Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food for thought......I wonder if- since JH and SH are dead, LE will back off solving this crime and not continue investigating. LE has limited resources to pursue dead end crimes. In their eyes the perps are dead. They've
already hinted that they believe all the children were most likely in the car and went over the cliff.

I suspect we, here on WS, have more invested in trying to totally solve this mystery than LE, at this point. In their eyes,
the perps are dead. The crime is over, done. Close up file.

I'd really like to read the FBI file on this and see how thoroughly OR NOT, they pursued this. DEAD FILE, IMO.

I agree. I don't think that they will spend much time investigating this any further.

According to the NYT article, it was a CPS investigator who saw Jen pull in to the driveway and then did not answer the door when the investigator knocked. Has anyone figured out where Jen had been? Could she have been searching for Devonte and Hannah? If she had been at a grocery store or some retail place, I'm sure someone would have noticed. Maybe not if she was fuelling up with a credit card, but there should be a record of that. Wherever she went, it likely wasn't for a long time, having to leave all the kids home alone. I am still suspicious of what went on that day before they all absconded. JMO

Here's the relevant quote: On March 23, the day the intake report was created, an investigator saw a large brown S.U.V. turn into the Harts’ driveway, but no one answered the door when the investigator knocked. A deputy returned on March 26 — but no one appeared to be home. And when an investigator went back the next morning, there was still no answer.

Note that it doesn't say investigator from what agency; I'd assume CPS, but again, that's not specified. It also doesn't say anything about seeing a specific person - did (presumably) Jen drive directly into the garage and exit the car there? Surely an investigator would have jumped out of their car and tried to talk to Jen if she parked in the driveway and walked to the front door.

A thought literally just occurred to me...Could they have "rehomed" Devonte and Hannah before they left or while they were on the road? If they felt betrayed, they might have considered that an option. Then later they would make up a story online about what happened. Rehoming is a thing and since LE took their computers, they may have found info that makes them think they are alive (hence the "traveling together" wording).

I mostly think they are dead and may never be found. However, if they felt betrayed by Devonte and disappointed in Hannah, it might have crossed their minds. If so, they could have done it and then in hindsight realized that they really crossed the line and would definitely get in trouble (or at least lose their glossy image if people found out).

Rehoming happens and it is kind of an underground thing. Just tossing it out there as an idea.

If they were going to rehome any of their children I think they would have done that months or years ago.

I know it happens - I've read some heartbreaking stories of children being returned or given away and J&S have similarities to the parents I've read about.

KOIN is still pushing for information. Video linked below was released yesterday.

Toxicology reports still pending for Sierra and "third child" found at site of the crash. Don't yet know why the toxicology reports for that third child are taking so much longer. Dana DeKalb told KOIN the family had two dogs at the home in Woodland. The dogs were not left behind at the house, and Sheriff's office confirmed no animals or animal remains were found at the site. "We will continue to push investigators to give us the latest information on this case..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ4nEqr_2ls

I think they starved Hannah to death weeks before the crash, and that was why Devonte told the neighbors that these women were "trying to starve him to death". I think Devonte either ran away or was beaten to death for his "betrayal". I think that the other kids were so beaten down that they actually welcomed death as an escape from the misery of their lives so they may have "drank the cool ade" or the Benadryl to get the heck out of that family.

So sad.

After reading that 30 page document, I have to completely agree with you. I am sick with the realization that my gut instinct was correct, and things were even worse than I imagined.

Here's the relevant quote: On March 23, the day the intake report was created, an investigator saw a large brown S.U.V. turn into the Harts’ driveway, but no one answered the door when the investigator knocked. A deputy returned on March 26 — but no one appeared to be home. And when an investigator went back the next morning, there was still no answer.

Note that it doesn't say investigator from what agency; I'd assume CPS, but again, that's not specified. It also doesn't say anything about seeing a specific person - did (presumably) Jen drive directly into the garage and exit the car there? Surely an investigator would have jumped out of their car and tried to talk to Jen if she parked in the driveway and walked to the front door.

Good question! I'm pretty sure it was Jen,because later Sarah came home from work in her car. But as to which investigator......maybe they were in a car behind Jen on the road where the driveway is(....unless they were next door at DeKalbs...which DeKalbs haven't stated.....)even though they too, apparently saw Jen arrive home. And later, Sarah. It looks like its a long driveway, so she could have already gone inside by the time the investigator got there. Dunno. JMO

I apologize in advance if this article has already been posted (I have been trying get up to speed but there are so many posts I am still not there).
An informative article, but the part that stuck out to me was that after they adopted the 6 children they tried to foster another one but it didn't work out because of the childs use of wire hangers! Reminds me of the "NO WIRE HANGERS EVER!" tirade from "Mommy Dearest".

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/oregon-dhs-investigated-hart-family-in-2013-knew-of-other-abuse-allegations-documents-show/283-544988935

I somehow missed that in the document. Even though it's not a surprise, to have it confirmed like that is bracing. How disgusting. So, not just six kids, but the six kids that Jen (in particular) was always crowing about on social media to have this special need or that and to have come from "hard places"; and the women didn't even bother to establish regular medical care for them? That's a level of neglect that I cannot comprehend.

Neglect of children is seen in other circumstances, as an example from those who have crippling addictions. For me, this is terrible to see because of how addictions destroy lives, but for me (anyway) I can comprehend it. Not condone it, but I can comprehend the cycle of how it works. With this whole Hart family thing, I simply cannot comprehend WTH was driving these women. It's as if she (Jen) adopted the children for very shallow reasons-- white savior, possibly to have them as fodder for her photography portfolio-- and then immediately realized she was in over her head. And instead of admitting it and doing something about it, she began taking it out on the children, as if existing was their fault.

"As if existing was their fault". :(

I apologize in advance if this article has already been posted (I have been trying get up to speed but there are so many posts I am still not there).
An informative article, but the part that stuck out to me was that after they adopted the 6 children they tried to foster another one but it didn't work out because of the childs use of wire hangers! Reminds me of the "NO WIRE HANGERS EVER!" tirade from "Mommy Dearest".

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...buse-allegations-documents-show/283-544988935

They fostered her before the adoption. They also abandoned her. She was
brought to therapy and was told by the therapist that she would not be returning.

"As if existing was their fault". :(

They fostered her before the adoption. They also abandoned her. She was
brought to therapy and was told by the therapist that she would not be returning.
And that wasn't a clue they weren't right? They just abandon a child at Therapist? Man, people screwed up across the board here for years!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

And that wasn't a clue they weren't right? They just abandon a child at Therapist? Man, people screwed up across the board here for years!

Why would a therapist even agree to that?

A sonar equipped boat from the Hopkins Marine Station could be used to find a body. The dept of fisheries is located there also and they would have boats equipped with sonar. very small fish can be detected with this equipment.

"The Harts also tried to foster another child, the report shows. Minnesota officials told Oregon DHS that in October 2010, the Harts requested to be certified for foster care when they were taking care of a friend’s teenage daughter. Minnesota officials reported that “this placement didn’t work out for very long, and one of the breaking point issues was the girl used wire hangers..."
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc.../283-544988935

This sure makes it sound like Lee and the wire hanger foster child were two different people.

This sure makes it sound like Lee and the wire hanger foster child were two different people.

Right. The year doesn’t work for it to be Lee. They took a fictive kin placement after they already had all six kids, I think.

"The Harts also tried to foster another child, the report shows. Minnesota officials told Oregon DHS that in October 2010, the Harts requested to be certified for foster care when they were taking care of a friend’s teenage daughter. Minnesota officials reported that “this placement didn’t work out for very long, and one of the breaking point issues was the girl used wire hangers..."
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc.../283-544988935

Yes, I agree. (See source links in my post #514 here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ino-Cty-26-Mar-2018-7&p=14077947#post14077947

Lee was the one dumped at the therapist's office just prior to the first set of 3 siblings adoption.
The second teen was in 2010 per OR DHS report. After all six kids had been adopted. This teen was the wire hanger teen.
These women collected and discarded human beings as they saw fit.

And a reason I don’t think they did all this just for the money is that it looks like everyone was fine with them having Lee and the first three children adopted. So why would they not do both? Esp since the foster care stipend is more than post-adopt subsidy. Looks like they are quite generous with a clothing allowance also.

I think the women had attachment/intimacy issues themselves and so after a few months gave up. They also could have been more interested in their cute little kids rather than a teenager.

But I really don’t think they did it just for the money. Lee brought more money as did the other teen.

And I think that after several months or a couple years, they came to regret adopting the six also. It was a nice thought. A way to help. A way to get positive attention. A way to raise a family like anyone else. But they came to resent the kids and their issues. Hey came to regret the lack of freedom. They came to resent the allegations. They got sick of the kids and there was little to no way out. So they abused and got stricter and more controlling. And eventually they just gave up on it all. They didn’t have the right to kill those kids because of their issues. So not right.

Right? Why didn’t that trigger something? From the therapist if no one else.

I know it won’t happen, but I really want someone to force this therapist and the doctor who examined all 6 kids to answer some questions. Publicly.

A sonar equipped boat from the Hopkins Marine Station could be used to find a body. The dept of fisheries is located there also and they would have boats equipped with sonar. very small fish can be detected with this equipment.

Goldenbear, have you heard anything recently about any upcoming water search activities? We so appreciate your updates.

Why would a therapist even agree to that?

The only reason I can think is this line of thought: “the less time this kid has to spend with these resentful *****es, the better”.

Seriously. Maybe the therapist recognized that it would be detrimental for “Lee” to spend any more time with foster parents who REALLY didn’t want her.

ETA: Kind of like those safe haven places where people can drop unwanted newborns. It sucks that babies get dumped unceremoniously, but they shouldn’t be with people who can’t or don’t want to care for them.

KOIN is still pushing for information. Video linked below was released yesterday.

Toxicology reports still pending for Sierra and "third child" found at site of the crash. Don't yet know why the toxicology reports for that third child are taking so much longer. Dana DeKalb told KOIN the family had two dogs at the home in Woodland. The dogs were not left behind at the house, and Sheriff's office confirmed no animals or animal remains were found at the site. "We will continue to push investigators to give us the latest information on this case..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ4nEqr_2ls

So it´s not just us here on WS who think the case is being handled, how to put it, unsatisfactory by LE.

Glad those reporters are out there pushing for information - glad we are here not letting go.
I wish people who knew this family will do some soul searching and try figuring out why they saw what the family was doing as ok.
Like for instance the free hugs from a little kid, that little kid lying on top of a grown man in what appears to be a very intimate hug, why that kid was crying so much, why all the kids were so tiny and too skinny, why they were so quiet and hardly spoke, why one kid had missing front teeth, why they were given so little to eat. And on and on it goes.

Come here, festival goers, and talk about what you saw and why it seemed normal and loving and amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88