CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because of his natural charisma and he was willing to please his mom's by entertaining everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

THIS sounds correct. Just willing to let her soak up all the attention she NEEDED.

The obituaries released by that funeral home are so oddly written. My first thought is that they were actually not written, but generated by some kind of bot. But it's for a small local business, it looks like, so it probably isn't that. Just very oddly worded.

Such lovely children! However, the more photos/videos I see, the more I'm really turned off by the focus on Devonte and lack of such for the others. Again, I'm not sure what it means, lacking more information about their personalities. On the face of it, though, I can't help but get the feeling that he's just the center of their life (for whatever reason.) The others merely orbit around him. Supporting cast...
BBM

This has been quoted before, but it may explain the focus on Devonte. Jen, talking about his first night with them, said that she felt more connected to him than anyone ever (what a slap to Sarah). After describing his horrible prior life, she says:

“That night, after we finally got him to sleep, I cried harder than I had ever cried in my life. I felt like there was no way we could raise this child, and the five others we had adopted.”

Yet, she says, there was something inexplicable pulling at her heart.

“I felt more connected to this fragile little boy more than I had ever felt to anyone in my life.”

With their unconditional love, nurturing natures, patience and acceptance, Devonte defied all odds and has grown into a young charismatic man with a heart of gold.
BBM

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chloe-johnson/meet-devonte_b_6136384.html

I thought the same thing. The Yukon is built like a tank for hardcore mountain driving and rollovers. I don’t think they all died instantly. JMO

BBM

I'm wondering if in this case, it's not so much about the strength or integrity of the vehicle, but more about what happens to the body with a rapid deceleration. I'm not an expert, but I've heard that there are 3 types of impact/trauma in this type of an accident: the vehicle impacts an object, the passengers impact the interior of vehicle (and each other) and the passengers' "insides" (internal organs) impact each other or are damaged/torn (think aorta, spleen, brain etc.)

IMO, pending autopsy report(s)

According to a recent post here today the drop was 75 feet not a 100 feet. I am surprised more of the family didnt survive.

Are you thinking of the distance of the turnout from highway to the cliff, perhaps? That was 75 ft. I don’t recall reading that the cliff wasn’t 100, but I could have missed it.

The cliff plunge has been variously reported as from 75 to 100 feet, with an additional 70' of "pure acceleration all the way" over the edge. That height is akin to accelerating to top speed off an 8-story building. No chance of survival, particularly with no seat belts, particularly with jagged rock outcroppings and ocean water entering the crushed vehicle. I believe necks would've been broken and death instantaneous for any passengers. It's not just the drop, but the acceleration/speed prior to the plunge that affects impact.

JMO.

I understand what you're saying and I agree re: role playing. My question is more in line with why him as the golden child? Why not Jeremiah or Ciera or Abigail? They all seemed to have potential for personality yet he was pushed to the center more. What did he in particular represent for Jen and Sarah that the others didn't symbolize? Just wondering... because they seem very strategic and decisive.

If you read the articles it was ve explained. It isn’t role playing but the different structures,

I think we all agree that Jen and Sarah were bad or crazy people and what they did was heinous. End of story. Then why post anything? If I were a real detective I would look at all the aspects of those children's lives, including festivals and social media, because there's not much else. In any cop show I've seen, they make conclusions based on behavior. They have to. Those are theories. It isn't judgement. Then they work to disprove those theories. I for one find those festivals super odd, since they seem to be one of the few events of outside life. And then they stop. What purpose were they serving? Those of you who attend such festivals, do you take your children? Are they for the music, the crafts, the events? And how do you know the festivals you go to are like the ones they went to. Just asking. I want to know.
I go for the the music, if there is a craft show...that is a bonus.

I understand what you're saying and I agree re: role playing. My question is more in line with why him as the golden child? Why not Jeremiah or Ciera or Abigail? They all seemed to have potential for personality yet he was pushed to the center more. What did he in particular represent for Jen and Sarah that the others didn't symbolize? Just wondering... because they seem very strategic and decisive.
Did he become the center AFTER the hug from LE? Or was he always the center?

Did he become the center AFTER the hug from LE? Or was he always the center?

Check out the article I posted in post #606. It seems he was always the focus for Jen.
JMO

I thought the same thing. The Yukon is built like a tank for hardcore mountain driving and rollovers. I don’t think they all died instantly. JMO

I can’t even think that....just can’t.

I only saw Jen's obituary. Where are the others listed at? Thank you

FBI press release saying kids could be traveling together- wasnt sure if it had been posted already so deleted but HERE IT IS!

http://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...hildren-could-currently-be-traveling-together

My heart leaped in my chest! I don't really have hope, but I'm praying they're alive out there somewhere!

I just joined to post this here. I saw this comment on one of Jen Hart's youtube videos (The Thanksgiving one).

see comment by NC 1 week ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrp2EXBHmE0 

When I see it, it says comments are disabled for this video.

ETA nm, I see you have to click around to find the thanksgiving one. Oh my. What a comment!

He does seem like the favorite. But why was he the favorite and not the others?

I can see from photos/video that he's very charming, outgoing, vivacious, etc. Some people just have magnetic personalities. However, a good parent will try to balance that with the others. There are various ways to do this, and some parents are excellent at it; others simply "play up" the magnetic one. I think it's easier and in this case, it brought the parents tons of attention.

Don't really know, but just thinking aloud on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk