Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violent details released on murder of 5-year old Dickson boy
http://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-...icide-watch-at-dickson-county-jail/1109313056
DICKSON, Tenn. (WKRN) - Joseph Ray Daniels allegedly struck his 5-year old son, Joe Clyde Daniels repeatedly until the little boy died.

Details of the murder are contained in an affidavit from the Dickson County Sheriff's Department released Monday morning.

It says Daniels "struck the boy in the body, upper torso, head, and face with closed fist until his son was deceased" at their residence on Ganers Creek Road. "Daniels then placed the body of his son in the trunk of his car and disposed of the body in a remote, rural area."

[...]

I hope it's ok to post this. This is the FB page for the manager at the Tennessee Valley news.

https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs

He has the latest update and it has made my heart hurt.
Oh no! [emoji22] Even hell would be too good for that SOB.

f1ba25e2e28265ce92acb00ab0e74abf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And now he refuses to disclose where he is?! Ugh... I'm... I'm sick.

Everything I try to type about how I feel ends up with tons of expletives. UGH!

Joe Clyde could not have done ANYTHING to deserve that. My heart and head hurt this morning. Senseless.

If you follow the local news on social media, the arrest report is in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

My heart hurts. That poor, innocent little boy. Do they have the death penalty in Tennessee? I wonder if this monster has given a "reason" for doing this. I'm sure if I hear it, I will explode. I am so disgusted by this piece of trash.

Any word on if anymore arrests are in the works? If the mother was home during this, she HAD to have heard. There's no way around it. I am also worried about what those poor siblings may have seen or heard.

I can't imagine...I bet the other two children heard it and watched it and the mother...
it makes me want to vomit to actually hear this is how he died..i was hoping an accident or something
urghhh sickening...that poor child had to endure from a parent...

My heart hurts. That poor, innocent little boy. Do they have the death penalty in Tennessee? I wonder if this monster has given a "reason" for doing this. I'm sure if I hear it, I will explode. I am so disgusted by this piece of trash.

Any word on if anymore arrests are in the works? If the mother was home during this, she HAD to have heard. There's no way around it. I am also worried about what those poor siblings may have seen or heard.

Yes, they do have the death penalty in TN.

For those of you who've got questions over the confession by JS...do you still think it was likely to be he who hid Joe's body?
I prefer a logical unattached approach to these things, I believe in innocence until guilt is completely proven 100%, confessions aren't a plea nor are they an evidenced based trial.

That doesn't mean that the confession isn't legit per se, or that he's not guilty, it's just that there are too many variables in criminal cases which make me question all things.
Even in light of the affidavit stating that he was dumped in a remote rural area, does that mean JD knows were he dumped the body? His mental state could cloud recollections. I prefer to remain skeptical until he's produced a body himself or the state proves him guilty, not because I believe him or distrust the police, but because that's the very foundation of the legal system.

If he produces the body, then I would be more inclinded than not to believe that JD sr was indeed reaponsible, because then evidence would marry with conjecture. It will be interesting how it progresses.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

booking sheet says "Y" yes for suicide watch
looks like he might go in front of the judge 4/13 at 9am?

Oh no! [emoji22] Even hell would be too good for that SOB.

f1ba25e2e28265ce92acb00ab0e74abf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I honestly went running for the bathroom.
Took me 20 minutes to compose myself! How does one do this to one's own child, especially a non-verbal child. I can't read that again.

An unemployed grown man who used his fists to beat to death a small, defenseless child who loved him. Such evil that it seeps out and covers his face.

Court Date Set for This Friday, April 13
Lets pray they find his body before Friday (prayers)

I have to go deep into speculation-land to try to understand what may have precipitated a grown man to beat his own autistic, 5-year-old non-verbal son to death. As such, I won't do it here. It's such a horrific situation.

I see that he's on suicide watch in the jail. Let's hope that they never let him out of their sight.

But why?? WHY did he do this? What could possibly be so bad that he wanted to hit poor little Joe so much? This is so heartbreaking. I hope the little guy was knocked unconscious with the first blow and just flew off ...

Was he drunk? Alcohol is known to often lead to violent outbursts. (Other drugs too, mind you.)

I agree with what someone above said, mom and siblings must have heard or even seen everything .... so sad. Did neighbours hear something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752