Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
A crowbar is not the same as a tire iron. A crowbar is also called a pry bar or wrecking bar. It is a very useful tool to have in a nice basic array of tools. It is great for remodeling and construction work as in ripping off drywall and prying things loose in framing for example. Handy for so many things. Perhaps the term was used loosely as that type of instrument. I think tire irons and jack handles though more rounded in shape might inflict similar injury but an actual crowbar/prybar is flat, heavy, long, rectangular. If assuming it was a prybar; somebody who carries around tools like that in a vehicle most likely needs it in their line of work. Could still be trucker or some kind of tradesman. Most home handyman types would be likely to have one but not carry it everywhere. Or she was killed somewhere where one was readily available if it wasn't in a vehicle.
I'm dumb, thinking of tire iron, you're right.

Crowbars are more pointed which could align with her facial wounds

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Has anything been said publicly about the circumstances of when Marcia was last seen or the what the family reported? I have not seen anything about the last time she was seen, by family or otherwise, or what her life was like. I've read here about her being known to hitchhike, but that is the extent of anything that tells about her situation prior to being deceased.

Also, I wonder if her injuries could be from being thrown out of a vehicle or jumping out of a moving vehicle.

I'm not really clear on this: would Arkansas fit for the Texas/Oklahoma isotopes? It's right next to them, but I'm not 100% sure.

No, Arkansas would not fit the water isotopes for the NWTX/SOK area, even though it's geographically close.
That area has a very unique isotope,iirc, it has the highest concentration of a deuterium in its water, in the country, that sets it apart. I linked to an article about it a few days back.

No, Arkansas would not fit the water isotopes for the NWTX/SOK area, even though it's geographically close.
That area has a very unique isotope,iirc, it has the highest concentration of a deuterium in its water, in the country, that sets it apart. I linked to an article about it a few days back.

TY for clarifying AK ...

This UID being identified gives hope to the others that we have on here.

I know this probably will sound stupid, but I kind of thought that the injury on her forehead looked like an 'M'.

Has anything been said publicly about the circumstances of when Marcia was last seen or the what the family reported? I have not seen anything about the last time she was seen, by family or otherwise, or what her life was like. I've read here about her being known to hitchhike, but that is the extent of anything that tells about her situation prior to being deceased.

Also, I wonder if her injuries could be from being thrown out of a vehicle or jumping out of a moving vehicle.

Not much has been released to the public about Marcia's last known whereabouts except for what's been in the media and what was said in the press conference. Investigators are trying to trace her movements the month before she died. All we know is that the family has indicated she could have been in Pittsburgh, PA and Louisville, KY.
In the beginning, we got some unofficial information from her family when they posted a few things on BG's facebook page. The posts were removed when her poor family started getting harassed by people who felt the need to call them and yell at them for not reporting her. I'm afraid we'll probably never know now, thanks to those folks.

I'm dumb, thinking of tire iron, you're right.

Crowbars are more pointed which could align with her facial wounds

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not dumb!! Maybe LE was using it kind of generically to indicate that type of tool. Should have amended my post-- there are some with a tube like shaft and those that are the flat shaft. Anyway whatever they meant we don't know.
Has an autopsy drawing other than the photographs ever been shown indicating all injuries with descriltions? I thought that was usually done too. Maybe LE would not want to release that and want to keep some details until they have suspects.

I am BEYOND DISGUSTED by the comments on Daily Mail. People are openly accusing her family of MURDER. This is disgusting behavior. Unacceptable.

Her family is grieving a horrendous loss, and they quite clearly had nothing to do with her death.

RIP Marcia. I am glad you finally can come home ��

Also, it does good to remember people like us are living in a bit of a bubble - BG was perhaps one of the most famous Does in the country. However, I guarantee you 90% of people at least (if not more) would have no idea what you were talking about if you brought it up. Not everyone regularly keeps up with stuff like this, especially not most older people with limited (or no) access to the internet, whether by choice or not. Even if you have someone missing. Not many people know sites and stuff like this exists.

It's extremely easy to be looking at this situation from the outside and after all this time, and to say, "Wow. Let's blame the family! They should have done this! They could have done that!" It's easy, cruel, and cheap. The reality is, it was hard and complicated situation. Marcia King was an adult. Maybe people don't like to think about this, but even in this day and age, adults willingly choose to leave their lives for new ones all the time. Especially back in those days, even if she was reported missing (which apparently they tried!!!), there wasn't much to be done.

Marcia King's life was taken, and it is 100% the killers fault. And no one elses.

I am BEYOND DISGUSTED by the comments on Daily Mail. People are openly accusing her family of MURDER. This is disgusting behavior. Unacceptable.

Her family is grieving a horrendous loss, and they quite clearly had nothing to do with her death.

Statistically, there are so many murders by family or someone closely known. Combine that with the supposed claim that they didn't report her missing (?) I would speculate this is the genesis of that confusion. It would be *very* helpful for LE to make a statement that the family has been cleared. That would hopefully shut down further unproductive remarks.

This being said, what *could* be productive is to use this high profile case as a means to *learn* and apply those learnings to other missing persons cases. What were the exact steps that this family took (and exact timeframes) to find their loved one? Then, we can examine why those efforts failed, and how we can establish better practices for finding the missing.
It would be wonderful if her family would help with this type of a study with a reputable organization like the one that gave Marcia back her name.

She was so pretty!! I'm misty eyed over this doe getting her name back

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

This UID being identified gives hope to the others that we have on here.
Just curious, if she was never reported missing and wasn't in any missing person data base how did they figure out who she was? I wonder if there is someone admitting to murder, but hasn't formally been charged. (James Worley, recently convicted of sierrah joughins abduction and murder is who comes to mind)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just curious, if she was never reported missing and wasn't in any missing person data base how did they figure out who she was? I wonder if there is someone admitting to murder, but hasn't formally been charged. (James Worley, recently convicted of sierrah joughins abduction and murder is who comes to mind)

The DNA Doe Project, a 501c3 organization dedicated to identifying John and Jane Does, ran her DNA profile through the GEDMatch database.

GEDMatch pointed them to Marcia's second cousin, who had utilized GEDMatch for genealogical research. The cousin, who was aware that Marcia was missing, pointed investigators to Marcia's mother.

Also, it does good to remember people like us are living in a bit of a bubble - BG was perhaps one of the most famous Does in the country. However, I guarantee you 90% of people at least (if not more) would have no idea what you were talking about if you brought it up. Not everyone regularly keeps up with stuff like this, especially not most older people with limited (or no) access to the internet, whether by choice or not. Even if you have someone missing. Not many people know sites and stuff like this exists.

It's extremely easy to be looking at this situation from the outside and after all this time, and to say, "Wow. Let's blame the family! They should have done this! They could have done that!" It's easy, cruel, and cheap. The reality is, it was hard and complicated situation. Marcia King was an adult. Maybe people don't like to think about this, but even in this day and age, adults willingly choose to leave their lives for new ones all the time. Especially back in those days, even if she was reported missing (which apparently they tried!!!), there wasn't much to be done.

Marcia King's life was taken, and it is 100% the killers fault. And no one elses.

Thank you. This is all very true and a good reminder for all of us.

Statistically, there are so many murders by family or someone closely known. Combine that with the supposed claim that they didn't report her missing (?) I would speculate this is the genesis of that confusion. It would be *very* helpful for LE to make a statement that the family has been cleared. That would hopefully shut down further unproductive remarks.

This being said, what *could* be productive is to use this high profile case as a means to *learn* and apply those learnings to other missing persons cases. What were the exact steps that this family took (and exact timeframes) to find their loved one? Then, we can examine why those efforts failed, and how we can establish better practices for finding the missing.
It would be wonderful if her family would help with this type of a study with a reputable organization like the one that gave Marcia back her name.

Yes, that is true. The comments about her family having done it because they asked for privacy are absurd. Many of the commenters included that fact along with her supposedly not trying to report her missing as their reasoning for their belief that Marcia's family killed her.

I hope LE does, but I don't think it would eliminate it. People would probably still hold onto their theories.

It would be wonderful, but after how they were treated, I doubt they would want anything to do with anything like that. Being in a study of that nature would unfortunately most likely excite more harassers. I can't speak for them, though, and I'm not trying to.

The Daily Mail comments section is basically a virtual holding pen for trolls, bullies, conspiracy theorists and other miscellaneous morons.

Rest assured that most people are usually disgusted by pretty much everything they ever say.

Such a wonderful day! Marcia King was a beautiful person who was a happy free spirited young lady and had a family who loved and missed her! It’s everything we were wanting for her. Now, to see who did this punished for this crime would be terrific!
I hope her family feels some kind of relief to finally know what happened to her, and can grieve in peace. We have all been searching and following for years, but all this was just thrown at her family. They will need some time.
Hopefully they understand trolls on the internet and are able to ignore them.
Words are hurtful.
Even here, we must be careful. This thread has been nothing but awesome with great people trying to give her back her name. But I have been on a few missing persons threads where they are outright accusing family or loved ones. One, Michelle Boyd showed up alive and well in another state. Her poor husband was crucified on her thread. Mods came in and cleaned it up literally days before she was found alive, scolding members for the accusations:clap: I know what the statistics are, but a lot of these cases here are not the normal everyday murders that are seen.
These are cases that need out of box thinking.
Like I said, you all did a wonderful job and am so impressed by the respect that has been shown toward the family.
Great job everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so so happy Marcia finally get back her name-I have been following Marcia's case since I was 15 and I am now 25, It's such an emotional moment to see her in the 'Identified' section, now hopefully her family can see justice for her untimely and tragic murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88