Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So odd though, that the Hart kids were prominently featured, including what looks to be Markis and Jerimiah on the Twitter handle avi?

Seems too close a connection- but maybe this hindsight making me question?

Jen sure seemed to emulate these ladies in how she spoke. I actually thought the twitter handle was Jen for a minute and it was her way of pawning herself off as an adoption expert.

Wonder what the reason was for shut down of the agency?
Seems rather sketchy

- They probably got her permission to use the photo ( also to avoid copyrights issues.) JH was active on FB as the main social media platform, but she had accounts on YouTube, Instagram and GoodReads. Couldn't find her onTwitter.
- Yes, she was a big mouth but any average follower or a trained and qualified social worker could easily have debunked her lies. She was a terrible liar.
- I think the Oregon site could follow up, since they were the first (?) to mention this Minnesota-based NGO.
- Very sketchy and fishy : They called the parents in their magazines 'approved adoptive parents': approved by whom ? On which criteria? Some ads were like the hyper malls ones ( jmo moo

- They probably got her permission to use the photo ( also to avoid copyrights issues.) JH was active on FB as the main social media platform, but she had accounts on YouTube, Instagram and GoodReads. Couldn't find her onTwitter.
- Yes, she was a big mouth but any average follower or a trained and qualified social worker could easily have debunked her lies. She was a terrible liar.
- I think the Oregon site could follow up, since they were the first (?) to mention this Minnesota-based NGO.
- Very sketchy and fishy : They called the parents in their magazines 'approved adoptive parents': approved by whom ? On which criteria? Some ads were like the hyper malls ones ( jmo moo

Do you think Sarah and Jen were friends of these people and that is why they could adopt with even a criminal charge?

Thanks KaBoom.

But just so you know, that's not the full CPS report. That's more like the summary, which is only 12 pages long. There's a longer, more detailed 30 page report which is formatted differently and is like an itemized list of all communications/interactions over the years.

The latter full report is embedded at the bottom of the KATU article Bramworthy linked to upthread.

Do you think Sarah and Jen were friends of these people and that is why they could adopt with even a criminal charge?

I don't see them hang out with the same circles but they probably kept a good connection just in case. The NGO used SH's photo kissing one of the adopted children in a cover of a (not sure about the month) 2011 issue of their magazine. I didn't get the impression of a responsible entity that would follow adoptees even for a reasonable period of time. Reports of violations and abuse have been around since 2008 and till Jan 2011 in the same state, and they either didn't dig enough to investigate or simply ignored it. Jmo moo

I'm a dentist, not in the US. I have seen two patients in the past twelve months who have lost front teeth during falls-one 16 year old lost the same two as Hannah was missing when she fainted, and hit something. The second, and older lady, sadly lost six-three upper front teeth, and three lower, when she fell whilst bushwalking, and hit a rock. (She also fractured her arm, and had nasty soft tissue injuries) Teeth can be lost in falls. That said, however they were lost, they should have been replaced with a denture of some sort. (Hannah was too young to have implants)
That the children hadn't seen a dentist sadly doesn't surprise me. Where I live, there is an excellent public dental system, which, even if the family has a high income, will provide all dental treatment for a really nominal cost, (about $50 per year per family) to all children under 18, and probably 25% of kids attend for routine care. It is very depressing. I'm a private dentist, and even families that I know have a very high income do not attend regularly for routine examinations mostly.
All the photos I've seen show beautiful teeth. The kid's weren't getting too much sugar, that's for sure. (I've seen the photo of Devonte that may show an amalgam filling-yes, they are still used-and can't tell if it is or isn't a filling, does look like it though)
Wouldn't it be great if they are roaming around somewhere?

I wonder if JH did this for either of the teeth: (They were knocked out, as I recall, in separate incidents. Hannah was very clumsy.)

http://www.tcdmadison.com/DentistryBlog/AdultToothLoss

Did Texas pay the adoption agency too?

Yes. Agencies get a monetary amount for each child they participate in finalizing adoption. It isn’t a very large amount but times six kids, it added up, of course. I doubt an agency that didn’t place a LOT of kids could function on that alone though unless it is a higher amount for an out of state family.

I should have written it more clearly.

There were “friends”of the Harts giving their positive love for the Harts and their parenting. They were people from the festivals which was their thing. Hence, festival people as opposed to neighbor people.

I was surprised at the accolades so I question those people who supported them and their approach to parenting.

I am continually surprised by people who say they had corporal punishment and thaf they turned out ok.

I now live in a Third World country that has 55% unemployment. I was talking with my friend who has two children. Her ex husband was beaten with a belt and other objects. He said that he would never raise his children like that and he has not. My friend says she is so sad when she sees a parent hit the child. She has an eighth grade education.

Her mother used to hit her with a switch until all of the leaves were gone.

My friend says that her sister in law hits her child and her brother does as well. Her mother now points out how my friend does not hit her child and thaf is the way to ge (my friend does not like to be pointed out like that as her sibs get angry)

In this land of huge difficulties where I live, parents with little school education have realized hitting children is a bad idea,

In America, the richest place on earth, hitting children is still ok as long as marks are not left. It boggles my mind

In that case I'd think "people" would be the group whose parenting skills and ability to recognize abuse you're questioning, or "American people" - not just people from one specific group that the Harts fit into, like small-town folk or South Dakotans or lesbians or ....

I'd guess a lot of these people didn't actually witness immediate examples of abuse, and the Harts were able to explain away the more nebulous signs such as physical size. They seem to have been able to control their inappropriate behavior and affect in public, as many abusers do. In a more intimate setting, with a smaller audience, such as in Alexandra's house, things got dicier. The only incident I'm aware of in public was Ciera being berated for being selfish with the food - and that friend seems to have questioned it.

I for one wish that their estranged family members, who evidently had some disagreements with them about parenting methods, had dropped a dime on them. But that assumes they saw something concrete, as opposed to merely getting a bad vibe. In the end, no one who is not a professional childcare worker is to blame for this, except the Hart women.

JMO.

In that case I'd think "people" would be the group whose parenting skills and ability to recognize abuse you're questioning, or "American people" - not just people from one specific group that the Harts fit into, like small-town folk or South Dakotans or lesbians or ....

I'd guess a lot of these people didn't actually witness immediate examples of abuse, and the Harts were able to explain away the more nebulous signs such as physical size. They seem to have been able to control their inappropriate behavior and affect in public, as many abusers do. In a more intimate setting, with a smaller audience, such as in Alexandra's house, things got dicier. The only incident I'm aware of in public was Ciera being berated for being selfish with the food - and that friend seems to have questioned it.

I for one wish that their estranged family members, who evidently had some disagreements with them about parenting methods, had dropped a dime on them. But that assumes they saw something concrete, as opposed to merely getting a bad vibe. In the end, no one who is not a professional childcare worker is to blame for this, except the Hart women.

JMO.

You're right. They seemed to put on very good fronts whenever they were around most people. If 90% of what people saw was positive, then they'd be more likely to overlook any strange comment or incident that might have arisen. When people DID start questioning them, the women cut them out of their lives.

I don't blame the friends and acquaintances for any of this. The women were good at what they did. They knew how to create a public facade and stick with it. They manipulated.

Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives!
https://twitter.com/permanentfamily
- The NGO worked mostly on children from Texas. In 2009, out of 46 children adopted, "35 were from Texas."
- I found a thread about 'grey/ gray arket adobtion' on your forum https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ies-and-leads/page2&highlight=permanentfamily Entry number 263 by user Mum mentioned this NGO :
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...tion-Theories-and-leads&p=4814064#post4814064
- The couple's ad on the NGO site below (from Internet Archive as the website is no longer available):
Family Name: Jennifer & Sara H.
# of Children In Home: 3
Characteristics of Family: Jen and Sarah are experienced parents that have fostered one child and have adopted three children; Markis, Hannah & Abigail. They are a fun, active family. The whole family is eager to open their hearts and their home to adopted children.
Age Range: 0-8
Ethnicity: Any
# Children Desired: 1-3
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow Mira_Eg, well done. The part I bolded above that shows on the old Twitter account (general question for anyone) is that standard adoption agency language, "across state lines" ? Or is that a cue of some kind?

ETA: have you notified a reporter of your finds? Links/addresses below for local reporters staying on top of this story:
Molly Young at the Oregonian: http://connect.oregonlive.com/staff/young-mk/posts.html
Evan Bush Seattle Times: https://www.seattletimes.com/author/evan-bush/
Nina Shapiro Seattle Times: https://www.seattletimes.com/author/nina-shapiro/

^^^^^ Is SH's right hand deformed in that photo??

The same link works for me as well. I was just going to post it from my bookmarks. Unless kizzykat and I have the entire document cached, I'd imagine this link would work for anyone whether they've accessed it before or not.

Thanks for posting the link, it works fine for me (Chrome browser if that matters) and I had not opened it before.

attachment.php

A bit off topic but it's disturbing to see how easy it would be drive off the cliff via this view (intentional or unintentional). I realize that guardrails would diminish the view but geez, this seems abundantly dangerous. A wooden guardrail or posts would be better than nothing.

Attachments

• Cliff.png
    Cliff.png
    778.9 KB · Views: 346
Remember in the scribd 30 page report, I think it is said that the kids were not allowed to laugh. I think they were supposed to be slient at other times? It is hard to keep,up with all of the abuse
Yes! It seems Jen couldn't tolerate kids at all, not even their laughter. Im now more sure than ever she adopted for the income only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member