CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shoplifted a can of dog repellent and this wasn't a red flag to other officers?

during a spree of burglaries with injured dogs sprayed with repellant and hit possibly with a hammer. It would have raised my eyebrows. Maybe it never was reported properly? Beat cops vs detectives.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This guy was married more than once it seems.

Tulare County's county seat is Visalia. Based on the Visalia Ransacker crimes described in Michelle's book, I though for sure it was the same guy as the EAR/GSK (breaking and entering, stealing personal effects) despite the discrepancy in the physical description that caused some to doubt it. Turns out, it IS most likely him! DeAngelo was a police officer in Exeter. WOW.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article209829249.html

Since he was a cop that committed a lot of these crimes while he was an active officer, could his victims from that period sue the police department for negligence in handling the case since he was amongst them all that time?

So you want DNA from non offending police officers but not non violent drug offenders? Seems irrational given the statistics on who is more likely to be a violent murderer....and he killed most of the people (we know about anyway) after he was fired.

Why wouldn't all police DNA be on file? (obviously his wouldn't as like you said he was fired in 79)

I cant even keep up YOU GUYS!!!!!!! omigod , I just finished the book and my head is just in a Twister..!!!! he was a cop and a serial killer in Austrialia? WHAAATTTTT??? omigod..holy moley.

Wow!!! I just heard about this now! Amazing.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Bronk how are you not taking this in? I'll put it in capital letters, HE DID NOT BUY THESE ITEMS, HE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THEM.

If that's not a red flag from a serving police officer, I don't know what is. If he wanted them for any law abiding purpose, or even any mildly illegal purpose, he would have just walked up to the cash register with them. The fact that he was prepared to run the risk of being caught shoplifting rather than have those purchases on record is the salient point here, not the items themselves.

You bring up a decent point but I think you are unaware of how many people steal because of the thrill, it doesnt have much to do with not being able to afford anything. I know personally know wealthy people who have stolen random items from stores

“The former police officer suspected of being the Golden State Killer once asked his brother-in-law what he thought about the serial murderer and rapist and what he would do if he confronted him, it has been reported.

James Huddle, the brother of Joseph James DeAngelo’s wife, was informed by a news site, Oxygen.com, that his in-law had been arrested as the main suspect in the decades-long cold case.

‘Oh my goodness,’ Huddle said. ‘Wow. I'll have to process this.’
'He actually asked me about it once,' Huddle said.

'He said: "What do you think of that East Area Rapist? What would you do, Jim?"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-State-Killer-asked-case.html#ixzz5DjJmxbxv

Who is the East Side Rapist?

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209823959.html

DeAngelo graduated from Folsom High School in June 1964 before enlisting in the U.S. Navy and going to fight in Vietnam, according to newspaper clippings. After returning from the war, he earned an associate's degree in police science from Sierra College and a bachelor's degree in criminal justice with a focus on criminal law from Sacramento State. He then interned with the Roseville Police Department for a short period of time before moving south.

DeAngelo worked as a police officer in Exeter, a city about 10 miles from Visalia, from 1973 to 1976 [many homes ransacked, and a murder —- connected?]

officer with the Auburn Police Department from 1976, when he is believed to have committed his first rape, until his termination in 1979

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209823959.html#storylink=cpy

So, where was he living when he committed the murders in Ventura, Irvine, etc.? I suppose they're still putting all this together, as they said, the case is still active.

JMO, the more I'm reading about these recent developments in these cases, the more I lean to them getting their tip via familial DNA through a database like Ancestry.com, 23&Me, etc. Just a hunch.

It's strange in retrospect how perfectly he fits the bill. Angry. Military police background. Arrest record for stealing weapons to injure dogs and people. Lives nearby. Inadequate . Right age . Ceases as he ages out.

So you want DNA from non offending police officers but not non violent drug offenders? Seems irrational given the statistics on who is more likely to be a violent murderer....and he killed most of the people (we know about anyway) after he was fired.

lmao who is more likely to be a violent murderer would be the people with a history of violence.. Not the non violent drug dealers o,O

Bronk how are you not taking this in? I'll put it in capital letters, HE DID NOT BUY THESE ITEMS, HE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL THEM.

If that's not a red flag from a serving police officer, I don't know what is. If he wanted them for any law abiding purpose, or even any mildly illegal purpose, he would have just walked up to the cash register with them. The fact that he was prepared to run the risk of being caught shoplifting rather than have those purchases on record is the salient point here, not the items themselves.

It actually would have been much easier and safer to just pay cash for them, no purchase would be traceable that way.

yes, the stealing is odd...but I'm not seeing smoking gun or red flag in the face
other people use repellent
well off people shop lift:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16469928
hindsight is 20-20 here
is it suspicious?? sure...red flag--no

and from the initial post on this--I doubt the investigators for the murders even saw his record...did they?

You bring up a decent point but I think you are unaware of how many people steal because of the thrill, it doesnt have much to do with not being able to afford anything. I know personally know wealthy people who have stolen random items from stores

Good point too, there is that type of shoplifter. But still - a serving police officer in an area where there's a serial rapist whose MO is home invasions on the loose, its a red flag. Its not like Winona Ryder shoplifting hand painted toilet roll or whatever.

yes, the stealing is odd...but I'm not seeing smoking gun or red flag in the face
hindsight is 20-20 here

and from the initial post on this--I doubt the investigators for the murders even saw his record...did they?

You say suspicious, I say red flag - tomayto, tomato.

hindsight is 20-20 here

Everybody is an expert once the case is solved. Unless a hammer and dog repellent was a part of his MO, I don’t see a red flag either.

For most of the same reasons why not everyone DNA would be on file

Aren't all serving police officers' DNA on file for elimination purposes anyway? They attend crime scenes, it would surely be useful to have their DNA for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288