CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbours said they all got in the car and left so I don't think any kids were missing. I also don't think they left at 3 a.m. but left as soon as SH got back from work, so early Friday evening I believe.

:cow:

Do you have a link/source to where the neighbours definitively saying that 2 adults and all 6 children got into the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this obituary, Jen's mother is listed as Deborah Hart.

It appears that Jen's father was divorced not once, but twice.

Some WS's have commented on the mother's FB and how liberal she seemed, but I think they had found the stepmother's FB page.

Interestingly, at one point Deborah lived within 15 miles of Alexandria, MN, but there is no way to know if Jen was in MN at the time.

https://www.fhwsolutions.com/obituaries/chapel-by-the-sea/jennifer-jean-hart-obituary

Didn’t Sarah say it was her that was sick, not Jen?

Yes, that's why I said it would make more sense if the sick person was Jen:

It would make more sense for the stay-at-home parent to check in and they could have used that as their reasonings, like Jen was sick and at her wits end and needs help.

That's if this was an attempt to buy time and cover their tracks to stay home, not part of their escape plan. If it was about escape it was the working parent who needed the cover story.

Okay good. Now you can see why not leaving a note in this case doesn't prove anything. The absence of a note at the scene doesn't change the facts and doesn't make it any less likely the drive off the cliff was 100% intentional.

Right, it doesn't prove anything, on either side of the question.

Besides, it makes no sense that either of the women would want to 'admit' that this was a murder-suicide. I think they wanted it to be seen as a tragic accident. JMO

I am curious why people pretend there is no drug use at hippie” festivals?

Also, from the account of the friend who gave one child (Ciera?) food at a festival that the child was roughly reprimanded for, they seemed to keep the kids very closely under their watch.

The child was off with someone by herself.

I haven't seen anyone denying drug use at group events, just pointing out that it's not any more prevalent at them than it is anywhere else. There is drug use. As Gitana pointed out, you can find it just about everywhere.The original post said that more than half of the people at the festivals are on drugs and later this turned into this must mean that the children were sexually molested and/or drugged themselves. That's what was being questioned.

In this obituary, Jen's mother is listed as Deborah Hart.

It appears that Jen's father was divorced not once, but twice.

Some WS's have commented on the mother's FB and how liberal she seemed, but I think they had found the stepmother's FB page.

Interestingly, at one point Deborah lived within 15 miles of Alexandria, MN, but there is no way to know if Jen was in MN at the time.

https://www.fhwsolutions.com/obituaries/chapel-by-the-sea/jennifer-jean-hart-obituary

Sarah’s mother is liberal. Have not seen that about Jen’s mother

TY. I have also seen the one by CHP saying braking till 70ft then accelerating. Braking = slowing. Pity we don't have a media thread for all the links so they're all in one place. Has anyone started one?

Do you have a link/source to where the neighbours definitively saying that 2 adults and all 6 children got into the car?

IIRC the neighbors (DeKalbs) saw CPS arrive, no one opened the door. They noticed the family and Yukon were gone the next morning.

Human, it's less that and more fighting the assumptions that everyone does or that because one attends one they must use.

I must say, this site can get really confusing, like a child's game of gossip. I brought up the possibility of sexual abuse at any festival that may have been associated with Osho, based on what happened to children in the Osho community in the 1980s. Pure conjecture.

<modsnip>

So in that light, the "hippie" festivals, which may be of different kinds, pose questions.

What has the temperature been in that area since the accident? Where do the homeless people seek shelter? Do you encounter fringe characters and/or homeless people hanging around in town? Would it be possible to break into one of the summer properties and hide out?

If you mean Mendocino area and Ft Bragg, I am. I lived there briefly. It is unbelievably remote, and I found it "dark" and depressing from all the redwoods and forest, even close to the coast. It also felt secretive, like lots of people went there to run from scrutiny. We had to get a new cellphone that worked in the area, because only one cell carrier did. (8 yrs ago) We also couldn't find a rental (thank goodness!). One rental we visited, the owner told us that the previous tenants had a meth lab in the garage. We said no thank you. There is an extreme housing shortage there, and no jobs. Houses are few and very expensive. Mostly summer residents from places like San Francisco, except there were some houses in Ft Bragg that were more modest. The few jobs are seasonal for tourism. Winter starts early and ends late. Lots of poverty, marijuana growing (legal and illegal), homelessness. I do remember meeting several lesbian couples, and there are at least a few lesbian-friendly inns on the coast. It's unbelievable beautiful. But everyone knows how often people fall off the cliffs or the cliffs give way. If they had visited before there are signs everywhere, regarding cliff danger. When they say nobody saw them, it didn't surprise me. If you wanted to run, Mendocino and Ft Bragg are ideal. The only ways in were 2-lane roads when I was there, and very dangerous twisty-turny ones. Hope that helps.

Where do the homeless people seek shelter? Do you encounter fringe characters and/or homeless people hanging around in town? Would it be possible to break into one of the summer properties and hide out?

From my experience there, I would say yes, there are lots of homeless people and fringe characters around town. As for breaking into summer properties, some are very isolated, so it could be possible. Do you mean the children?

Just like any group, "hippies" live a variety of lifestyles. Some are new age and reject drug use, opting to be "high on life". Some use nothing other than organics, ie, marijuana and mushrooms. Some stick to alcohol, and a few do other kinds of drugs ie LSD. Since J & S chose alcohol and benedryl for the last ride, I would assume that they weren't frequent users of other drugs. Alcohol and benedryl aren't the "go to's" for frequent drug users. IMO

Okay good. Now you can see why not leaving a note in this case doesn't prove anything. The absence of a note at the scene doesn't change the facts and doesn't make it any less likely the drive off the cliff was 100% intentional.

PS:
In my original post I said "about 25%" so... :dunno: :wink:

:peace:

Not leaving a note could mean it was a murder suicide with no note (67 % leave no note right? )
or it could just mean it wasnt a suicide. So I :dunno: either.

Have there been any searches on their previous properties ?
Cadaver dogs ?
Still thinking something heinous may have occurred that made those women flee.
As of now-- I doubt the two kids who are still missing are 'hiding out' somewhere.
They would have emerged by now ; out of hunger. But who knows-- given how terrified they must have been. :(
:moo:

TY. I have also seen the one by CHP saying braking till 70ft then accelerating. Braking = slowing. Pity we don't have a media thread for all the links so they're all in one place. Has anyone started one?

No, but you’re welcome to. :)

From googling, here’s what the CHP said. There was no braking mentioned, just a complete stop.

The California Highway Patrol on Sunday said evidence suggests that the SUV carrying the family that drove off the side of the Pacific Coast Highway was at one point stopped and then accelerated off the side of the road.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/0...ccelerated-off-california-cliff-chp-says.html

During a Sunday evening press conference, CHP officials said evidence showed that the SUV carrying the family had come to a complete stop before accelerating off the cliff.
Capt. Greg Baarts with the CHP Northern Division says information pulled from the SUV’s software shows the vehicle was stopped at the highway pullout about 70 feet from the edge before driving straight on, speeding off the steep rocky face and plunging 100 feet and plunging off the cliff.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/04/01/chp-deadly-suv-crash-mendocino-cliff-intentional/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member