CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/devonte_hart_family_crash_dece.html

This article has some new info in it. It mentions that DH and his two siblings were likely, in MN, on a trial visit, when HH reported that Jen hit her with a belt in 2008. Somehow, they were still approved to adopt the second set of siblings.

The article also mentions a 2012 rollover accident in Missoula.
Those poor kids.... Failed on so many levels, so very heartbreaking!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There's an interview that Dana DeKalb quoted Devonte, "They're trying to starve me to death."
Yeah, I saw that, but there was also another where it was "her" saying that. Unless it's been determined by the police, it's not really that reliable, imo.

As a journalist myself, I don't rely on MSM cuts because they're all over the place depending on where and who is reporting. I can't tell you the number of times journalists "close enough" stuff and witnesses give their idea of events as if it were what was directly said. Just doesn't sit right to me for something he'd have said, but more inferred.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I wonder if there had been a financial change in the family's income- specifically, could the money from Texas have been

cut off? Have there been changes to the policy of continuing to support special needs adopted children?

I also wonder if Devonte told the DeKalb neighbors any details on 'why' they were trying to starve them to death?

LE said there was food in the refrigerator, when they searched the home. Was it only for the women? Jen looked like she was eating everyone's share, no shortage of food for her.

Nor Sarah to be fair.

Questions I'd love the answers to please if any of you have aeen anything that reveals the answer to things I'm asking feel free to reply to this and tell me.

Did Hannah Hart request the neighbors take her back to oregon back to Texas? (part of me feels the neighbors misinterpreted and she meant take her back to the orphange)

Did the neighbors give Devonte the food he was requesting?

Have any neighbors confirmed they seen the entire family get into the suv and leave?

Before the family left when was the last date that Devonte visited the Dekalbs?

Which hart child was the one who claimed the mothers hurt their arm?

Have any of Sarah or Jens familt actually spoken out?

Does anyone know if their were any other spottings of bodies yeaterday when the other body was found.

How old is Sierra hart? It was first reported she was 12, now its reported shes 15. Devonte is her biological brother and hes 15 so are they twins?

Why were the Dekalbs under the impression that Hannah was the youngest child?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Had not seen this! If Sarah was trying to get away (maybe she wasn't, but if she was) a rollover crash could soften Sarah to take them back. The fear of losing everyone and Jen getting to tell her story to these people. Promises are made, a fresh start is planned. The kids get music lessons for a year and they are involved in festivals. Until someone speaks up in 2013. Now they do political rallies instead for awhile. Until that goes south. Sarah missed too many opportunities.

Did this crash even really happen?

Eta article....

"She shared the struggles of living there," said Brian Lee, who lives in Garrison, North Dakota.

Lee and his wife met Jennifer Hart and all six kids the day after Christmas in 2012 while driving through Montana. Jennifer and the children had just been in a roll-over accident in their GMC Yukon along an icy stretch near Missoula.

Lee learned the Harts, whom they met in a gas station, were heading to Oregon to see Sarah, who had recently moved here to look for work.

He and his wife rented a trailer and gave the family a ride to Spokane. Jennifer Hart spoke for nearly the entire three-hour drive, he said.

"She said they needed a fresh, new start," Lee told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/devonte_hart_family_crash_dece.html

Nor Sarah to be fair.

Yeh, in all the pictures if seen of the two women, they both looked to be a healthier weight than th children.

Had not seen this! If Sarah was trying to get away (maybe she wasn't, but if she was) a rollover crash could soften Sarah to take them back. The fear of losing everyone and Jen getting to tell her story to these people. Promises are made, a fresh start is planned. The kids get music lessons for a year and they are involved in festivals. Until someone speaks up in 2013. Now they do political rallies instead for awhile. Until that goes south. Sarah missed too many opportunities.

Eta article....

"She shared the struggles of living there," said Brian Lee, who lives in Garrison, North Dakota.

Lee and his wife met Jennifer Hart and all six kids the day after Christmas in 2012 while driving through Montana. Jennifer and the children had just been in a roll-over accident in their GMC Yukon along an icy stretch near Missoula.

Lee learned the Harts, whom they met in a gas station, were heading to Oregon to see Sarah, who had recently moved here to look for work.

He and his wife rented a trailer and gave the family a ride to Spokane. Jennifer Hart spoke for nearly the entire three-hour drive, he said.

I should've read the whole article. Yup, my opinion of Sarah has changed after reading further. Two monsters feeding off of each other.

This article has some new info in it. It mentions that DH and his two siblings were likely, in MN, on a trial visit, when HH reported that Jen hit her with a belt in 2008. Somehow, they were still approved to adopt the second set of siblings.

New instances of abuse reported in this article. We'll never know the full scale of abuse these kids suffered.

While any child abuse is horrific, the abuse of these kids is particularly egregious. As adopted kids, they had to have some level of abandonment issues and this is likely something that their adoptive mothers preyed on. And the extremes that you see in this family between pictures of an idyllic family and the multiple reports of abuse mean these kids had to tread very carefully, often walking on egg shells never knowing when one or both mothers would cause them harm.

It's more than a shame that both the system and adults in these kids lives failed them.

May their souls rest in peace.

When Ms Washington's story was first discussed here it seemed sort of dismissed as being a rather forward request to mentor kids you've just met.

There is more to her story.

The multiracial family reminded Washington of her own, she said. African American, Washington had been adopted by a white woman. So when at the festival she noticed that the girls had matted hair beneath bandannas, she said, she told Jen: “Don’t worry. I’ll show you how to do it. My mom had issues too.”

But every time she tried to follow up, Washington said, Jen “would say they were too busy or make up all kinds of excuses.”
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

From the article.

“Nothing stood out,” said Big Stone City Mayor Deb Wiik. She was talking about Sarah (then Sarah Gengler), who grew up in the town of 600 that lies so close to Minnesota that Sarah went to high school there. “They seemed like a very nice family.”

Sarah’s dad worked at a hardware business, her mom at a cheese factory, recalled Lori Brandt, a middle-school teacher who taught all the Gengler children. Sarah was a good student and a great kid, Brandt said. “She baby-sat for us.”

After high school, Sarah went for a semester to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, and then transferred to Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota, according to records from both schools.

She majored in elementary education — and so, during the same period, did Jen Hart, who hailed from Huron, South Dakota, a prairie town of about 13,000.

When Ms Washington's story was first discussed here it seemed sort of dismissed as being a rather forward request to mentor kids you've just met.

There is more to her story.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

Ya see!! Sierra had a lot of "bandanas" on in many pictures and that stood out to me immediately. That's why I was wondering did she and WHO did her hair. Wee see Jeremiah and Devonte cut each other's hair but I don't see anyone working on Sierra's hair and I knew the scarf was not a style. [emoji849] sticks out very much because loving and healthy minded mothers keep their children's hair looking good or find someone else (let someone else) do it if they can't (an aunt, friend, other parent, etc). It's very striking and the Black community will immediately take notice if it's a Black girl cause we don't do matted hair as a sign of love.

IMO

Eta article....

Excellent point! I was struggling with that too, when I read it.

Rollover crash in 2012 with a 2003 GMC Yukon- vehicle was 9 years old. When I think rollover, I think extensive damage and a vehicle that age being a total loss. Wish the reporter had asked the Lees a few more questions, like what were the Harts doing at a gas station and did the Lees see the damaged Yukon? It could be that the Yukon had been towed to a garage, that was being called a gas station, and that the Harts were retrieving whatever they could out of their vehicle.

We have pictures and video from Oregon of a 2003 GMC Yukon where the body looks good- no real dings or dents.

So did they manage to find another 2003 GMC Yukon or was Jen lying about an accident to the Lees?

:thinking:

IMO, Markis looks so sickly :(
His cheekbones protrude so much.
I noticed that from the beginning. I thought he might have swollen lymph nodes. The thinness accentuates his angular jaw line. He doesn't look like his siblings. He has a very Asian look, and his hair is almost straight. Maybe he is a half-brother?

I noticed that from the beginning. I thought he might have swollen lymph nodes. The thinness accentuates his angular jaw line. He doesn't look like his siblings. He has a very Asian look, and his hair is almost straight. Maybe he is a half-brother?

I saw where one person stated that he was not in the same environment as his siblings. Could he have been cared for by another family member for a while and then put into foster care with his sisters? I agree, he looks a bit different. It may just be genetics though.

If we think Sarah was in on it as much as Jen, than maybe it was a collaborative effort to drive off the cliff. With CPS at their heels and the amount of abuse, the kids would for sure be taken away, they would be arrested and their reputations even further tarnished. The future was looking very dim for them. One last hurrah with the kids at the beach in California or they were pissed and the kids were suffering even further during those days of running.

I'm curious about any prescriptions found in their home as well as otc sleeping meds. In addition, what was purchased at Safeway- were there any otc sleeping meds bought that day?

If Sarah was ready to die but couldn't be the one to actually drive off the cliff, she could have taken sleeping pills- hell, they all could have taken sleeping pills except for Jen. Unless she took it a bit later than everyone and at the first signs of sleepiness she floored the gas pedal. Could Jen have put sleeping pills in drinks? I would think they would make the drinks taste nasty and undrinkable? With the abuse, I can imagine she probably could just threaten them to take the pills. Maybe while Sarah was going to the bathroom, away from the suv and kids, Jen has them all take the pills and just puts Sarah's pill in whatever she was drinking.

Jen could rationalize the murder-suicide in her warped mind even easier, because this would ensure they were indeed sleeping and wouldn't feel or know a thing.

all speculation on my part...moo...

After reading this article, I am more convinced than ever...

Withholding food = power and control

Especially with the "selfish" comments provided by the witness from the festival. That was to shame the two who got food in front of the other kids. It was intended to divide the children giving the two women more power over them. Becoming enraged immediately at the sight of the children enjoying the food may indicate a "oh no, you've ruined my position of power" .

Just random thoughts as I am heading out the door. I need some sunshine and good things right now. This case has me in the dumps. I am glad I have the choice to do something different. These children did not.

There is some more new info in this article. There is some background info on Sarah from one of her teachers.

There is also an interview with a different WA neighbor.

Was he trying to escape?

One day, Groener walked onto his porch and saw a Hart boy crawling inside his old Buick. He watched as the boy — who he later thought was Devonte — scampered next door. Later, Groener went to talk to his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph