GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Waters@MissVWaters
45s46 seconds ago
The #TexMcIver jury has told the Court they'd like to break at 5:00 for the foreseeable future--and they also mentioned Thursday and Friday. Does this mean they know it'll be tough coming to their verdicts? @wsbradio

DbFBWgKUQAAGJTm.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:sheesh:

WSB Radio@wsbradio
7m7 minutes ago
Guilty or Not? #TexMcIver jury deliberations continue. List of charges McIver is facing and the sentences associated with them: http://bit.ly/2EXpAhD .

"Here's a list of the charges McIver is facing and the sentences associated with them:

1. FELONY MURDER (Mandatory Life sentence) (With or Without parole is at judge’s discretion)
1A. INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER (1-10 years in prison)

2. MALICE MURDER (Mandatory Life Sentence) (With or Without parole is at judge’s discretion)
2A. INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER (1-10 years in prison)

3. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT (1-20 years in prison)

4. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM DURING COMMISSION OF A FELONY (5 years tacked onto other sentence)

5. INFLUENCING A WITNESS (1-5 years in prison)

On any charge, but murder, the judge could also give McIver probation."

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
59s60 seconds ago
#TexMcIver - Criminal investigator @DefenseMind tells @AKellerLawCrime in every case he's seen prosecutor Clint Rucker in he deploys "his muddy water close". Watch analysis with @andellbrownlaw and @DefenseMind now https://lawandcrime.com/

DbFEAfhU8AE5aS9.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSB Radio@wsbradio
7m7 minutes ago
Guilty or Not? #TexMcIver jury deliberations continue. List of charges McIver is facing and the sentences associated with them: http://bit.ly/2EXpAhD .

"Here's a list of the charges McIver is facing and the sentences associated with them:

1. FELONY MURDER (Mandatory Life sentence) (With or Without parole is at judge’s discretion)
1A. INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER (1-10 years in prison)

2. MALICE MURDER (Mandatory Life Sentence) (With or Without parole is at judge’s discretion)
2A. INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER (1-10 years in prison)

3. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT (1-20 years in prison)

4. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM DURING COMMISSION OF A FELONY (5 years tacked onto other sentence)

5. INFLUENCING A WITNESS (1-5 years in prison)

On any charge, but murder, the judge could also give McIver probation."

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
59s60 seconds ago
#TexMcIver - Criminal investigator @DefenseMind tells @AKellerLawCrime in every case he's seen prosecutor Clint Rucker in he deploys "his muddy water close". Watch analysis with @andellbrownlaw and @DefenseMind now https://lawandcrime.com/

DbFEAfhU8AE5aS9.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it seems he employed it again and failed to return to the clear water! Freudian slip? I mean for many of us things did not clear up the way the state wanted it to for a guilty of murder verdict.

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
20m20 minutes ago
The jury’s still out in the case of #TexMcIver. Legal analyst @epanitch weighs in on the deliberations.

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/986654169963679745...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow...finally watched the entire Ruker closing and I will say that based upon just an emotional basis he made some great points...I think the photo that will stand out for me is that bag of her remains sitting in some junk closet....that really says it all. Just awful...I think most of us treat our pet remains better. At minimum if you could not find the perfect "western style urn" you get a nice box until you do. That is just disgusting and honestly could be enough for many on that jury to never vote NG on all of those charges...I think he is guaranteed of a conviction but probably not what the state is hoping for. I think Rucker got better as he veered away from the money and just got down to basic emotion and respect for his dead wife and Tex has/had none of that.

Jonna Spilbor and Jesse Weber Talk Tex McIver on Law & Crime Network 04/18/18

[video=youtube;h8zer2OrDRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=h8zer2OrDRQ[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow...finally watched the entire Ruker closing and I will say that based upon just an emotional basis he made some great points...I think the photo that will stand out for me is that bag of her remains sitting in some junk closet....that really says it all. Just awful...I think most of us treat our pet remains better. At minimum if you could not find the perfect "western style urn" you get a nice box until you do. That is just disgusting and honestly could be enough for many on that jury to never vote NG on all of those charges...I think he is guaranteed of a conviction but probably not what the state is hoping for. I think Rucker got better as he veered away from the money and just got down to basic emotion and respect for his dead wife and Tex has/had none of that.

Agreed!! I thought Tex leaving her cremains in a box in the closet was very telling. When my grandma died and was cremated, I buckled the urn with her ashes into the seat belt of my truck on the way to the funeral!! :blushing:

However, as much of a cad as I think he is, I'm still not sure he's guilty. Even if he is, I don't think the state proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. I think they did a great job with what they had - they just didn't have a lot.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
2m2 minutes ago
The #TexMcIver jury has been deliberating for approximately 7 hours. No questions so far today.

Do we have a verdict? There's lots of activity and sound now on the WAT feed.

ETA: Maybe it doesn't mean anything but I've had it streaming all day and this is the first they've shown anything other than the camera focused on the Judge's bench.

Three juror questions:

1. If not guilty on counts 1-4 can #5 be guilty?

2. Can we get back in the car with the gun?

3. Is exhibit 147 (emails) something we can see?

Tex and his team are getting ready to party at the ranch!!

Team Corey and DA looked really pissed.

37m37 minutes ago
#TexMcIver juror questions: 1. If not guilty on counts 1-4, can count 5 be guilty? 2. Can we get back in the car with the gun? 3. Is Exhibit 147, e-mails, something we can see? @wsbradio

27m27 minutes ago
Judge says he's inclined to answer 1: You may convict on all, some, or none; 2: Perhaps. Then #TexMcIver attorney Samuel advocates that answer to 1 is only "Yes." Nothing else. Judge says okay to that. On 3: At least some of it.

25m25 minutes ago
Happening now: Jurors want to know if they acquit #TexMcIver on cts. 1-4, can they still convict on influencing a witness. They also want to see the SUV again and the gun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25m25 minutes ago
#TexMcIver looks a lot less tense after hearing the jury questions @wsbradio

DbF2M5vUwAAW5AM.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Rankin@ajccourts
23m23 minutes ago
Jury has 3 questions in #TexMcIver trial and 1st is a doozy: Can he be not guilty of counts 1-4 (murder, felony murder, agg assault and possession of firearm) and be guilty of count 5? Yes, is the answer. Jury also wants another visit in SUV with the actual gun.; that may happen.

Philip A. Holloway@PhilHollowayEsq
21m21 minutes ago
Fulton DA Paul Howard and team ponder jury questions that suggest they may be considering not guilty on all #TexMcIver charges related to the death of wife.

DbF3ElfVAAANz84.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14m14 minutes ago
#TexMcIver Judge will tell jurors 1. "Yes. A defendant can be found guilty of all, some, or none of the charges." 2. "Perhaps. I'll have a more definitive answer in the morning. 3. "Some parts of 147 are available. You'll receive what you can have tomorrow morning" @wsbradio

DbF4Hq9VMAAvsJ5.jpg

DbF4Hq9VwAAXaKK.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13m13 minutes ago
#TexMcIver Judge says whether the jurors can get back into the crime scene depends on logistically whether the State can get the SUV back here on Thursday

7m7 minutes ago
Jurors asked a telling question in their #TexMcIver deliberations Wednesday.

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/986704342509146112...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Boone@ReporterJCB
1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver jury has gone home for the day. Based on those jury questions the defendant has to be feeling good about his chances. We'll be back Thursday at 9 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea