CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly...

"In 1976, while working in Exeter, DeAngelo was promoted to sergeant and put in charge of an anti-burglary team with another sergeant from a nearby department, according to a newspaper article from the time. DeAngelo “will investigate burglaries and attempt to prevent them by informing the public about burglary prevention methods,” according to the article. The team was called “Joint Attack on Burglary.”

Excellent question! The Wiki site for Golden State Killer says he may have made a "Counseling Service" call (January 6, 1978) stating he had been seeing counselors his whole life!

A volunteer for the Contact Counseling Service answered a call from a man who claimed to be the East Area Rapist

Caller: "No. I have been to counseling all my life. I was in Stockton State Hospital. I shouldn't tell you that. I guess I can trust you guys."

If it was him, he may have been locked up in the Stockton State loony bin!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Killer

I hope this isn't a repeat--my connection got screwed up--sorry if it is

..a big problem is unrealistic--instead of reality
..I've been on forums--especially military forums--where people think you can move troops in real life just like on a map--when in reality that is ridiculous ...they think like the movies/TV/---Kojak where Crocker tells Kojak with 5 minutes left in the episode, that the killer/burglar stole some dog repellent

let's think realistically:
these murders/rapes lasted [ 10? ] many years--meaning the investigation was ongoing/changing/complex --many involved
plus they did not know all of these murders were connected!!
plus not all of the murders involved dogs
plus there was much more evidence to collect/analyze/file/etc than just dog repellent

..since the murders were not connected until much later, there is a great possibility that DeAngelo's stealing was not even filed in the GSK folder--etc
MOO--I would think it would almost be a miracle for the investigators to be able to connect the stealing to the GSK--considering the problems/complexity of the case I have stated above

there are many variables to consider
bold for emphasis only

The big thing back in the 70's & even 80's were police agencies didn't communicate with each other, it was a complete joke back then to bring all sources together & try & figure out what was going on.

No computers, no technologies like today.......but even today walls are put up with agencies. DNA is the biggest weapon against criminals......in the 70's, if you were a cop, & wanted to commit crimes & get away with it, it was open season.

Excellent question! The Wiki site for Golden State Killer says he may have made a "Counseling Service" call (January 6, 1978) stating he had been seeing counselors his whole life!

A volunteer for the Contact Counseling Service answered a call from a man who claimed to be the East Area Rapist

Caller: "No. I have been to counseling all my life. I was in Stockton State Hospital. I shouldn't tell you that. I guess I can trust you guys."

If it was him, he may have been locked up in the Stockton State loony bin!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Killer

If he saw any action in Vietnam while in the military, there’s a good chance he may have had a bad case of PTSD.

I only got to see the first ten minutes of the press conference.

Sacramento DA talked a lot but didn't say much in those ten minutes. The I suggested to the person I was watching with, "Someone's thinking of running for higher office."

Glad to see things got more substantive.

Wow.

Glad to see he was finally caught.

Like some of the others here, I wonder at what point he decided to start committing these crimes, and I seriously wonder if he entered LE in order to be able to commit these crimes.

That is just sick and demented.

There is a jail cell in California with his name on it.

From the article: From April 1974 to December 1975, dozens of burglaries of homes in Visalia occurred.

The burglar did bizarre things, such as rummage through underwear drawers; lay out women’s underwear on a bed; move family photos or tear them up; steal a single earring but ignore other jewelry; take Blue Chip Trading Stamps but leave cash untouched; steal piggy banks.

He also took guns and ammunition.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...-griswold/article136364438.html#storylink=cpy

Holy moly...

"In 1976, while working in Exeter, DeAngelo was promoted to sergeant and put in charge of an anti-burglary team with another sergeant from a nearby department, according to a newspaper article from the time. DeAngelo “will investigate burglaries and attempt to prevent them by informing the public about burglary prevention methods,” according to the article. The team was called “Joint Attack on Burglary.”

Its like placing the fox in charge of the hen house, unreal.......this case will make for quite a few movies.

Now let’s get ZODIAC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is more of a preplaned sexual pervert than a ptsd violent outburst guy imho. (More psychopath than mentally ill. )

Yes, I agree with all that. However, over the course of 40 years it didn't occur to anyone involved with the EAR investigation to look at people who had been fired from the police forces in the area, even after criminal profilers told them that the offender likely had LE or military experience. Surely if they had looked, his name would have been on their radar somewhere before six days ago.

That's what I'm criticising, I'm not expecting them to have jumped from dog repellant shoplifter to suspect number 1 in short order.
roger that....he stole this in 1979? --first rapes/murder 1976 to 1986 ?
I agree the year 1979 is a clue--along with his being a cop -- for investigators that analyzed it much later....
the profile is spot on with LE possible suspect ... but weren't they also looking at non-LE also?
...I've read pretty much on serial killers and I thought some were suspects long before they were caught? some were even interviewed and let go

remember the DC snipers?? they were sleeping in a parking lot in the early morning--this is very suspicious...the cops didn't even investigate it....--point being:cops/investigators are only human...they can't catch every killer all the time...they make mistakes ...
...''a lot'' of these killers are found not by police work/investigation--but my tips from civilians
bold for emphasis only

Wow.

Glad to see he was finally caught.

Like some of the others here, I wonder at what point he decided to start committing these crimes, and I seriously wonder if he entered LE in order to be able to commit these crimes.

That is just sick and demented.

There is a jail cell in California with his name on it.

I hope there's a gas chamber in California with his name on it.

Did they say how long he was on the police force for?

I wanna know where this guy was before 1976.

He was a police officer from 1973 to 1976 in Exeter, CA which is next to Visalia where the Visalia Ransacker was active during those same years. Before that he was up in Sacramento getting his degree in criminal justice at American River College and Sacramento State. Prior to that he was in the Navy in Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParamLubana