CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! It's got him be him. The details about Bonnie... The self-pitying tone: "Despite working harder and suffering more than most people could even imagine." Reveling in his own "origin story" and ending it with, "officially beginning his life as one of the most dangerous criminals on record."
That is what I thought, about the way it is written, who goes into that much detail as a theory? I guess maybe details are wrong though so maybe not him. Still eerie about the broken off engagement though.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

That is what I thought, about the way it is written, who goes into that much detail as a theory? I guess maybe details are wrong though so maybe not him. Still eerie about the broken off engagement though.

“Sometime in the early to mid 1970s, he met the woman of his dreams, and really believed that he had a great future ahead of him. They may have even been engaged for some time. She eventually had an affair with a handsome, wealthy, and educated man who she and her family deemed as "more suitable" for her than the GSK. When the Golden State Killer found out about this (possibly even walking in on them in bed), he beat up both his ex and her lover "refusing to be a passive victim of humiliation again”

Bonnie would be the one to know If this was really DeAngelo that posted the comment.

I know and remember both of my parents work history too, but I don't think that any of my brothers or sisters know, or even care. I remember for my mother's funeral, my sister and brother provided the information about my mother's life that was read at the funeral. 90% of it was not even true. They didn't know, so I guess they made it up.

Anyway I don't think they told their kids, because then they would have had to tell them that he was fired from the police department, for shoplifting. I doubt he talked much about that.

BBM

No they would not have to tell the children this.

They could have told them that DeAngelo quit the police job because he didn't like it. Or any other similar excuses. They could have made things up like your siblings did. JMO

“Sometime in the early to mid 1970s, he met the woman of his dreams, and really believed that he had a great future ahead of him. They may have even been engaged for some time. She eventually had an affair with a handsome, wealthy, and educated man who she and her family deemed as "more suitable" for her than the GSK. When the Golden State Killer found out about this (possibly even walking in on them in bed), he beat up both his ex and her lover "refusing to be a passive victim of humiliation again”

Bonnie would be the one to know If this was really DeAngelo that posted the comment.
Too bad she is not talking, though I understand why.

Even if that happened to a tee, I am not following how anyone could believe that turned him into the monster he is. Maybe the joke is on us because there are even more crimes he committed that we are not aware of that preceded all of this.

There is no evidence dog repellant was not used. It makes perfect sense that he did use dog repellant. Per reports of his uncanny ability to victimize people who had dogs. And reports of dogs barking then suddenly stopping. Even though he was right smack there under their noses.
We know now he got caught shoplifting dog repellant.
just for everyones knowledge, because I keep reading he sprayed himself down with this stuff...dog repellant only works if you spray the dog in the face with it... spraying yourself would do no good unless the dog was right there at the immediate moment... that would be like spraying yourself down with pepper spray just incase you ,might run into a bad guy later on...

BBM

No they would not have to tell the children this.

They could have told them that DeAngelo quit the police job because he didn't like it. Or any other similar excuses. They could have made things up like your siblings did. JMO

Then the next question they would ask would be why didn't he like it? Anyway, when he got the shoplifting charge, that crushed his dream of being a cop, which he had obviously worked very hard to make happen. People generally don't like to talk about their major failures like that. That combined with the fact that a lot of kids just don't really care what their parents were doing before they were born. So I don't find it surprising the daughters, didn't know that he was a former cop.

Here's a link to the FBI.gov website that discusses what they have learned about serial murderers. It's a little lengthy, but it is very interesting. Note that this is from 2005, but I think most of it still applies.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

I think the following statement from the above link explains a lot about what is probably "wrong" with DeAngelo and I also think his need for control explains his demeanor when he made his court appearance.

IV. Psychopathy and Serial Murder
Attendees at the Serial Murder Symposium agreed that there is no generic profile of a serial murderer. Serial killers differ in many ways, including their motivations for killing and their behavior at the crime scene. However, attendees did identify certain traits common to some serial murderers, including sensation seeking, a lack of remorse or guilt, impulsivity, the need for control, and predatory behavior. These traits and behaviors are consistent with the psychopathic personality disorder. Attendees felt it was very important for law enforcement and other professionals in the criminal justice system to understand psychopathy and its relationship to serial murder.

O/T
Related to smells and the 70's.
Our janitor at school used some kind of granules to clean up when someone got sick. The bus drivers used it too.
It had a strange sickeningly sweet smell.
(To me)

Does anyone know what that stuff was called back then?
On topic:
*I'm curious as to what its chemical make up was. It sounds similar.
The smell would hang around for days!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
it was saw dust with a chemical cleaner mixed in it at my school...man that stuff smelled but it did get the smell of vomit out of the classroom...lol

But... GOOGLE. All they had to do was google him. This seems intellectually lazy, at best.

I wonder if they are googling him NOW?
the only google hits on the guy come up after his arrest... remember all we know about the guy came to light since his arrest.

Then she would have had to explain about the shoplifting conviction too.
there was no shoplifting conviction, no charges were ever filed... GSK never showed up to the department hearing and he was fired but that's as far as it went. It was petty theft at best

I know and remember both of my parents work history because I find it interesting to know. I'm sure most people are interested in that.

I have a feeling that both parents lied to their children about DeAngelo's work history. I wonder why the mother didn't tell the kids the truth after she and their father where estranged? JMO
considering she went on to not only marry him but have his children after the stealing dismissal from the force tells me she is either in denial or totally screwed up in the head.
do we know her name?
surely there is images of her? we have images of bonnie which likely isnt really fair.
she removed herself from the monster completely.
eta
ive researched her easily.there is plenty msm info on her why aren't we talking about her???
she was an enabler. she is part of the equation like it or not.

there was no shoplifting conviction, no charges were ever filed... GSK never showed up to the department hearing and he was fired but that's as far as it went. It was petty theft at best
He had a jury trial and was convicted.

This could also be someone attempting to relate GSK to their own lives

Seems like he sprayed it to cause bloodhounds difficulty getting a trail.
would not work.. i have a friend who works with tracking dogs.. dogs do not smell things the way humans do.... you walk by a hot dog stand you smell the hotdog as one item maybe two. a dog smells the all ingredients of the hot dog as multiple items the casing, the chicken the pork, spices, the water it's cooking in, the bun etc etc etc..

repellent wouldn't distract him (nor does pepper spray or bear spray) because he's homed in on the scent he's be tasked to track... repellent of any kind may drive a random dog away that was not looking for any smell in general but a tracking dog would not be deterred... they are trained this way, have been since they started using dogs to track animals way back when, it's what makes them tracking dogs. only way any spray is throwing that dog off scent is spraying it directly in their face but since there's usually a cop attached to the other end of the leash that probably wouldn't have the effect you're looking for.. ha

Then the next question they would ask would be why didn't he like it? Anyway, when he got the shoplifting charge, that crushed his dream of being a cop, which he had obviously worked very hard to make happen. People generally don't like to talk about their major failures like that. That combined with the fact that a lot of kids just don't really care what their parents were doing before they were born. So I don't find it surprising the daughters, didn't know that he was a former cop.

I'm not surprised that DeAngelo keep it a secret that he was a cop in the past from his daughters.

I am surprised that their mother never told them.

He had a jury trial and was convicted.

Yes, he did. Which seems crazy if he didn't want to draw attention to himself....

And not just raping and murdering but being the most prolific rapist and murderer in your state's history. Finding out you've shared part of your life with a sadist? What are the odds she didn't know of EAR/ONS/GSK until this week? Imagine the horror.

I have been thinking about this all day and it's simply incomprehensible to me.

Most of us have a situation we can relate this to on a much, much smaller scale.
Spouse having an affair, parent having an affair, finding out a family member was a child molester.

You replay it in your head and it's totally torturous: "Did he visit his mistress the day our child was born? The day my father died? When he spoke at my mom's funeral, was he even sincere? What about when our child got married? Graduated college? Was he seeing the mistress during those events too? All these events that I thought meant something.... did any of them matter to him, at all? Was our entire marriage a lie?"

Over and over. Different events in your life. You replay them over and over and over in your head.
You always wonder and it's a new shock each time you think of something else.
You never look at any of them the same way again, they are forever tainted.

The feelings of betrayal, callousness, deception, fraud and even guilt you feel is overpowering.
You wonder how you could be so naive or stupid to not have seen the signs they were cheating.
Now... I try to imagine that rather than cheating on her, he was out raping and murdering?

I mean I'm glad that they aren't happily married but it's still got to be an unbelievable shock.
I hope his daughters/grandchildren had some idea that their dad/grandpa was not a great man.
If they still saw him as their hero this is really going to hit them hard. Wow. Incomprehensible. :gaah:

really? can you provide a link to that.. thanks in advance

I can't link to the article from the Auburn (CA) Journal because it is from a subscription site, and the site also will not let me put the article in pdf format. But in the Oct. 31, 1979 Auburn Journal, there is an article that states JJD Jr. had a three-day jury trial and was convicted of misdemeanor shoplifting. He denied he was trying to shoplift.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member