CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a lot like one of the Maggiore composites.

was this composite made by one of the GSK victims? the picture of him as a cop is eerilyalike to that composite

..roger that....yes, possibly.....but I was thinking if he bought it when he was a cop, wouldn't cops want dog repellent since they might have to go into homes/backyards?
..but, yes--not many people buy dog repellent--true

Then he'd just buy it outright. But to stop lift and freak out. They had to restrain him. That should have raised red flags. But hindsight 20/20.

They actually did confirm a tip at the press conference. It was the first DA who spoke but when she was speaking the second time. They started surveilling him 6 days ago after a tip and he was confirmed through discarded DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks keeley! I somehow missed that at the press conference i;m sorry. Was anyone else bothered by the way they are politicizing this to make it an issue about collecting dna from non violent offenders? I think the real overall issue here is Police Integrity! Seriously this guy was TERRORIZING California and he's a ****ing police officer? You want to collect dna from non violent drug offenders when all you had to do was collect dna from police officers? What in the actual ****!?

im often annoyed by that. read: steinle case. I hope they just focus on prosecuting this monster.

Hey thanks keeley! I somehow missed that at the press conference i;m sorry. Was anyone else bothered by the way they are politicizing this to make it an issue about collecting dna from non violent offenders? I think the real overall issue here is Police Integrity! Seriously this guy was TERRORIZING California and he's a ****ing police officer? You want to collect dna from non violent drug offenders when all you had to do was collect dna from police officers? What in the actual ****!?

Im glad they changed the name because years ago I was getting it confused with Ramirez title. So they were right about that.

I credit the books author with coming up with a good name for him and also the renewed interest in the case which led to his arrest.

I get enjoyment just thinking about how the monster must have felt when he was awoke at 2:30am with a knock at the door from LE to arrest him.

He had no idea it was coming and he most likely felt he would go to his grave without getting caught. Hope they do a good job of suicide watch on him. We need to have him be dragged through the trial procedures to make him see what a criminal like him now needs to go through.

Then when its all over let him rot in a cage for many years to come. Suicide is too easy for him. Better watch him now.

They arrested him yesterday afternoon as he was coming out of his house. The Sacramento Bee is the local paper and has a ton of articles plus interviews with LE, neighbors and friends. Lots of accurate information.

http://www.sacbee.com/

:happydance:Soooo happy they caught this perp. Im watching C&J on HLN and it says DNA was taken about 6 days ago. maybe from trash or another source? I wonder what got the ball rolling? cant wait to hear more about this

Yeah, Trace DNA is "discarded DNA" that can be obtained through garbage, leftover food, other items, etc., or just by touching a door handle or knob.

So the police didn't even bother to look at a police officers whose movement lined up exactly with the timeline AND who were terminated for breaking the law?

So you want DNA from non offending police officers but not non violent drug offenders? Seems irrational given the statistics on who is more likely to be a violent murderer....and he killed most of the people (we know about anyway) after he was fired.

for blunt force trauma and repelling their dogs when he broke in their house.
on further thought, how many people buy dog repellent and why? some bikers and this guy was still biking
I'm not seeing this as a red flag......a possibility--yes.....it says he reconned the targets very carefully---it would seem he would be looking for evidence of dogs

on further thought, how many people buy dog repellent and why? some bikers and this guy was still biking
I'm not seeing this as a red flag......a possibility--yes.....it says he reconned the targets very carefully---it would seem he would be looking for evidence of dogs

Bronk how are you not taking this in? I'll put it in capital letters, HE DID NOT BUY THESE ITEMS, HE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THEM.

If that's not a red flag from a serving police officer, I don't know what is. If he wanted them for any law abiding purpose, or even any mildly illegal purpose, he would have just walked up to the cash register with them. The fact that he was prepared to run the risk of being caught shoplifting rather than have those purchases on record is the salient point here, not the items themselves.

Curious as to others thoughts on this... Of course it's very early and there are more unknowns than knowns... But I've been thinking about whether this will be one to fight/deny both in and out of court, whether he will plead NG and continue to torment families.
Or at this point, potentially faced with the overwhelming and undeniable DNA evidence (and more- perhaps souvenirs from victim's homes, etc) would he bask in recounting the details of his crimes and how he elluded authorities and capture all of these years.
To me even though the arrest came as a shock to this sob, he will still try to exercise some kind of control and manipulation in the days, years, and processes to come. It would be nice (and highly unexpected imo) though if he just pled guilty and waived his right to any appeals, etc. Just confess and rot in a cell for life.

its a big state and this was multi jurisdictional. also, this was before www.

So the police didn't even bother to look at a police officers whose movement lined up exactly with the timeline AND who were terminated for breaking the law?

Bronk how are you not taking this in? I'll put it in capital letters, HE DID NOT BUY THESE ITEMS, HE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THEM.

If that's not a red flag from a serving police officer, I don't know what is. If he wanted them for any law abiding purpose, or even any mildly illegal purpose, he would have just walked up to the cash register with them. The fact that he was prepared to run the risk of being caught shoplifting rather than have those purchases on record is the salient point here, not the items themselves.

Wow exactly great post! How could they not know that's ridiculous

true... who knows. I think mail men buy it too.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ear7.jpg
    ear7.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 531
  • ear9.jpg
    ear9.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 494
  • ear8.jpg
    ear8.jpg