Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any mention of the dogs picking up his scent several miles away? How could this happen if the child wasn't really out there? Could LE have been planting a red herring so as to catch Dad?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

It's bugging me that dad "confessed" but hasn't revealed a body location. It doesn't make sense. I can't think of a case where someone confessed to a murder but refused to reveal the location of the body, it does them no good to hide the body if they confessed, ultimately it only makes things worse in the long run. Something is going on here and I don't like it.

Oh but it does happen. Here in NH there was a father who confessed to killing his two kids and taunted the mother by committing suicide after confessing he killed them.

Plenty of cases of kids being killed by their parents are just evil selfish parents, for whatever reason. And maybe that’s the case here? but the element of ASD makes me wonder if that’s why it happened? It’s really hard to look after a child with non-verbal ASD. Well, all ASD, but non-verbal adds another element. But it’s absolutely*no* excuse and I hope he doesn’t try and claim it as one.

The thing I always kept in mind with my son through the meltdowns and challenging behaviours was ‘the harder they are to love, the harder you have to love them’. You have to be their voice and their advocate. You have to fight for them. You go to therapy and learn how to give them a voice - most non-verbal kids *can* learn to become verbal given time and therapy (the case with my son) and those that can’t can often still learn to read and write - speech is a different part of the brain to written communication- or use other programs (electronic or otherwise) such as PECS (picture exchange) that give them a way to communicate. Not talking doesn’t mean non-verbal kids don’t have the same thoughts, feelings, and understandings as others do. I think it can be easy to dismiss an ASD kid as unintelligent when it’s just that their intelligence is different to what we expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intelligence. That is something I fear is lacking with the father. I wouldn't be so sure there aren't other issues at play here, that are beyond just "Some people are evil". IMO, I'm erring on it being likely he did murder Joe, but still, he doesn't seem to bright or normal himself.

As an aside, the mob mentality of vitriolic guilty until proven innocent is pretty amazing on SM, it's scary to imagine if someone would be innocent. All the emotional venom doesn't help the victim, it's so strange and illogical.

Intelligence. That is something I fear is lacking with the father. I wouldn't be so sure there aren't other issues at play here, that are beyond just "Some people are evil". IMO, I'm erring on it being likely he did murder Joe, but still, he doesn't seem to bright or normal himself.

As an aside, the mob mentality of vitriolic guilty until proven innocent is pretty amazing on SM, it's scary to imagine if someone would be innocent. All the emotional venom doesn't help the victim, it's so strange and illogical.

I didn’t mean my post to be as simplistic as ‘obviously the dad is evil, case closed’. I meant it more like sometimes parents kill their kids for no reason other than evil (eg coldly, to get back at their spouse). Sometimes they think they’re doing the right thing (psychotic break, or because they think their child is better off dead for some reason, mental illness, etc) even though of course they are not, but the motivation is different. Only time will tell, I’m not out for blood, (that’s not my thing) sorry if my post came off that way. I do think not telling where the body is, is a bit questionable.

If it was a heat of the moment, went-too-far thing I don’t think you’d be willing to confess but unwilling to point to the body?

There are lots of times where the prosecutor will allow the victims family the choice of taking the death penalty off in exchange for information as to where their family member is buried. I’m not sure that this family will be given that choice or not. I don’t even know for sure if it is always offered as a choice

And people thought I was nuts for literally trusting no one at all with my kids alone until they could communicate with me what was happening when I wasn't there. I didn't even trust my husband (who is their father) or any family until I saw they could handle all situations/meltdowns calmly. You just never know especially when your babies have a disability of some sort.

Going by your line of thinking, you shouldn’t have been left alone with your own baby either. I feel I needed to respond to this of behalf of the millions of fantastic fathers out there.

I know in Virginia CPS case records are purged after 3 years if they are unfounded or the parents are compliant with a safety plan and there are no further calls or cases for the same family. Tennessee may have the same policy.

*source - friend who is a CPS caseworker

Yeah, I found the wording interesting - that DCS hasn't interacted with the family in the last three years. That's different from them having no record of the family. I suspect there has been involvement in the past.

And I think this arrest isn't the end and we're about to see the other shoe drop.

And finally, IMO dad isn't revealing where Joe's body is because he's hoping it either won't be found or else that when it is there will be too much decomp to determine a COD. I think it's gonna be bad when little Joe's body is found. I hope he's terrified right now. :mad:

All MOO.

I didn’t mean my post to be as simplistic as ‘obviously the dad is evil, case closed’. I meant it more like sometimes parents kill their kids for no reason other than evil (eg coldly, to get back at their spouse). Sometimes they think they’re doing the right thing (psychotic break, or because they think their child is better off dead for some reason, mental illness, etc) even though of course they are not, but the motivation is different. Only time will tell, I’m not out for blood, (that’s not my thing) sorry if my post came off that way. I do think not telling where the body is, is a bit questionable.

If it was a heat of the moment, went-too-far thing I don’t think you’d be willing to confess but unwilling to point to the body?

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be directed at you, just in general (like the simpletons on social media/etc). The "he/she is just evil" can totally apply to a hell of a lot of cases, I just wonder about this guy and this situation. If he isn't 100% himself, his lack of ability and an out of control situation... or even if he's "confessed" vs confessed. Not that the masses on SM care for the minutiae, because they get to comment and feel better, but the whole situation doesn't add up logically. It will be interesting to see how it resolves and what evidence is at play.

In this area, muliple vigils is totally normal. Every church and citizen wants to honor a child/person lost to sencesless violence.

That's exactly what seems to be going on: Vigil at two churches, a community center and a park. I'm glad that the community is honoring Joe even though all the searches were in vain. It wouldn't be surprising if the search volunteers are angry at the wasted resources and their efforts but it's a sign of a good community that they can see past it.

At 5 p.m. on Sunday, a vigil is being hosted by Compassion Church, 3525 Hwy. 70 W., in Dickson.

A prayer service will be held at Friendship Baptist Church, 4295 Hwy 70 W., in Dickson, at 5:30 p.m.

A candlelight vigil will be held at the Cumberland Furnace Community Center, 1043 Earl Leech Rd., at 6 p.m.

At 8 p.m., another vigil will be held at McEwen City Park in Humphreys County.

A vigil was also held on Saturday night at Buckner Park in Dickson.

http://fox17.com/news/local/four-vi...sing-autistic-boy-presumed-murdered-by-father

Don't get me wrong, there a lot of angry people, but it is no longer about the time, energy and resources spent in searching for Baby Joe, it's now about mourning a child who literally had no voice.

In this area, muliple vigils is totally normal. Every church and citizen wants to honor a child/person lost to sensesless violence.

That is so warming to hear in such a horrific situation. :(

I’m so heartbroken for this adorable lil one[emoji26][emoji174] Lil Joe, fly high sweetheart. Justice will come for those that caused you harm[emoji35]

Apologies if this has already been posted. I snipped a part of the following article:
A person passing by the family’s house around 1 a.m.*reported seeing what appeared to be a boy within 100 yards of the family’s home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-police-say-his-dad-confessed-to-killing-him/

Per article:
A person passing by the family’s house around 1 a.m.*reported seeing what appeared to be a boy within 100 yards of the family’s home.

BBM Where are you getting there has been abuse going? There have been no reports of abuse, nothing indicates this was an abusive home. And why do skeleton pj's creep you out? Sounds like typical child's pj's, just curious.
I didn't say I'm surprised to find out how long abuse was going on. I said I'm scared to find out. Meaning..... it hasn't been determined yet. I'm scared of what we might find out. I mean, a child doesn't get killed from being nurtured too well. There was at least abuse this once, right? So, I'm scared that there was likely more abuse we haven't found out about yet.

And it doesn't seem ironic and twisted that this child was killed and reported missing in skeleton pajamas?.... because that is what a dead body becomes. A skeleton.

Whew! I guess it's one of those days where every word needs to be explained in detail. I hope that was sufficient explanation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The skeptic in me wants to know how long and under what conditions the father was questioned before this confession occurred. If he was coerced into a confession it would explain why they haven't found the boy's body yet. And you can tell by just looking at the man's photo that he's not very smart.

TBI launches new public crime data platform
http://clarksvillenow.com/local/tbi-launches-new-public-crime-data-platform/
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has launched a new, online tool to better help the public track crime in their communities.
The CrimeInsight TOPS (Theme-Oriented Public Site) platform allows users to quickly navigate through key data submitted by the state’s law enforcement agencies through the Tennessee Incident Based Reporting System (TIBRS).
On the platform, available online at https://crimeinsight.tbi.tn.gov/tops/, users can select a law enforcement agency, a year, and a data set – either Drugs/DUI, Violent Crime, or Property Crime – before selecting ‘Go.’ The resulting page displays key definitions, data in a set of relevant charts and graphs, and year-to-year trends. The platform also incorporates print and download features, along with access links to the raw data and social media integration. Currently, the TOPS platform offers data from 2001 to 2016. 2017 data will be released later this month, to coincide with the agency’s release of its annual ‘Crime in Tennessee’ publication.
[...]

The skeptic in me wants to know how long and under what conditions the father was questioned before this confession occurred. If he was coerced into a confession it would explain why they haven't found the boy's body yet. And you can tell by just looking at the man's photo that he's not very smart.

BBM, I felt similarly. However while it's not a reliable indicator of intelligence across the board, his spelling and punctuation on Facebook are good. Much better than most people whose Facebooks I feel the need to examine after a thread here. It surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member