like the common "I was sleeping/napping" reason.

Cool as a cucumber this man was. MOO.

Yes he did. He woke up from sleep to find his son missing.

TBI's at the house now, searching. Does anyone think Joe's body may be hidden somewhere in/under the house? It seems like dogs would have alerted but you never know.

@FOXNashville

Follow Follow @FOXNashville
HAPPENING NOW: TBI searching home of Joseph Ray Daniels who is now charged with homicide in disappearance of his 5-year-old autistic son Joe Clyde Daniels in Dickson: http://fox17.com/news/local/joe-cly...-killing-autistic-boy-search-for-body-ongoing …. More on FOX 17 News @ 9pm.

http://fox17.com/news/local/joe-cly...-killing-autistic-boy-search-for-body-ongoing

I believe they were using search dogs, and not cadaver dogs. There is a difference. Cadaver dogs are specifically trained to detect decomposition, which starts to occur fairly quickly after death.

My husband thinks the father has not revealed Joe Clyde’s location in order to get a plea deal.

I would wager good money that the defense will try to spin this as a "mercy killing" by a parent or multiple parties who didn't want their child to suffer through life with a disability. Makes me sick, but I can almost guarantee that's what they'll do.

You can rest easy, the mercy killing defense is rarely used due to courts putting more and more limitations on its use and the rarity which was cases are won with it. Dad will get a plea deal, this won't even go to trial.

I said in the beginning the witness sighting of Joe was an odd story. Was that made up?
Anytime we hear of a door ajar, unlocked it becomes suspicious of a lie told.
Could it have been Joe‘s older brother the witness saw outside at 1:00 am? Maybe the father made the other kids wait outside while he was busy with whatever he did to Joe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend