CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cell phone pings up those deep river valleys and into National Forest land. There's at least one free campground that I know of, off Hwy 101 in southern Oregon. But in the winter, no one's going to be checking some of those remote places.

They also could have slept on the beach. There's also a free beach campground near Coos Bay.

I was wondering about dead spots. That would certainly explain the gaps the police say they have in the timeline, given that they have cell phone data.

I'm suggesting that perhaps they let the kids in the room itself, but did not let them sit on the furniture. But it's also possible they only allowed him in there to take the picture. Oddly, I didn't see any pictures of the kids in their bedrooms. I bet that would tell a story they didn't want told.

But that lovely, soft-looking, divinely-designed, confection of a white and neutral area rug....

I was wondering about dead spots. That would certainly explain the gaps the police say they have in the timeline, given that they have cell phone data.

A rugged coastline doesn't lend itself to cell phone signals, either.

But that lovely, soft-looking, divinely-designed, confection of a white and neutral area rug....

I imagine control freaks making rules like: no shoes in the house. No food outside the kitchen. No markers or pens or pencil off the table. If you get beaten for it a time or two, I bet it's easier to follow the rules. If you remove all the variables that makes messes, things stay cleaner.

Edited to say: no judgement about any one who has these sorts of rules! I have carpets even I don't walk on. You do what you have to do to maintain the life you want.

I imagine control freaks making rules like: no shoes in the house. No food outside the kitchen. No markers or pens or pencil off the table. If you get beaten for it a time or two, I bet it's easier to follow the rules. If you remove all the variables that makes messes, things stay cleaner.

Edited to say: no judgement about any one who has these sorts of rules! I have carpets even I don't walk on. You do what you have to do to maintain the life you want.

I have had throw rugs that I don't like to walk on and furniture that I would never want to mess up, but creamy neutrals would not be my first choice for a household with 6 kids and 2? dogs.

Marking my spot.... like walking down into a dark basement , and find further levels down below that one--- with locked doors...
Utterly creepy and so tragic for those children who need love and nourishment !!! :(

Also creepy: that shed thing behind the house....

I have had throw rugs that I don't like to walk on and furniture that I would never want to mess up, but creamy neutrals would not be my first choice for a household with 6 kids and 2? dogs.

Nor mine. Though to be fair, I have a house full of Turkish rugs and I had 2 dogs and 4 cats when we got them. Sometimes what we want doesn't make sense with the life we have. lol.

Nor mine. Though to be fair, I have a house full of Turkish rugs and I had 2 dogs and 4 cats when we got them. Sometimes what we want doesn't make sense with the life we have. lol.

lol, so true. My friend eagerly showed me the picture of the cream colored beige sofa she had ordered. She was pregnant with twins at the time...:eek: I was trying to convince her it might be better to go a few shades darker, or even change it to vinyl, lol....

But she stuck with it, but kids play in the family room, not the living room...

As this case winds-down to its inevitable end, I wonder if we might contemplate what could have changed its sad outcome. For me, doing so is making some sense of it, with a goal to prevent its happening ever again to another child or family.

#1 As I had suggested upthread: Don't be the determiner if something looks amiss, be it a child who runs to your home for refuge at 1:30 in the morning (obvious!) or whether it be other observations which cause concern. Let the authorities decide.

#2 Move for a national database of CPS cases: Harts Law (skipping the apostrophes intentionally)...or Hannah's Law ('cept there appears to be a movie so named).

In recent news, there was reported a case of a woman who had numerous DUIs and continued to violate - one of the worst, so it was said. There too, apparently no national database.

If our own personal data can be compromised in ginormous proportions (including IRS breaches), if our utilities are on a grid which can be compromised by a foreign adversary, why in the heck can't we at least have national dbases for the most vulnerable among us, the children?

~jmo~

Different places, different degrees, different stuff. Professionally certified teachers don't take course during vacation time.

Sarah didn't have a job as a teacher. She completed a teaching degree, and then there was a full stop in those career ambitions.

Actually, teachers have to renew their licenses so they have to take classes. Kind of impossible to take classes during the work day. Lots of professions have renewal requirements.

She was granted her licensures so she passed them adequately. I kmow of students who could not be certified. Did her college just pass her along? I think teachers who had her as a student teacher would say if they thought she was no good.

It is interesting that she took the abuse charge which guaranteed that she would never be a teacher, Retail is getting less and less of a guarantee as businesses in the retail world are disappearing.

I posted that Kohl’s was doing all right in the retail world. I wonder if there were fears she would lose her job. Then what? Teaching was no longer an option.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/us/hart-family-search-body-found/index.html
A body was found Saturday very close to the Northern California site of a recent crash that took the lives of at least five members of one family and left three children missing, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office announced in a news release.

The body was found floating in the surf near Juan Creek by a couple that was vacationing along the coast, the sheriff's office said.

Sheriff's officials said the body appears to be that of an African-American female but the age, identity, and cause of death are not known

We all knew about the possibility that all kids were in the car, but
reading this made me so incredibly sorry for these lovely kids I am out of words on this

Is there some kind of retail business that Sarah could apply for in the Fort Bragg area? Maybe they were looking there for a job option and it did not pan out.

They had plenty of hours on the trip to convince the kids to make up a story.

Maybe they were planning a surprise trip for the birthday mom and wanted food. Who knows what they could come up with.Maybe after the long drive, the situation looked hopeless.

As this case winds-down to its inevitable end, I wonder if we might contemplate what could have changed its sad outcome. For me, doing so is making some sense of it, with a goal to prevent its happening ever again to another child or family.

#1 As I had suggested upthread: Don't be the determiner if something looks amiss, be it a child who runs to your home for refuge at 1:30 in the morning (obvious!) or whether it be other observations which cause concern. Let the authorities decide.

#2 Move for a national database of CPS cases: Harts Law (skipping the apostrophes intentionally)...or Hannah's Law ('cept there appears to be a movie so named).

In recent news, there was reported a case of a woman who had numerous DUIs and continued to violate - one of the worst, so it was said. There too, apparently no national database.

If our own personal data can be compromised in ginormous proportions (including IRS breaches), if our utilities are on a grid which can be compromised by a foreign adversary, why in the heck can't we at least have national dbases for the most vulnerable among us, the children?

~jmo~

Both good suggestions. It's natural to hesitate before reporting a domestic issue, on the chance that you're overreacting. No one wants to be "that neighbor." But better to be called nosey than have something like this on your conscience.

These children might not have had life skills yet because they could have been developmentally delayed.

It is very common that trauma, especially things like alcohol inutero, causes kids to be a few years delayed in some ways or very asynchronous or have significant “hiccups” (good days appear closer to average; bad days severely delayed. This can include cognitively, socially, academically, etc). These things can be fairly minor or quite severe even after years in a good home. In a chaotic home, they’d likely be exasperated.

Ive read a couple of experts views on this feeling Jen was the abuser and mostly likely spouse abuse going on also and it was most likely her decision to kill them all since she was the one stay at home taking care of the kids with lengthy postings and stories on social media presenting a perfect family and since her image would be tarnished killed them all.

What experts and what are they basing this on?

Ive said it before and I will say it now- I think people are placing blame
on Jen because Sarah is younger, more attactive and more feminine than Jen.

There is zero evidence that Sarah was a victim. None. She pled guilty to child abuse. She lived in that house, stayed home with the kids and was part of the tribe rushing over to find Hannah and yank her back.

She admitted to a friend that she wasn't handling homeschooling very well but bristled when the friend offered assistance.

Both of these women seemed into appearance to me. Like other abusive couples they found their match in one another and IMO egged each other on or reinforced abusive parenting "techniques" because clearly neither one put a stop to what was happening in that house.

I do not believe Jen killed everyone while they slept and were unaware. Sarah rushed home immediately after CPS came knocking and loaded up her kids with her spouse and took off right after that.

Nothing suggests these women weren't making decisions together and both decided to murder their kids rather than face the indignity of having the curtain pulled back. Nothing.

What?? How about two,abusive parents?

Seriously. That was such a disgusting and offensive post. Their sexuality has nothing to do with why they abused or neglected their kids.

The kids are wearing costumes in almost all the photos. All an act.

And that's a lotta clothes! Even hats. What's with the hats? All those layered and large clothes might have been used to cover bruises or malnutrition? I'm speculating.

Someone said somewhere that the hats are a Portland thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member