WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

Where are you Tyler?

If you are out there, please let the police know you are safe. The sheriff's office anonymous tipline number - 425-388-3845. You are 18, they cannot disclose your whereabouts to anyone at all if you don't wish to be found!

My opinion is that he left purposely with a plan. I hope that he's out there safe and alive and healthy somewhere. Have there been any kind of updates from the family at all? On or off the record, even locally? They're really quiet on social media & in the news. Does anyone have any fresh insight now, almost 2 years later?

This is a local case for me so it hits home all the more. I've worried about Tyler. His case reminds me somewhat of Macin Smith.

You know, I like his FB page and haven’t seen any updates at all.. In all fairness I could have missed something as I’m not on FB as much as some. I once
went to his website and it was no longer. I do wish there was more happening on social media by family. I think he’s out there too hopefully happy and doing whatever it is he likes to do. Of all the cases I follow this one haunts me for some reason. Do you think it’s possible Tyler has been in contact with family and they just haven’t shared that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you agree with my theory of what happened? Here is a link to my post exploring the theory that Tyler killed himself: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ukilteo-19-April-2016&p=12719515#post12719515

I very sadly 100% agree, but I believe he jumped off of the "steel bridge". He wouldn't be the first. I am from Shelton, and this is what we used to call it. For someone to travel from out of the area to that location, that would be the only main attraction around, and his behavior unfortunately screams suicide to me.

I very sadly 100% agree, but I believe he jumped off of the "steel bridge". He wouldn't be the first. I am from Shelton, and this is what we used to call it. For someone to travel from out of the area to that location, that would be the only main attraction around, and his behavior unfortunately screams suicide to me.

Why would Tyler travel to Shelton to commit suicide. Is the steel bridge know for suicide jumpers. Most likely Tyler was planning to meet someone in Shelton but meeting never took place or something went wrong Tyler become despondent and jumped off bridge but I think his body would have been found. Is Shelton known as a stopping place for teenage runaways.

The man who picked-up Tyler was he ever question by LE or did he give information only to the Family. According to what I have read I don't believe the man drove him to Shelton but dropped him off nearby so did Tyler walk rest of the way there or did he hitch-hike there. Someone else should have seen him since it was early morning hours and to see a 16yo at that time would looked a bit strange or least to me it would have. Why Shelton. Tyler's ultimate destination was the Olympic National Park but I believe there is a more direct route there from the town Mukilteo so something isn't quite adding up.

Tyler wanted to travel to ONP and this is where Jacob Gray went missing Last April. I hope both of these cases will be resolved in the near future.

Ps.. I would love to see this story on "Disappeared". A new season starts soon.

I thought of that same thing (fave show!) but they would need family cooperation and I don't see that happening. I cant help but think that his leaving has something to do with the dad. In a public comment he said that the "Lord knows all and sees all" and I just got the impression that something went down between the two of them. I think that is why the mom has never said anything, which is just plain weird imo.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/edmonds-area-teen-has-been-missing-for-two-years/

Tyler Christensen’s disappearance has gained attention on social media recently, even though the Edmonds-area teen has been missing for two years.

An article published one year ago about Christensen has been one of the most popular stories on The Daily Herald’s website since April 4. Page views have come in from all over the country, mostly through Google searches. For days it was the No. 1 item, and was still in the top 10 this week.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/edmonds-area-teen-has-been-missing-for-two-years/

Tyler Christensen’s disappearance has gained attention on social media recently, even though the Edmonds-area teen has been missing for two years.

An article published one year ago about Christensen has been one of the most popular stories on The Daily Herald’s website since April 4. Page views have come in from all over the country, mostly through Google searches. For days it was the No. 1 item, and was still in the top 10 this week.

So glad to see it get so much attention. I don’t think it’s gotten enough attention in the past IMO

I believe I read here on WS that an unidentified body was discovered near Tacoma about 2 weeks ago but I have't seen any updates about it. I am hoping its not Tyler but sadly the person belongs to someone.

I wish the family or LE would release an age progression photo of Tyler. Tyler would have more facial hair and longer head hair by now and his body would be more developed. Just a thought.

Tyler if you are out there please let someone know you are alive and well.

June 2 was Tyler's 19th Birthday.

34145517_881936662012730_4925301137357144064_n.jpg

Wish you were home to celebrate your day.

Its sad enough that the Christensen family has to deal with Tyler's disappearance but the death of his sister is another tragedy to deal with and she died two day after Tyler's 19th birthday.

Emily's obituary doesn't give a cause of death so I don't want to speculate how she died but I hope wasn't related to Tyler's disappearance but regardless how she died she was way too young to die.

RIP Emily.

Its sad enough that the Christensen family has to deal with Tyler's disappearance but the death of his sister is another tragedy to deal with and she died two day after Tyler's 19th birthday.

Emily's obituary doesn't give a cause of death so I don't want to speculate how she died but I hope wasn't related to Tyler's disappearance but regardless how she died she was way too young to die.

RIP Emily.

Sadly, it sounds like, according to extended family, it was related. I think it was well-established when Tyler disappeared that he was very close with his sisters. His sister Liz seemed to be the family representative for their social media and internet presence during the searches. But clearly, his absence weighed heavily on his sister Emily, too.

I think we could speculate all day on any connection to Tyler's disappearance. Perhaps depression and/or anxiety runs in their family. There are, of course, darker possibilities. I don't think it is fair to air that here. This is, however, a very sad reality for many families of missing children. The incredible strain on families can not be doubted.

<modsnip - not an allowed source>

And, another note on this case...the website formerly maintained by the family and linked to on their Help Find FB page is now defunct. The domain is for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, this is so sad!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sadly, it sounds like, according to extended family, it was related. I think it was well-established when Tyler disappeared that he was very close with his sisters. His sister Liz seemed to be the family representative for their social media and internet presence during the searches. But clearly, his absence weighed heavily on his sister Emily, too.

I think we could speculate all day on any connection to Tyler's disappearance. Perhaps depression and/or anxiety runs in their family. There are, of course, darker possibilities. I don't think it is fair to air that here. This is, however, a very sad reality for many families of missing children. The incredible strain on families can not be doubted.

<modsnip - not an allowed source>

And, another note on this case...the website formerly maintained by the family and linked to on their Help Find FB page is now defunct. The domain is for sale.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back