CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen drinking enough alcohol might have been a part of her thinking to stage it like an accident? Wrong turn and off the cliff.

But I am sure she did not know about the black box in the SUV? That they would know the SUV was fully stopped. I read they clocked it at approximately 30 miles an hour? They might not have catapulted out far, but fast enough that that first bounce was brutal. -jmo

Carpenter said the family stopped in the small town of Naselle, Washington, near their Woodland, Washington, home, during their drive to the California cliff but that investigators are still trying to determine why they stopped there and whether they contacted anyone.

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-...v-with-family-off-cliff-was-drunk-1/731932786

That is an interesting piece of info. Naselle is northwest of Woodland, so it means the family left the house much earlier than previously estimated. Factor Sarah's text at 3 am into the timeline.

Before this news, the family was reported to be in Newport OR around 8:15 am on Saturday.

That is an interesting piece of info. Naselle is northwest of Woodland, so it mean the family left the house much earlier than previously estimated. Factor Sarah's text at 3 am into the timeline.

Before this news, the family was reported to be in Newport OR around 8:15 am on Saturday.

This means they would have crossed the river into Oregon at Astoria, where they were for the Goonies festival. Way out of the way for heading to Newport and Fort Bragg though.

Google maps says Woodland to Naselle to Newport is four hours and 32 minutes.

eta: Naselle had a population of 419 in 2010. If the Harts knew anyone there someone knows. Why would they make a stop in such a small town on their way out? To return a pet? Money? Say goodbye to someone? Or... something else?

They would have been there close to 5am. Dropping off two kids for a friend to care for because one of them is sick, almost sick enough to go to the hospital? Just speculating.

I'm still concerned that Devonte and Hannah were not in the car when it went over the cliff. I'm concerned they may be dead somewhere else. I think the body found will be announced as Sierra. Hannah would have been easily recognizable by the well-healed gums of the front teeth avulsions-- quite easy to determine the teeth were not avulsed in the crash.

But I do understand that they have to do the DNA testing to make certain, and there is always the very slim possibility it was a different person all together.

Do NOT tell other members how to think or post. If you see a violation of TOS, please use the Alert feature and we will review it.

If you just don't like the discussion, scroll & roll or use the Ignore feature.

This means they would have crossed the river into Oregon at Astoria, where they were for the Goonies festival. Way out of the way for heading to Newport and Fort Bragg though.

Google maps says Woodland to Naselle to Newport is four hours and 32 minutes.

eta: Naselle had a population of 419 in 2010. If the Harts knew anyone there someone knows. Why would they make a stop in such a small town on their way out? To return a pet? Money? Say goodbye to someone? Or... something else?

They would have been there close to 5am. Dropping off two kids for a friend to care for because one of them is sick, almost sick enough to go to the hospital? Just speculating.

Your mention of The Goonies makes me wonder if they were retracing some steps; revisiting places where they had happy memories. I saw evidence elsewhere that they had had a fun trip to Fort Bragg’s Glass Beach, and it’s MOO that it’s where they spent their final day.

Your mention of The Goonies makes me wonder if they were retracing some steps; revisiting places where they had happy memories. I saw evidence elsewhere that they had had a fun trip to Fort Bragg’s Glass Beach, and it’s MOO that it’s where they spent their final day.

It makes sense to me. They might have started the trip with Astoria first on the list and if so that's the way they would go. I don't see why they would make a random 5am stop in such a small town. It must have just been on the way.

I'm still concerned that Devonte and Hannah were not in the car when it went over the cliff. I'm concerned they may be dead somewhere else. I think the body found will be announced as Sierra. Hannah would have been easily recognizable by the well-healed gums of the front teeth avulsions-- quite easy to determine the teeth were not avulsed in the crash.

But I do understand that they have to do the DNA testing to make certain, and there is always the very slim possibility it was a different person all together.

Agreed. I think that’s what could have got this downfall. Like I thought earlier Sarah could have been sick not going into work for whatever happened in that house after CPS. I’m sure it was brutal and vicious I’m sure they didn’t want to rat on their brother but were forced.

I mean they got away with abuse before I’m sure they could have tried again to get just a slap on the wrist. I really think something bigger happened to Hannah and Devonte at the hands of those two big women. I don’t think Devonte ratting them out would have been taken lightly.

"Put food into a box"? What on earth does that mean. I though you were supposed to food into the refrigerator, into the cupboard, into your mouth.....

I live in Oregon and the thing that immediately popped into my mind was a community supported agriculture (CSA) box or some kind of farmers' market setup. Like putting the fruits and vegetables for the week into the container to take them home.

Regarding slipping liquid Benadryl into their drinks...if they were used to drinking fresh juices (juiced kale , lettuce and most other greens) they would never detect the bitterness of the benadryl.

Now that several “facts” released have turned out to be false...I wonder what’s next?

“Oopsies. It wasn’t intentional. It was a tragic accident caused by the drunk driver”

Not a popular opinion but I still have doubts this was intentional. There is no way (at least right now) to say definitively either way. Technically it still could have been a medical issue. For example, my mom has epilepsy and gets an 'aura' before the actual seizure. During the aura she kinda goes blank or is highly confused THEN she has the seizure. What if Jen started feeling off (an aura or maybe something similar), pulled off the road and then floored it (not on purpose) when she actually seized. Could have been her first seizure ever for all we know if this did happen (my mom didn't start having them until she was 43). It is NOT impossible for something like this to happen.

But what are the chances that this sudden onset of adult seizures, just happened to coincide with them running from the CPS investigation?

They go on this sudden, urgent road trip, taking no camping supplies, leaving pets behind, uncared for. Ditching jobs...calling in sick.

And then, coincidentally, right as she pulls into a lookout over a 100 foot cliff, and is sitting behind the wheel of the car, she suddenly has her first seizure, and hits the accelerator until they go over the cliff.

That just seems way to much of a coincidence for me.

I have a feeling the kids didn't even leave the car during day light. I feel like they would have found footage or people would have come forward with sightings by now. It has been awhile since this happened.

Naselle??? Now I'm really confused. If I were going from Woodland to the coast where they ended up, it certainly wouldn't be through Naselle. It's completely out of the way. And there's not much there: school, library, post office, a couple of gas stations, a grocery store. There used to be a youth camp nearby, IIRC, and lots of farms. I mean, it's a really small place. Why would they be there?

Naselle??? Now I'm really confused. If I were going from Woodland to the coast where they ended up, it certainly wouldn't be through Naselle. It's completely out of the way. And there's not much there: school, library, post office, a couple of gas stations, a grocery store. There used to be a youth camp nearby, IIRC, and lots of farms. I mean, it's a really small place. Why would they be there?

The stops in Newport and Fort Bragg were mentioned much earlier. It is interesting that the stop in Naselle was not mentioned until today. Someone else already mentioned that they must have stopped there around 5 a.m. to get to Newport by 8:15 a.m. as reported.

Its all so shockingly sad... I worry about what may have happened to Devonte and probably Hannah.

One thing that's sinking in about the cataclysmic destruction is that they couldn't contain these kids, whatever they were running from was big, and that because Devonte was already an international image, the press would be all over it.

So, the fear was so big because had they answered the door, a simple CPS interview might turn into a major national news event, with them being arrested, and carted off to prison, like the Turpins? So they took everyone out.

This whole thing is creepy and sad. We will never know what really happened. I do hope the other kids are found safe and soon. That would truly be a miracle if they are still alive somewhere.

The stops in Newport and Fort Bragg were mentioned much earlier. It is interesting that the stop in Naselle was not mentioned until today. Someone else already mentioned that they must have stopped there around 5 a.m. to get to Newport by 8:15 a.m. as reported.

It really makes me wonder if they stopped there to see someone. I can't think of ANY other reason to be there; as I say, it's totally out of the way if you're heading where they went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam