OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of good posts on here in the past few weeks regarding Brian's case. I'm eager to listen to the new podcast but I just can't get my head around thinking Brian is still alive. I think someone who believes Brian is no longer here once commented something like "Brian isn't on an island with Maura Murray". I have to agree and I just don't know what type of evidence/theories would need to be presented to change my mind.

Yeah I don't think he is on an island with Maura Murray either, but snide comments aside one has to go with the evidence. There is no evidence that Brian is alive and there is no evidence the Brian is dead. There is also no evidence of a crime. I know the comment was not yours my point is that the people that believe Brian is dead and can't really prove it they will make a ridiculous comment to try and "prove" their point. Then some people with be like yeah this is true and yes it is, Brian and Maura are probably not together. :thinking:

What we do know is that Brian posted on his Myspace account that being a Dr was a means to an end to live on the beach and play music in a band,eventually. We know that he told his GF that she should move on and we know that he was depressed about his mother dying. Being in premed is extremely hard on a person. Brian had a lot on his plate. It was said one of the reasons Brian wanted to be a Dr was to impress his mother. Once she was gone maybe he felt different. One has to wonder what his grades were like on his finals.

So I mentioned before that Clint and Meredith didn't wait around too long for Brian once he said he was going to talk to the band. Clint made comments like Brian would walk away to talk to people, he would "do his thing" and was known to just leave.

I wonder if while Brian was talking to the 2 girls Clint and Meredith were waiting for him to get done and when Brian came over they were ready to go and Brian said wait for me I'll be right back I'm going to go chat with the band for a second. I would imagine that this would have irritated Clint and Meredeth to a degree. They knew that Brian had a habit of talking and they probably wondered OK how long is this going to take.

Now when I say irritate I don't mean he was so mad he wanted to kill Brian. I just mean roll his eyes and be like yeah OK I've heard this one before and after waiting a few minutes he decides to "walk that way" to go get him. After what was a very brief cursory search they decided to leave.

OK well I am in touch with the person the put up the video stills and yes they are from a video as I thought. So far all I was told is this guy was filming himself at night in a car it was raining he appeared happy about to say something then apparently he saw some thing or someone jump on his car and the video cut out. I'll post more when I find out more.

Yeah I don't think he is on an island with Maura Murray either, but snide comments aside one has to go with the evidence. There is no evidence that Brian is alive and there is no evidence the Brian is dead. There is also no evidence of a crime. I know the comment was not yours my point is that the people that believe Brian is dead and can't really prove it they will make a ridiculous comment to try and "prove" their point. Then some people with be like yeah this is true and yes it is, Brian and Maura are probably not together. :thinking:

What we do know is that Brian posted on his Myspace account that being a Dr was a means to an end to live on the beach and play music in a band,eventually. We know that he told his GF that she should move on and we know that he was depressed about his mother dying. Being in premed is extremely hard on a person. Brian had a lot on his plate. It was said one of the reasons Brian wanted to be a Dr was to impress his mother. Once she was gone maybe he felt different. One has to wonder what his grades were like on his finals.

Just a thought, but maybe Brian was also stuck with massive student debt, perhaps it felt especially crushing after his mother's illness and death?
imo, speculation.

Even though I do not agree this is a good post in that it gets people to think outside the box. The last time I stayed in Columbus was around 2007ish. At the urging of my friends we went bar hopping and there are still quite a bit of people on the streets at 2:30 when the bars close and there are a TON of taxis. A body hitting the street from 30 ft up is gonna draw some attention.

We have to assume that the door leading up to the roof has alarms on it and the door leading out to the roof top is locked. If we entertain the possibility that Brian did make it to the roof he is going to land on a sidewalk. He would have to be able to jump well over 20 feet from the building to land in a moving vehicle which is not possible. The odds of him landing on anything are people walking or maybe a parked car.

The entrance way to the bar is not a street so that leaves the other 3 sides. Two face a street and one is an alley. I'm pretty sure the alley is where the parking garage is. Again too many people roaming around for some not to notice a body and not to get gross but an extreme amount of blood. Also remember that Clint was calling Brian before him and Meredith left and they left at 2:09. So Brian would have had to make it to the roof and jump within minutes after telling them he was going to talk to the band.
But what if the fall happened around...lets say 04:30? Is still this area -and the alley- so crowded and full of taxis? I am saying this because earlier in the discussion I also proposed a late stay in the building for Brian along with the theory that something happened to him during the next few hours he accidentally or intentionally remained somewhere inside the building.

But what if the fall happened around...lets say 04:30? Is still this area -and the alley- so crowded and full of taxis? I am saying this because earlier in the discussion I also proposed a late stay in the building for Brian along with the theory that something happened to him during the next few hours he accidentally or intentionally remained somewhere inside the building.

I'm not sure I am following you exactly. What fall? Do you mean off the roof?

Just a thought, but maybe Brian was also stuck with massive student debt, perhaps it felt especially crushing after his mother's illness and death?
imo, speculation.

Oh there was debt no doubt.I have a family member who is a Dr. Massive is a good word. lol

attachment.php

These eyebrows seem very similar to those of the unidentified man. I would be very interested in whether there was raised scaffolding in the construction area. Not only could it provide a path for someone hoping to leave unnoticed, but it's not unusual for inspectors, LE, etc. to fail to look up when searching an area.

imo, speculation.

There were most likely family financial concerns following those medical costs. He may have been thinking that if he "disappeared" it would be of financial benefit to his father. He spoke with his father and brother prior to his disappearance, I wonder if he mentioned the possibility of postponing his medical studies and his father was totally against the idea. jmho

If Bryan is alive (and wouldn't that be something!) wouldn't there have been some evidence of a plan? Cash withdrawls? a google search about a location? Maybe it's just me, but I would never be able to up and leave my life without a well thought out plan to avoid people locating me.

I was asking him about the bars and what time they close he said state law they all close at 2:30. Another friend of mine was a campus police officer at Ohio State but he was promoted before Brian went missing. I asked him a few years back if he heard about Brian and he said he did but didn't really know much. He mentioned that one of the Sargent's son went missing after a night of drinking. Seems this one doesn't get much publicity.

There have been some similar disappearances in the general area. The most recent of course is Joey LaBute.

When I first saw Joey’s picture, i was shocked by the similarities between he and Brian’s appearance as well as some notable similarities in the events preceding their disappearances.

However, at the end of the day, I still believe that Clint has relevant info about Brian’s case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone so I need some help here. Does anyone have a link to any recordings of Brian’s voice. I found one but it is where somebody is recording a TV program with what looks to be a phone or video obviously we can’t get an original recording but does anybody know of any news programs where they play a recording of his voice.

So I mentioned before that Clint and Meredith didn't wait around too long for Brian once he said he was going to talk to the band. Clint made comments like Brian would walk away to talk to people, he would "do his thing" and was known to just leave.

I wonder if while Brian was talking to the 2 girls Clint and Meredith were waiting for him to get done and when Brian came over they were ready to go and Brian said wait for me I'll be right back I'm going to go chat with the band for a second. I would imagine that this would have irritated Clint and Meredeth to a degree. They knew that Brian had a habit of talking and they probably wondered OK how long is this going to take.

Now when I say irritate I don't mean he was so mad he wanted to kill Brian. I just mean roll his eyes and be like yeah OK I've heard this one before and after waiting a few minutes he decides to "walk that way" to go get him. After what was a very brief cursory search they decided to leave.

Yes,

Where were Clint and Meredith at the time that Brian was talking to the woman outside the bar? Oh, to know that conversation! This would be Brian's last words before he vanished.

Satch

Brian told his girlfriend the last time he spoke with her, that this was a good time for him to tell the guys about her.

I would really like to know if he did that, as it may shed some light on the situation, IMO, considering that it was after this that he slipped away from Clint and vanished.

With his cell phone then immediately going straight to voice mail when Clint called him.

It has always seemed to me that Brian was trying to lose Clint and Meredith that night. I will always wonder about that, and will always wonder why.

I just don't see this happening.

Well, something unfortunate happened to Brian shortly between 2am and 2:30am that morn, as he didn't leave the building, was never again observed by any person or cam outside the building, and he was never ever heard from again. Not a single peep, ever. Permanent radio silence.

Going through Brian's pictures and absorbing the reality of his disappearance with a heavy heart. What happened to him...? The fact that we may never know is also painful.

So there are 4 pics all slightly different. Looks like he was in the middle of talking when they were taken. No flash so you gotta wonder if he knew his pic was being taken. Whether one thinks he is or isn't Brian it's kind of an odd way to take photos of someone.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Who is this man and what is the source of these photos?

Who is this man and what is the source of these photos?

Don't know. But I know who it is not. It is not the young man who is the subject of this thread, and who passed away in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong