Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and if you want to take back road from there it was called "Frederick pike" all the way up. Anyone know if this road was a truck route in 1981 or what it was like? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mag...ac69e53afa!2m2!1d-84.2314216!2d40.0385729!3e0
Frederick Pike also has turns and hills, if you're not familiar with that road you could easily go off. The roads that branch off it are the same. St Rt 48, 55, and 718 lead here. To turn off on Greenlee, wouldn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frederick Pike also has turns and hills, if you're not familiar with that road you could easily go off. The roads that branch off it are the same. St Rt 48, 55, and 718 lead here. To turn off on Greenlee, wouldn't make sense.

I should also say if a trucker did by chance, he'd most likely goof and try to take Horseshoe Bend Hill and get stuck.

Fair enough mode of transportation would have been by; car, motorcycle, truck or van.

Are their any camping grounds in the area

I should also say if a trucker did by chance, he'd most likely goof and try to take Horseshoe Bend Hill and get stuck.

So then he came off 75north...

Unless he had parked the trailer and was just driving the tractor. That's pretty common around here where there are lots of narrow roads and tight corners and motels and restaurants without much parking space. There are several secure or patrolled lots just for that.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm very glad BG has gotten her name back. May LE be able to bring justice for Marcia King. :)

Unless he had parked the trailer and was just driving the tractor. That's pretty common around here where there are lots of narrow roads and tight corners and motels and restaurants without much parking space. There are several secure or patrolled lots just for that.

Could have come from bar (without trailer) together to motel....anf killed etc on that side of 75 and then crossed over highway to Greenlee and back onto hwy to pick up load.

Fair enough mode of transportation would have been by; car, motorcycle, truck or van.

Are their any camping grounds in the area
I should also mention, Joyland used to be a truckstop on 48. They always had trucks there, if she would have been there people today would or will come forward. Newton township is also Pleasant Hill area. Small community, we all know each others business. Joyland burnt down. Camping, not really. There's a VFW on the hilltop on Fenner Rd, Rolling Hills, and 4H camp. Those are clubs though.

There are other ways to access Greenlee Road without driving Hwy 38 ... or did I miss something

Could have come from bar (without trailer) together to motel....anf killed etc on that side of 75 and then crossed over highway to Greenlee and back onto hwy to pick up load.
That's a lot of carrying in and out of a motel. Someone would have seen or heard something. Did they say if any injuries were on bottom half of body? If not, most likely killed while in vehicle.

Not sure about back then, but now there's room for trailers at the mentioned places in Troy on 55.

This should work:
attachment.php

Thank you Springrain, it is a good likeness.
Are we allowed to keep thread open an d discuss killer?

Anybody able to access a 1981 map of area?

See what business was on corner where Clopay is now?

Or how long watertower was there next to Clopay....that makes for an easy landmark for a trucker (or anyone) if they didn't know area. back then an atlas was used and possibly would be able to know about that curvy hill through other trucker knowledge etc.

Also Cargill in Sydney was around in 1981 was the Cargill on Needmore as well? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Car...199fd49748!2m2!1d-84.1949861!2d40.2756318!3e0

Did the police ever release what they thought created the injury to her forehead?

Anybody able to access a 1981 map of area?

See what business was on corner where Clopay is now?

Or how long watertower was there next to Clopay....that makes for an easy landmark for a trucker (or anyone) if they didn't know area. back then an atlas was used and possibly would be able to know about that curvy hill through other trucker knowledge etc.

Also Cargill in Sydney was around in 1981 was the Cargill on Needmore as well? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Car...199fd49748!2m2!1d-84.1949861!2d40.2756318!3e0
Panasonic was the Clopay building, I'll have to ask what was there before that. I want to say it was a field, I don't recall seeing anything but trees there. Cargil Sidney came after Dayton. Dayton area used to be huge in GM manufacturing. That water tower was put in later, there really wasn't much on that side of the interstate. Land and houses. Garden center, not sure if the bar on 55 was there, I'll ask about that as well.

Wonder if LE is re-inspecting Marcia's clothes... there is bound to be someone else's DNA on them. Someone had to touch Marcia to murder, transport and remove her body from a vehicle... If you touch something or someone doesn't it leave some trace of your DNA :waitasec:

If Cargill on Needmore rd was there in 1981...that would be drop load on Needmore....stop in Maggies {or somewhere) and stop on Greenlee and head to Cargill in Sydney for new load...believe that would be a refrigerated truck/ Just thinking aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member