LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

How many cases have we followed where an arrest happens on unrelated charges then.......sometimes LE is quiet for good reason.

It's common that we see this. Let's hope it leads to some answers and finding Junior.

How many cases have we followed where an arrest happens on unrelated charges then.......sometimes LE is quiet for good reason.

I’m thinking they wanted to follow him to see what he did. Local LE may be less than competent, but no way the FBI is.

Stepdad of missing Claiborne child arrested on other charges

The stepfather of a Claiborne Parish child missing since Thursday, April 5, is in custody on unrelated charges.
8e2d10acd83ffc418a16c1b242ea1f6c.jpg

Nicholas Gilbert, was picked up in Lincoln Parish around 10 a.m. Tuesday morning by deputies with the Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office on an outstanding warrant for theft of scrap metal.

He was booked into LPDC as a fugitive from another jurisdiction.

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff's Office has since picked up Gilbert for booking in Claiborne.
Sheriff Ken Bailey confirmed the arrest and said the warrant was issued by the town of Homer, and he believed it was from some time ago.
Bailey said Gilbert will have a 72-hour arraignment at the detention center and a court date will be set for formal arraignment.
When asked if Gilbert was picked up on the outstanding warrant due to a possible link to the disappearance of his stepson Rondreiz Cortez "Junior" Phillips, age 4, Bailey said, "We got a warrant on him. We picked him up on the warrant, and we may talk to him about that."

[...]

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/n...borne-child-arrested-other-charges/546377002/

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff's Office has since picked up Gilbert for booking in Claiborne.

Sheriff Ken Bailey confirmed the arrest and said the warrant was issued by the town of Homer, and he believed it was from some time ago.

Bailey said Gilbert will have a 72-hour arraignment at the detention center and a court date will be set for formal arraignment.

The News-Star has requested a copy of the original warrant and its issue date from the Homer Police Department.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/n...borne-child-arrested-other-charges/546377002/

IMO LE doesn't arrest someone for an outstanding warrant from "some time ago" without good reason. Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Uh oooooohhhhh. All of a sudden, I am extra sad for this baby.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OT has anyone else’s Tapatalk taken away the “like”heart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew they were suspicious when they kept saying he "might" have been working on the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bringing Junior Home; the quest to find Rondreiz Phillips continues

LISBON, La. -
A community is refusing to give up on the four-year-old boy who vanished in Claiborne Parish.

[...]

Since that time, rumors and false reports have popped up all over social media.
Different people claiming to know what happened to Junior.

Savannah Dwairi, the leader of the search in the community says those rumors are frustrating her and others who are putting their all into the search.

"I think even us searching us searching and those who are organizing it like me have been affected by the rumors because they come from everywhere," she said.

"We don't know what to believe and then it's so much being fueled behind it you don't know what to trust and what not to trust."

So far there's been no real evidence leading investigators in the right direction.

"People who are searching are not really looking anymore because they have in their minds that he's somewhere other than here," Dwairi said.

Neighbors say Junior's mother Shelia moved out of the neighborhood and back with her parents.

Meanwhile his step father Nicholas Gilbert is now in jail, arrested on theft charges.

The latest controversy making things that much more confusing.

Now as the days begin to pile up, people hope to get the focus back on what matters most.

Finding Junior.

"There's a baby out there four-year-old child out there that needs hands around him I don't care what condition he's in we need to find him," Dwairi said.

Dwairi has created a group on Facebook for those trying to help find Phillips called #BringJuniorHome.
This page will inform people of searches and how they can volunteer.

[...]

http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/loc...o-find-rondreiz-phillips-continues/1139388862

If I thought there was a remote possibility my 4 year old was alive, I wouldn't move. If he was taken by a neighbor, he could find his way home. That makes me feel like mom knows what's up, somehow.

If I thought there was a remote possibility my 4 year old was alive, I wouldn't move. If he was taken by a neighbor, he could find his way home. That makes me feel like mom knows what's up, somehow.

My thoughts exactly.

Like Etan Patz's parents. AFAIK, they have lived in the same NYC apartment all these decades, hoping against hope that Etan would return, which of course he couldn't because he was murdered (though never recovered). I recall reading that Etan's mom wouldn't change their phone number just in case Etan was alive and able to call them. They are very strong people.

Like Etan Patz's parents. AFAIK, they have lived in the same NYC apartment all these decades, hoping against hope that Etan would return, which of course he couldn't because he was murdered (though never recovered). I recall reading that Etan's mom wouldn't change their phone number just in case Etan was alive and able to call them. They are very strong people.
Right! I think that would be the natural instinct.

Me, too, but to be fair, she moved back in with her parents, probably because she can’t afford the place on her own now that her boyfriend is in jail. Don’t get me wrong; I agree that she probably has a sense of what happened. But nobody moves back in with their parents if they don’t have to.

Me, too, but to be fair, she moved back in with her parents, probably because she can’t afford the place on her own now that her boyfriend is in jail. Don’t get me wrong; I agree that she probably has a sense of what happened. But nobody moves back in with their parents if they don’t have to.
Agreed.

To add, she’d now alone in the home. I wouldn’t want to be alone. I can’t speak for his mom, but that would be tough. And it may be best that she not be alone in case she has threatened to harm herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a baby out there four-year-old child out there that needs hands around him I don't care what condition he's in we need to find him," Dwairi said.

Note the concern which is lacking by his Mum.

Eta.

Is this because he's beyond concern?

In this video, it’s said the landlord (who lives in the trailer next door) is the aunt of the stepdad. Can’t imagine she needed to move out for financial reasons or would have been alone.
https://www.ktbs.com/search-set-to-resume-for-missing-claiborne-parish-toddler/video_8c437a92-847f-552a-9e36-b1de7322c4e4.html

i don’t think I could ever leave without knowing what had happened for hope he would return. Then again, that mother does a lot of things I would never do.
It might've been too much to deal with. I wonder how far her mom lives.

With my child missing and my significant other in jail, I wouldn't want to be alone, either. But I would probably try to find someone to stay with me at my house, just in case the boy returned (although I think chances of that are slim in this case).

It might've been too much to deal with. I wonder how far her mom lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back