LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

True, but the community wa completely invested in looking for him and setting u rewards until they weren't. This tells me LE knows more than is public at the moment.

Very true. There were lots of people wanting to help that were turned away. I also think the family could generate more coverage but they don’t seem to be pushing for it.

As I mentioned previously, it really bothered me that the step-dad steered the mom away from the cameras after a very short, ‘pleading-for-her-son’s-return’ appearance. There was something about the way he did it that was very off-putting - like, ‘Okay, we’re done here. Let’s blow this joint.’ Just odd to me but JMO

As I mentioned previously, it really bothered me that the step-dad steered the mom away from the cameras after a very short, ‘pleading-for-her-son’s-return’ appearance. There was something about the way he did it that was very off-putting - like, ‘Okay, we’re done here. Let’s blow this joint.’ Just odd to me but JMO

i agree, and IMO almost like he was making sure she would keep quiet, not say to much, it was definitely weird.

So sad. Another sweet little one, so huggable,and precious.
My hinky meter is way up, but have to keep mum. Which is why I haven 't commented till now.
Sweet Babe I hope they find you today.

Please whomever has my baby, ("Junior) please look after him, don't frighten him.
Please feed him (his favourite food is).., give him drinks (his favourite drink is xyz.) keep him warm. But please let him come home to where he belongs. I love him so much and miss him, please let him go. He has done nothing wrong.

I will do anything, just let my baby free.
Thank you

I could go on and on but you get the picture.

^^^^ the expected, yet all's we see/hear is tumbleweed.

Some locals were supposed to go search the woods again with LE permission, but it rained last night and today so I don’t know if they went.

False rumor circulating on Facebook
It has been brought to our attention that there is a rumor circulating on fb that Junior Phillips has been found. This is false information. CPSO will update as soon as the child is found. Please do not entertain information that does not come from a reliable source.
https://www.facebook.com/CLAIBORNEPARISHSO/
http://www.ksla.com/story/38014858/false-rumor-about-missing-claiborne-parish-boy

I hadn't heard that rumor but then I've been avoiding SM posts about Rondreiz.

I can easily see how this rumor started, especially given that the stepdad was reported to be outside working on his truck at the time of the disappearance. I’m just trying to see in black and white and it’s not possible at this point. I can read this as them just saying that but didn’t have any evidence of this theory (yet), or as clearing them as suspects. Pretty grey.

It just seems so odd to try and cover up an accident, and make it seem like a major crime. They look more suspicious now than if they had just called 911 about an innocent tragic accident. Plenty of people have made the horrible mistake of running over their young child. No one is arrested criminally unless they are drunk or high while it happened.

I think this is just a wild rumor.

Has the 911 call been released?

There hasn't been news on Rondreiz in several days.

I believe LE really has no concrete leads at this point. Even rumors are quiet. Where are you, Junior?

Stepdad of missing Claiborne child arrested on other charges

The stepfather of a Claiborne Parish child missing since Thursday, April 5, is in custody on unrelated charges.
8e2d10acd83ffc418a16c1b242ea1f6c.jpg

Nicholas Gilbert, was picked up in Lincoln Parish around 10 a.m. Tuesday morning by deputies with the Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office on an outstanding warrant for theft of scrap metal.

He was booked into LPDC as a fugitive from another jurisdiction.

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff's Office has since picked up Gilbert for booking in Claiborne.
Sheriff Ken Bailey confirmed the arrest and said the warrant was issued by the town of Homer, and he believed it was from some time ago.
Bailey said Gilbert will have a 72-hour arraignment at the detention center and a court date will be set for formal arraignment.
When asked if Gilbert was picked up on the outstanding warrant due to a possible link to the disappearance of his stepson Rondreiz Cortez "Junior" Phillips, age 4, Bailey said, "We got a warrant on him. We picked him up on the warrant, and we may talk to him about that."

[...]

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/n...borne-child-arrested-other-charges/546377002/

When asked if Gilbert was picked up on the outstanding warrant due to a possible link to the disappearance of his stepson Rondreiz Cortez "Junior" Phillips, age 4, Bailey said, "We got a warrant on him. We picked him up on the warrant, and we may talk to him about that."

oh oh, seems like they are suspicious of his account of the way the boy went missing......hope they can interrogate him successfully.:thinking:

Stepdad of missing Claiborne child arrested on other charges

The stepfather of a Claiborne Parish child missing since Thursday, April 5, is in custody on unrelated charges.
8e2d10acd83ffc418a16c1b242ea1f6c.jpg

Nicholas Gilbert, was picked up in Lincoln Parish around 10 a.m. Tuesday morning by deputies with the Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office on an outstanding warrant for theft of scrap metal.

He was booked into LPDC as a fugitive from another jurisdiction.

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff's Office has since picked up Gilbert for booking in Claiborne.
Sheriff Ken Bailey confirmed the arrest and said the warrant was issued by the town of Homer, and he believed it was from some time ago.
Bailey said Gilbert will have a 72-hour arraignment at the detention center and a court date will be set for formal arraignment.

[...]

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/n...borne-child-arrested-other-charges/546377002/

I think we can guess where this is heading

So the warrant was outstanding, but they waited 3 full weeks to arrest him? This is at least his 5th arrest for theft/burglary in the past 10 years. Seems the local LE should be well acquainted with him. They obviously had a reason not to arrest him immediately.

How many cases have we followed where an arrest happens on unrelated charges then.......sometimes LE is quiet for good reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back