GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

Thank you for the update, BDE. I am not surprised at this, unfortunately. It kept nagging at me about the possibility. What a long time for the family to be waiting. maybe just a little longer for an arrest

Months after slaying, ‘justice needs to be served’

Ever since Egypt Covington was slain in Van Buren Township last summer, longtime friend Linnie Briley has routinely sought any signs the high-profile case might be solved.

On Friday, exactly nine months after the shocking death, Briley cried when police called with a welcome update: Investigators had identified a person of interest.

While the development could be considered an incremental step in an ongoing probe, for Briley and many others seeking closure and answers, the news offers a glimmer of hope.

“I’m glad they’re moving forward,” Briley said. “She deserved better than that. It’s time for this to be done. Justice needs to be served.” ...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n.../03/24/egypt-convington-murder-case/33237241/

I am not surprised that it was a BF or ex-BF.

Kenneth Michalak was a FB friend of Egypt at the time of her death. According to her FB she met "Kenny Michalak" in 2011.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, 25% of the $16,000 memorial fund went to the "Safe House Center". So I suspected early that this was a case related to domestic violence.

You may sleuth Kenneth Michalak, including his social media. Do not sleuth his friends and family. Thanks!

Pics of the ex on public photos on Egypts FB profile. Aug 2013. Also interesting is a pic of them from Sep 2015 with a peculiar comment underneath.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/150702538823809/

Justice For Egypt FB group. Public.
Interesting comments from her mom on there.

Quoting my own post to say there are even more interesting comments from Mom on there today. Not sure any new progress has been made in this case. I'd hate to see someone being publicly named as a POI just to make it look like there is some movement, but that may be what has happened, IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/150702538823809/

Justice For Egypt FB group. Public.
Interesting comments from her mom on there.

The general feel here is that this is not new news. That the exBF had already been considered previously and had cooperated fully with LE. It appears the family is not thrilled with this news story and it does not get them closer to justice. MOO.

If that's the case, it is very unfortunate.

Wow... there is a LOT I don’t recall. Tied with Christmas lights. Sad that the parents may see the suspect differently. If the reports of past abuse are true .... ?

I think the parents were referring to CM and not KM but I may be confused. Using Christmas lights to bind Egypt tells me either her murder wasn't planned ahead of time or else her murderer didn't anticipate needing to bind her.

So frustrating. :(

So many new things!! The ex was enraged one week prior to the murder when he found out the new BF was moving in. The ex had stalker type tendencies, even at the new BFs house. Also interesting was that Egypt and the sister were fearful to tell the ex about the move in.

What's strange to me is the mom. She let the ex take egypts dog after the murder for a visit? The mom also states a few times he wasn't abusive and such. May be more going on here.

Wow... there is a LOT I don’t recall. Tied with Christmas lights. Sad that the parents may see the suspect differently. If the reports of past abuse are true .... ?

Hey Spellbound! I apologize for my earlier post where I got confused over the two men. It was indeed KM that Egypt's mom was talking about. In fact, I've had it wrong all along. I think I jumped to conclusions because the current boyfriend found her. I don't usually get this confused. That's what dealing with my taxes does to my poor addled brain! :scared:

Anyway, IMO we'll get some clarity once the results of the "sensitive DNA testing" is in. Hope it doesn't take too much longer - it's been 10 months!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back