Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recalling from memory .. it is believe to be a crowbar could be wrong its late and I'm :sleep: us older people down by dusk and up when the rooster crows

If Cargill on Needmore rd was there in 1981...that would be drop load on Needmore....stop in Maggies {or somewhere) and stop on Greenlee and head to Cargill in Sydney for new load...believe that would be a refrigerated truck/ Just thinking aloud.
Train tracks run through Cargill at both locations, also goes further south and hits GM when it was in Moraine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Panasonic was the Clopay building, I'll have to ask what was there before that. I want to say it was a field, I don't recall seeing anything but trees there. Cargil Sidney came after Dayton. Dayton area used to be huge in GM manufacturing. That water tower was put in later, there really wasn't much on that side of the interstate. Land and houses. Garden center, not sure if the bar on 55 was there, I'll ask about that as well.

Ziebart would have been the only thing over that way. Map now would show otherwise. Just land and room to expand Troy. My source said there was a Vineyard across from Brukner. The bar I mentioned on 55 was a winery that was built in 82.

Anybody able to access a 1981 map of area?

See what business was on corner where Clopay is now?

Or how long watertower was there next to Clopay....that makes for an easy landmark for a trucker (or anyone) if they didn't know area. back then an atlas was used and possibly would be able to know about that curvy hill through other trucker knowledge etc.

Also Cargill in Sydney was around in 1981 was the Cargill on Needmore as well? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Car...199fd49748!2m2!1d-84.1949861!2d40.2756318!3e0

Cargill was in Dayton before 1981. My husband worked at Delco Moraine (GM) across Needmore from Cargill at Wagner Ford Rd mid to late 1970s

Deborah Prince, the woman found in Feb 1981 in Tipp City, Miami County. The boyfriend was charged twice but it resulted in mistrial, lack of evidence, etc... Is LE dead set he killed her and that's why they're not comparing? She was strangled.

Off to find her killer!
Clean feet with no shoes and tidy appearance, no sexual assault tells me domestic.
I think it needs to be published all over the last areas she was known at.
Who was her last boyfriend?
My FB friends won't help much as they are my age or younger, I will ask them to share with older siblings and parents etc...
Let's find this person!

Can someone please put a timeline with now known facts of places she'd been?
That would help to start.

xx

so happy to hear that Marcia got her name back..its amazing how many people never let her disappear! I have not been on here in a while but had to pop up for this!..Its so great!.. I am sorry if this is known already or discussed, But was she ever reported missing?

so happy to hear that Marcia got her name back..its amazing how many people never let her disappear! I have not been on here in a while but had to pop up for this!..Its so great!.. I am sorry if this is known already or discussed, But was she ever reported missing?

from what I've seen, her family tried to report her missing, but LE either didn't take her case seriously or couldn't do much because she was an adult who left willingly and was known to hitchhike around.

Wonder if LE is re-inspecting Marcia's clothes... there is bound to be someone else's DNA on them. Someone had to touch Marcia to murder, transport and remove her body from a vehicle... If you touch something or someone doesn't it leave some trace of your DNA :waitasec:

It's true that her killer would have almost certainly left his DNA on her clothes, but so would everyone else who touched them, including police officers, SOCOs, pathology and lab people and so on. Back in 1980 DNA for crime purposes was still several years away so nobody would have been worried about leaving theirs on the garments, which makes if very difficult after so long to determine which, if any, traces were left by her killer. You would probably need to get elimination samples from everyone who came into contact with her clothes during the investigation and forensic process.

Someone above mentioned the possibility that she might have been the victim of an Ohio serial killer. Even if any of the DNA on her clothes matched those on one or more other victims from the same era, it could be difficult to be absolutely certain that it did not come from a cop or other investigator who was part of the investigating team in a relatively small rural area on several occasions. If the same people attend various scenes and left traces at a number of them, it could give the impression that a serial killer was involved rather than it just reflecting standard LE crime scene practice at the time.

Recalling from memory .. it is believe to be a crowbar could be wrong its late and I'm [emoji99] us older people down by dusk and up when the rooster crows
Crowbar would imply vehicle, right?

Still wondering about the circumstance of the lacerated liver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Crowbar would imply vehicle, right?

Still wondering about the circumstance of the lacerated liver.

The liver is pretty robust, but it depends on how serious the laceration was. More minor ones might be the result of a hard punch and could heal themselves without medical treatment, but serious ones would more likely be due to kicks or being struck by a vehicle and these could well prove fatal in themselves without medical assistance.

The liver is pretty robust, but it depends on how serious the laceration was. More minor ones might be the result of a hard punch and could heal themselves without medical treatment, but serious ones would more likely be due to kicks or being struck by a vehicle and these could well prove fatal in themselves without medical assistance.
Interesting point about being struck by a vehicle. The more I read about this the more it sounds like she wasn't staying in the area. The points about her not being attacked in the car are good, wondering if that kind of damage could be done in a car. Do think she would have more wounds if being struck by a vehicle though.

Also wanted to add, looking at the report the witness that saw her at the corner of Dixie and Bartley noted her as barefoot.

Interesting point about being struck by a vehicle. The more I read about this the more it sounds like she wasn't staying in the area. The points about her not being attacked in the car are good, wondering if that kind of damage could be done in a car. Do think she would have more wounds if being struck by a vehicle though.

The wounds would be different I think.

If a person is struck by a car which is breaking hard, the front of the vehicle dips down and the impact injuries are more likely to be to the lower legs, maybe the thighs and knees. If the car is not breaking the injuries would tend to be higher up, around the thighs, hips and waist so in theory, yes, a vehicle impact could cause liver injuries. Since private vehicles in the US tend to be bigger and heavier than in Europe I would expect upper thigh to waist injuries if someone was hit by a vehicle which was not breaking.

With larger trucks and tractor units, the impact could also affect the whole of the upper torso.

However I think we'd see other injuries as well.

If the body is struck by the headlights or goes up over the bonnet/hood there is likely to be broken glass embedded in the skin (and that broken glass could be used to narrow down the type, maybe even the make and model, of vehicle involved. If there were paint flakes as well then a very good profile of the vehicle could be created, though only if the SOCOs were savvy enough to look for and collect them.

If the impact throws the body onto the road surface there would be major abrasions and gravel, stones or dirt in those abrasions.

If the impact throws the body onto the side of the road then there might also be abrasions from stones and vegetation along the road side.

I think those are unlikely since there seems to be no evidence of appropriate damage to the buckskin jacket.

There would also likely be injuries from impact with specific parts of the vehicle, such as distinctive bruising in the pattern of the radiator grill or from a wing mirror.

However, Isadora Duncan notwithstanding, no vehicle would have strangled her.

Welcome back Madamx, good to see you here!

A brief recap: LE reported at the presser that there was no missing report on file for Marcia. However, her family said on social media that they had tried to report her missing and thought a detective was looking for her back then (but in another state, no where near Ohio). The family got harassed to the point of people actually calling them and yelling at them. So they deleted their posts and fb accounts. Also in the presser, we learned that her mom kept the same phone number and refused to move away from Arkansas for 37 years so Marcia could find her. She was hoping her daughter would come back to her someday. I believe this is another one of those tragic cases where the family thought there was a report taken but LE in the 80's didn't take seriously the disappearance of a 21 year old who liked to hitchhike. Or perhaps the report was lost/destroyed after a certain amount of time had passed (JMO).

I can't believe she has been identified, and of course, I can't contain both my excitement for closure and sadness for this poor young woman!

Welcome back Madamx, good to see you here!

A brief recap: LE reported at the presser that there was no missing report on file for Marcia. However, her family said on social media that they had tried to report her missing and thought a detective was looking for her back then (but in another state, no where near Ohio). The family got harassed to the point of people actually calling them and yelling at them. So they deleted their posts and fb accounts. Also in the presser, we learned that her mom kept the same phone number and refused to move away from Arkansas for 37 years so Marcia could find her. She was hoping her daughter would come back to her someday. I believe this is another one of those tragic cases where the family thought there was a report taken but LE in the 80's didn't take seriously the disappearance of a 21 year old who liked to hitchhike. Or perhaps the report was lost/destroyed after a certain amount of time had passed (JMO).
Wish I could put this on a t-shirt. So over seeing people on Facebook and Reddit immediately jump to blaming the family. Thanks for sharing your cruel opinion on something you know nothing about...

I think people forget (or maybe they're too young to have experienced it) that we didn't have the same level communication & constant contact back when Marcia went missing. It wasn't unusual to go long periods of time without hearing from someone, especially if they were known to travel or move around a lot. It didn't always mean something bad had happened. It was just one of those things and no one questioned it.

I'm still floored people called her family just to yell at them for not reporting her. The nerve, the audacity of some people just floor me, and not in a good way.

I'm giving her family the benefit of the doubt, knowing how things were back then when an adult went missing. But even if they had succeeded in getting her reported, there's no guarantee it would have made a difference until NamUs/CODIS came on board. Look at the Jimmy Reymer case - his sister had been searching for him for decades, but where he was from one state, and reported missing from another, then turned up in neither of those states, he still remained unidentified for decades.

So glad she FINALLY got her name back!!! Now the family can also FINALLY have some closure too. I have been waiting for a long time for her to get her name back.
R.I.P. Marcia King

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members