Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am praying in agreement with you this morning that Lucas is found and his family can have peace. In Jesus name, amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. While I lost hope long ago that Lucas would be found alive, my prayers are going out today for his loved ones and our tireless and dedicated searchers. I pray that they be led today by God's right hand to find Lucas and bring him home for a proper burial. God, please grant his loved ones this peace and let our searchers complete this journey today so they too can have peace and rest. And please let Lucas feel all the love now on his way home that he missed out on in his short lifetime. Let the love of all of us here and around the world surround him as he is brought home to his mother and loved ones. Amen.

I’ve fallen into a bit of a funk the past few days and spent a lot of time crying, but I’m hoping we’ll have some positive tips, leads, findings, answers or confessions soon. [emoji172]

Thanks to everyone for keeping Lucas’ thread near the top! #TeamLucas

I am so sorry you have been going through a tough time. I can only imagine what those of you who are so close to this situation and live it day in and day out must be feeling. I have gone through bouts of anger over Lucas but mostly sadness and a feeling of hopelessness that children like him will face similar fate if something doesn't change. I blame the perpetrators first before the broken system. It is a choice to abuse or murder a child. Whether the end result can be legally classified accidental or not doesn't change the fact that abuse is not accidental and every parent, step parent, etc., has a choice to either end the cycle of abuse or let it go on. I'm not saying either EG or JH was abused because I don't know that for a gact but can say IMO those who abuse were abused. There also are many adults who were abused but dont abuse their kids because they have made a conscious decision to end the cycle. We know right from wrong and have the power of choice. There is no excuse for this.

I am so sorry you have been going through a tough time. I can only imagine what those of you who are so close to this situation and live it day in and day out must be feeling. I have gone through bouts of anger over Lucas but mostly sadness and a feeling of hopelessness that children like him will face similar fate if something doesn't change. I blame the perpetrators first before the broken system. It is a choice to abuse or murder a child. Whether the end result can be legally classified accidental or not doesn't change the fact that abuse is not accidental and every parent, step parent, etc., has a choice to either end the cycle of abuse or let it go on. I'm not saying either EG or JH was abused because I don't know that for a gact but can say IMO those who abuse were abused. There also are many adults who were abused but dont abuse their kids because they have made a conscious decision to end the cycle. We know right from wrong and have the power of choice. There is no excuse for this.
I just have to personally thank you for this.
I work trying to break the cycle of abuse every day.
I had the blessings of a loving and non-abusive family, while so many others did not. :(
It only escalates. And I know that children are going to end up abused themselves. Bringing a baby into an abusive relationship is a horrible idea, just horrible.

I was abused horribly for 15 long years in my first marriage and never called the police. Instead I called his father who had abused him all during his childhood, too horrifically to even mention.
I couldn't have kids, but once I managed to carry one for 3 months and I was honestly on pins-and-needles trying to decide what I should do.
He would have definitely transferred his abuse onto that innocent little baby.
I know without a doubt.
[in the long run I forgave him and after 20 years of divorce allowed him to stay here temporarily...he killed himself in my kitchen in January...it was his note to me that he was sorry and to please forgive him and not speak ill of him :heartbeat:...which I don't]

Whether JH or EG was abused I have zero knowledge of, but it is certainly a possibility.
Just thinking about Lucas today and where he could be....
:tantrum:

I had the blessings of a loving and non-abusive family, while so many others did not. :(
It only escalates. And I know that children are going to end up abused themselves. Bringing a baby into an abusive relationship is a horrible idea, just horrible.

I was abused horribly for 15 long years in my first marriage and never called the police. Instead I called his father who had abused him all during his childhood, too horrifically to even mention.
I couldn't have kids, but once I managed to carry one for 3 months and I was honestly on pins-and-needles trying to decide what I should do.
I know without a doubt.
[in the long run I forgave him and after 20 years of divorce allowed him to stay here temporarily...he killed himself in my kitchen in January...it was his note to me that he was sorry and to please forgive him and not speak ill of him [emoji813]beat:...which I don't]

Whether JH or EG was abused I have zero knowledge of, but it is certainly a possibility.
I am sorry that you had to endure this. I too suffered abuse...but it was from my mother. I am not going to go in to detail about it but I spoiled my children and showered them with the love I never received.

There are many of us probably but we did not choose to abuse another. Instead we loved a little more. What happened to Lucas is terrifying. I will never forget it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He would have definitely transferred his abuse onto that innocent little baby I know without a doubt.

So sorry to hear about your abuse in your marriage. I feel that when we come from a non-abusive home many of us don't know how to deal with one we are thrust into. Many try and try and get caught up in the cycle of abuse until we realize it's not going to stop and get out. My thoughts have been that EG may very well have been brought up in an abusive home and her taking drugs exacerbated her readiness to abuse. JH, might have been in the denial of the cycle of abuse. That's how this has struck me. I do think he's coming around and it's very very difficult to accept his part in allowing a household of this ongoing violence and repeatedly putting little Lucas and his daughter in harms way, in the hands of an abuser.
Thank you Chi for all you do to try to break the cycle of abuse. It's so important our world has people like you that go the extra mile and then some. :star1:

The radio in the bedrooms are always on in my house 24/7. I just have to say that Lucas has been mentioned every hour night and day since Friday morning on the hourly news broadcast. It’s almost more coverage then when he first went missing. I’m hoping this is helping to reach a lot more people and maybe those that forgot. Especially being a weekend and all. I’m just posting about it because I hadn’t heard anything for a couple months. Then it was sporadic not at every news cast.

:grouphug: Thanks ya'll (I'm southern lol).
We are all going to be ok. We've got this.

:heartbeat::pirate: Lucas they are going to find you
Chi

I know without a doubt.
[in the long run I forgave him and after 20 years of divorce allowed him to stay here temporarily...he killed himself in my kitchen in January...it was his note to me that he was sorry and to please forgive him and not speak ill of him :heartbeat:...which I don't]

I have sooooo much time for you Chi.

All that you have been through and endured and you never appear to have anything bad to say.

If you could bottle that up and sell it, I'd do a bulk order. I think I can learn a thing or 20 from you.

The radio in the bedrooms are always on in my house 24/7. I just have to say that Lucas has been mentioned every hour night and day since Friday morning on the hourly news broadcast. It’s almost more coverage then when he first went missing. I’m hoping this is helping to reach a lot more people and maybe those that forgot. Especially being a weekend and all. I’m just posting about it because I hadn’t heard anything for a couple months. Then it was sporadic not at every news cast.

That is great news! By any chance is your radio tuned to KFDI 101.3 or 102.1 The Bull?

IMO

Awesome!!!!
Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my face today! :)

I have sooooo much time for you Chi.

All that you have been through and endured and you never appear to have anything bad to say.

If you could bottle that up and sell it, I'd do a bulk order. I think I can learn a thing or 20 from you.

LOL I love you Ana you're just too sweet:loveyou:----if it weren't for cat-napping (dog-napping in my case) and automatic computer updates I would probably never sleep...
I had a Veteran with severe PTSD get tazed by the police three times yesterday...it never ends but they all have my heart and prayers.

Thank you PB as always, I got too sleepy and gave up last night.:blushing:
The largest Asian community is a town about one hour and 45 minutes from Wichita. IIRC (and I am still hazy this brunch hour) it was around Overland Park, Kansas.
Good luck on your research. :)

Sister, I love ya. Only pointing this correcting to update the database in your brain. Overland Park, a Kansas City burb on the KS side, is 3 hours from Wichita. Probably could cut it down to two hours @ 85-90 mph. ;)

I know without a doubt.

Thank you for sharing your very personal and tragic story. My heart goes out to you! You were forced with the ultimate decision and did it out of love. At the end of every tragedy the only true peace we are given comes through forgiveness. The hardest thing of all is getting to that point of forgiveness after years of heartache and suffering. Anger and resentment are like poison to our bodies and when we are resentful of someone it's not hurting them, only us. Do you think EG is feeling 1 ounce of the anguish for Lucas that we are? Her actions IMO say no. So my anger is hurting me physically and emotionally yet the person causing it may not be feeling a thing. Hardly worth it. So instead what I choose to put out there is my love for Lucas and all the suffering children and pray there is some way that love will reach them. Please let today be the day of reckoning for Lucas and his loved ones. Amen.

I did see that last night. At first I got the impression that LE posted them w/o the parents’ consent, but after reading the article, I realized the parents were asked if they would like one posted in their cells and both said yes.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

I believe if any poster or pic was placed in a cell WITHOUT the permission of the inmate, the ACLU OR ANOTHER GROUP WOULD FILE SUIT TO REMOVE IT. If I remember right a similar suit was filed about 10 years ago. The basis at that time was a civil rights violation. The correctional facility lost.

That’s not to say posters might be ok if placed in common areas.

I have been praying silently that little Lucas will be found, not just soon, but today!

BTW, at the gym I just finished reading the prosecutor's book about the Casey Anthony trial. Unbelievable. Jury came in and and verdicts read...NOT GUILTY of first degree murder, aggravated manslaughter, or aggravated child abuse. GUILTY of all 4 counts of lying to police.

Praying that those investigating the case have good solid evidence, that Lucas will be found, and that in the longer-term justice is served and served as harshly as DESERVED.

I believe if any poster or pic was placed in a cell WITHOUT the permission of the inmate, the ACLU OR ANOTHER GROUP WOULD FILE SUIT TO REMOVE IT. If I remember right a similar suit was filed about 10 years ago. The basis at that time was a civil rights violation. The correctional facility lost.

I read about the correctional officer(s) asking for the missing poster being hung in the parents' cells. I wish they would do the same thing to EG or hang the picture outside of her cell. It would also be interesting to have all of the inmates wearing a missing Lucas t-shirt.

Hi chi,

Morel hunting around is here is a big thing. My sister brought me a bag of morels just last week that she hunted. I don't think it'll be necessary to just target Asian communities with search info... we all love hunting for them here [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Morel hunting is a big thing in the Midwest. When I lived in Iowa, I would go look for morels. I haven't looked for morels since moving to Minnesota, but I know my husband's aunt goes looking for them.

Considering that the prison is government property, and a cell isn’t their ‘personal property’ and what they can or can’t have is highly regulated I personally think it is complete and utter crap that a prisoner can object to what is or isn’t on their cell wall (provided it doesn’t fall under cruel and unusual punishment like an Iron Maiden or something along those lines) JMO

Considering that the prison is government property, and a cell isn’t their ‘personal property’ and what they can or can’t have is highly regulated I personally think it is complete and utter crap that a prisoner can object to what is or isn’t on their cell wall (provided it doesn’t fall under cruel and unusual punishment like an Iron Maiden or something along those lines) JMO

Hang them in common areas then. In cafeteria, medical treatment areas, visiting. I'm sure that would work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member