CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article this morning that said the cops entered the DNA into a database like they were just anyone else entering DNA (under a fake name) in and got a distant hit. They worked it till they found the person who fit their profile and age range. Then, when they had it narrowed down, they picked up his discarded DNA and compared it - twice. It matched.

I'll see if I can find the article. FOUND IT! https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-case-joseph-deangelo.html

He's FINE you guys. This is what he does, this is his MO. When Officer McGowan caught him during his EAR days, he whimpered, cried, uttered a blood-curdling scream of terror, pleaded "oh my god, don't hurt me, don't hurt me!" and then FIRED HIS GUN at the officer.

In the book, The Sociopath Next Door, the author explains that the number one way to tell if someone is a genuine sociopath or just another jerk is that sociopaths are experts at self-pity and playing the victim. He's putting on a show, I guarantee.

I wonder also if the act is so he will get better treatment, maybe better food, more attention. Isn't jail sick bay better

than a plain old jail cell.??? Maybe a better bed too.

talking to himself:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/04/27/joseph-deangelo-friday-court/

Sheriff: Golden State Killer Suspect On Suicide Watch
April 27, 2018 at 12:25 pm
SACRAMENTO (AP) – The Sacramento County sheriff says a man suspected of being one of California’s most elusive serial killers is on suicide watch and talking to himself.
Sheriff Scott Jones said Friday that Joseph James DeAngelo was in a psychiatric ward of the county jail and has said little. Jones says there’s been “quiet reflection” and mumbling.
Ha!
Nice.
I don't think he'd EVER kill himself.
He's too narcissistic.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exactly. This is either an act or he's in shock and sedated? I'm sure this is a huge shock. He thought he was home free and nothing would be found until after he died. The way they found him was so out of the ordinary, everyone is stunned. I can only imagine how he felt. Some distant relative inputting their DNA in to an open source database and LE tracing him? (I am wondering if that is where the tip came from, they got the hit and then contacted that distant relative for more information about his family tree?).

If he thinks he is going to get any sympathy from anybody? He's dreaming.

There's always someone who sympathsizes with a serial killer.
He's a psychopath and a great actor to boot.

You need to listen. The judge asked him something and he literally doesn’t seem to get it. I think she put her arm on him because he is out of it and she is trying to make sure he understands completely. Seriously tho. Check it out. Who knows. He’s awful. [/QUOTE}

Actually, I heard it, and the judge meant to ask if he had an attorney ("if not, one will be assigned to you"), but didn't directly ask him in the form of a question. So the judge asked him again. Defendants are instructed to not speak, so. . . And he's acting completely. Their whole defense will be "He's so old, he can't hurt anyone. Look at him. Have pity."

Your top section agreed!! He literally cognitively did no understand. It did not register. I am thinking maybe he is on some anti psychotic or a clonopin or Ativan. But jeez. I really don’t think he was faking. I kinda wish he was... and maybe he will be fine once off these meds... but dang

Woops apologies. I thought u were agreeing with me. He is a manipulator no doubt, but in this court video feed I do believe he is on something or purposefully refused food so he become weak enough that he could not answer to anything. He is the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there were several reports of someone burying bodies and everyone was being hypervigilant -- YEAH.
I hope they have brought cadaver dogs onto his property!
Ya never know.
Moo

Absolutely WAS AN ACT. Just like Bill Cosby went from a healthy 80 yr. old to the first day of both trial, needed a cane, needed to hang onto a bodyguard or atty., looked and acted like a sickly, weak, old man. But it didn't work.

this monster is gonna pull every stunt he can to manipulate people.

I'm not making excuses for either one of them, but stress can do a number on you.

Apologies if this was already posted upthread and I missed it — this thread is moving at rocket speed!

California ended its statute of limitations on rape after Bill Cosby. It may not apply to the Golden State Killer

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/golden-state-killer-statute-limitations-trnd/index.html

From the link:

California vows to prosecute all rapists, no matter how long ago their crimes occurred. But that may not apply to Joseph James DeAngelo, who police are fingering as the long-sought Golden State Killer.

Before September 2016, the statute of limitations in California for rape and sex crimes was just 10 years.

(snip)

However, that change likely will not impact the Golden State Killer -- believed to have committed 12 murders and about 50 rapes in the 1970s and 1980s -- because it does not apply retroactively, according to Laurie Levenson, a professor of law at Loyola Law School. In other words, the revised law applies only to crimes committed after January 1, 2017, and offenses for which the statute of limitations had not expired by that date.

(snip)

"Rapes that resulted in murders, there is no statute of limitations for the murders," Levenson said. "I think it's an open question whether we'll see independent sexual assault charges, but you'll certainly see them if they were part of the murder."

There is one caveat to the 2016 law, however. Exceptions can be made in rape cases if new DNA evidence is found later. Authorities used discarded DNA evidence from his home to arrest DeAngelo, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said Wednesday.

In any case, the capital murder charges will be more important to DeAngelo's prosecution than the statute of limitations for rape.

rbbm

You need to listen. The judge asked him something and he literally doesn’t seem to get it. I think she put her arm on him because he is out of it and she is trying to make sure he understands completely. Seriously tho. Check it out. Who knows. He’s awful.

I did. I watched the arraignment. Still think it was an act. JMO.

Yeah, I think it was all a big act to seem pitiable, ohhh, the poor helpless old man. Remember when he screamed and begged "oh my god, don't hurt me, don't hurt me" super pathetically at Officer McGowan and then SHOT AT him? Yeah, I think the wheel chair and the frail voice and the eyes he can barely keep open are all an act.
Remember what he said and how he said it when he called that woman.
That's all I hear when I look at him.
He has a rock for a heart
and gets zero sympathy from me.
I couldn't even touch him and pretend to care.
Moo

EAR/ONS was known to enjoy the suffering of his victims. Now he's trying to enjoy the suffering of everyone but making this process as hard as possible. He won't make this easy, it's going to be a "fun game" for him.

Why would I treat him differently just because he’s old and senile. Regardless he deserves to be judged! An act or not who cares- I know jurors and the public can be swayed- but we all get old... we don’t all become mass murderers.

Right! No sympathy. What a monster! I am dying to know about the connection too. Someone uploads their DNA probably doesn't even know the guy and what a can of worms he or she opened (a good one but wow what a shock). I have heard DNA horror stories but this one takes the cake. I feel so badly for his sister and family. I can't even imagine. I have some distant cousins I don't know at all. I can't even imagine how it must feel to upload your DNA, trying to learn about your ancestry and be the key that unlocks one of the biggest, horrific mysteries of all time. Stranger than fiction.

Wonder whether the relative that uploaded the DNA even knows they were the key.

If there were several reports of someone burying bodies and everyone was being hypervigilant -- YEAH.

I absolutely would think someone who stole a shovel is trying to evade the law. No CC trail on purpose and needs to hide a body.

I did. I watched the arraignment. Still think it was an act. JMO.

And that is totally legit. I am new to this case and he is highly prolific so who knows. That being said I think they gave him an Ativan or something.

He's FINE you guys. This is what he does, this is his MO. When Officer McGowan caught him during his EAR days, he whimpered, cried, uttered a blood-curdling scream of terror, pleaded "oh my god, don't hurt me, don't hurt me!" and then FIRED HIS GUN at the officer.

In the book, The Sociopath Next Door, the author explains that the number one way to tell if someone is a genuine sociopath or just another jerk is that sociopaths are experts at self-pity and playing the victim. He's putting on a show, I guarantee.

I agree! He's a narcissistic psychopath and will do whatever it takes to feel like he has the upper hand. He's probably actually enjoying this (except for the being in jail part).

If he refuses to even drink anything he'll be in major medical distress very soon.

I hope the authorities know who they're dealing with here. If they're not careful they could have a dead prisoner on their hands in a matter of days. That will be the end of it, no trial, no punishment, no retribution. In a way, the people will be cheated of the full measure of justice. Life doesn't mean anything to a serial killer, not even their own lives. They're completely devoid of humanity. This kind of evil is beyond the natural realm. That's all I say.

The radical change in demeanor, etc says he's doing all this on purpose.

Since he appears to be a mouth breather, maybe he's not getting enough oxygen, LOL

WOW. Really?
A cop busted for shoplifting. Dog repellant,and a hammer. A Cop who was on of things robbery detail. Hardly by the book. Wouldn't you say.
All the while robberies,rapes, were happening.
This elusive robber,rapist was left alone by victims dogs,they didn't go after him hmmmm gee couldn't be dog repellant, head scratch, and robbers,rapist would never use a hammer as a tool of the trade.
If someone stole a shovel from me I would be creeped out,and get a restraining order,and press charges.
A criminal is criminal badge or not.

Yep, Monday morning quarterbacking at its best. It is so easy to put it all together in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam