OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig County DA Matt Ballard speaking now
Yesterday there was an arrest int he case
They ID'd 3 perps, 2 have died
Charges filed against Ronnie Dean Busick
4 counts murder
2 counts kidnapping
1st degree arson
Others suspected perps were Phil Welch and Dave Pennington (spellings?) and they have since died

They believe there are others with knowledge of where the girls bodies may be located
Girls were believed to have been kept alive for days
Polaroid photos of the girls were seen by multiple people
perps made multiple comments on the crime to other people while still alive

Recapping all LE have done to search for the girls
Not one person or one event lead them here today
The charges brought would not have been made possible if not for the teamwork of multiple agencies and investigators over the years

oh no :( poor girls ! I really have thought they missed them in the fire all of these years ......heartbreaking

"We will not rest until Ashley and Lauria are brought home to their families"
Asking for tips
There is still a $50,000 private reward

Here‘s one with a photo.
4788ae8cde0728057d8b888ce310ad5e.jpg

https://arrestfacts.com/Ronnie-Busick-6r6X5

Oh.
My.
Gosh.

Who thought this day would ever come?

Daily Oklahoman:

Update: Charges filed in northeast Oklahoma cold case

Charges were filed Monday in the 18-year-old case of two teenagers who disappeared from the burning mobile home where one girl’s parents had been gunned down.

An insurance card discovered by private investigators proved to be a key in the Craig County quadruple homicide.

Ronnie Dean Busick, 66, is charged in Craig County District Court with four counts of first degree murder, two counts of kidnapping and one count of arson. Busick is in custody at a jail in Harvey County, Kansas.

The other suspects are Warren Phillip Welch II, 61, who died in 2007 and David A. Pennington, 56, who died in 2015.

The teens’ bodies are still missing. They are believed to be in a pit or mineshaft in the area known as the Tar Creek Superfund site in the northeast Oklahoma or “dumped in a cellar that was later covered in concrete,” according to a 29-page probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Craig County District Court.

He is also on Facebook. This is so awful. I've been following this case for years, but knowing these details is already making me sick.

I always told myself if I had the power to get answers for ANY case, this is the one I’d chose. My heart just absolutely breaks for the Bible’s. We knew something was coming, according to the FB page, but I didn’t expect this. Weird they waited a few days.

can anyone tell me why David Pennington sounds so familiar?

To know they were alive and people had actually seen polaroid's of them!! Are you serious? How did they sleep at night!! Disgusting! Those innocent little girls who were terrified and confused! Just sickening!!

He is also on Facebook. This is so awful. I've been following this case for years, but knowing these details is already making me sick.

I found his FB. He and Lauria Bible's mother have a friend in common. Last name Pennington.

Full presser: https://www.fox23.com/news/suspect-in-custody-in-ashley-freeman-laura-bible-case/736951734

Here are the most recent DOC pictures of Ronnie Busick, he's in custody now in Newton, Kansas.
Investigators say Busick, Welch, & Pennington killed Danny & Kathy, burned down their home and kidnapped Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman. They still need tips to find bodies. @FOX23
https://twitter.com/tiffanyalaniz/status/988495806805303298?s=21

Thanks, CV. I had to reboot my laptop and missed the family speaking. It's about 15 minutes into the presser on the fb video: https://www.facebook.com/NewsOn6/videos/10157977239292837/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998