Race
: White female
Hair color: Brown
Eyes color: Green
Height: 60.0 to 65.0
Weight
: 100.0 to 130.0
Scars and marks: mole birthmark on hip; perfect teeth
Clothing and accessories: possibly wearing a Suwanee High School ring; wore prescription eyeglasses
Transportation methods: unknown
Dental
: Is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete
Fingerprints: is not available

Circumstances: MP went missing and was never heard from after September 24, 1976.

I am one of her nieces. Thank you so much for adding her case to your page!

Due to mishandling of the case 42 years ago, there was not an "official" investigation into the disappearance of my Aunt Debbie. This happened 2 years before I was born so I was relying on information from my mom. The original date of 1977 was due to that misinformation. Recently, I had it in my heart to find out more about her. Therefore, I joined groups on Facebook dedicated to missing and unidentified people. With the help of a few people, I was able to have an investigation opened as well as active and she was entered into NamUs.

I'm hoping to do more local research in the coming months to see if anything was ever in the local papers. However, I will probably have to visit my local library and go through their microfiche files of the paper from 1976 (IF they have them). My family and I sincerely appreciate everything that is being done to bring a resolution to my aunt's disappearance.

I am one of her nieces. Thank you so much for adding her case to your page!

Due to mishandling of the case 42 years ago, there was not an "official" investigation into the disappearance of my Aunt Debbie. This happened 2 years before I was born so I was relying on information from my mom. The original date of 1977 was due to that misinformation. Recently, I had it in my heart to find out more about her. Therefore, I joined groups on Facebook dedicated to missing and unidentified people. With the help of a few people, I was able to have an investigation opened as well as active and she was entered into NamUs.

I'm hoping to do more local research in the coming months to see if anything was ever in the local papers. However, I will probably have to visit my local library and go through their microfiche files of the paper from 1976 (IF they have them). My family and I sincerely appreciate everything that is being done to bring a resolution to my aunt's disappearance.

Could you tell us more about the circumstances of her disappearance? With more information I could add her to my "Missing and Forgotten" Facebook page

As this is an active & ongoing investigation, I don't know if it would be "wise" to divulge too much information at this time. I don't want to jeopardize the case. I simply want a resolution & closure for my family. Possibly, in the future, I will be able to add more. I will keep this thread updated.

As of now, the local sheriff's office has collected DNA samples from 2 of my aunts to submit in case of the discovery of her remains. Also, due to some of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, there is a suspect who is currently incarcerated on unrelated charges. This fact alone is why I can't divulge any other details.

As this is an active & ongoing investigation, I don't know if it would be "wise" to divulge too much information at this time. I don't want to jeopardize the case. I simply want a resolution & closure for my family. Possibly, in the future, I will be able to add more. I will keep this thread updated.

As of now, the local sheriff's office has collected DNA samples from 2 of my aunts to submit in case of the discovery of her remains. Also, due to some of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, there is a suspect who is currently incarcerated on unrelated charges. This fact alone is why I can't divulge any other details.

I don't think disclose some general information such as what was the last place she was seen would jeopardize the case.

I think what we want to know is when was she last seen and where. Since we only have a date

according to the Charley project: http://charleyproject.org/case/debora-jean-howard
Howard last seen in Live Oak, Florida on September 24, 1976. She has never been heard from again. Howard may have been in the company of George Allen McCraney at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case, but foul play is suspected
This George Allen McCraney guy has a lengthy criminal record, he is now serving a life sentence in Florida

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Miami-Dade-County-FL/George-A-Mccraney.3844210.html

FL – Debora “Debbie” Jean Howard, W/F, 20, Live Oak, Suwanee Co, 24 Sep 1976

Debora “Debbie” Jean Howard
*Alias: Deborah

1974.JPG 1973.JPG 1972.JPG 1971.JPG
1974 * 1973 * 1972 * 1971

Missing From: Live Oak, Suwanee County, Florida

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 07/20/1956
Height: 5’0-5’5” (60”-65”)
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Possibly wearing a Suwanee HS ring
Characteristics/Medical/Scars: Wore prescription eyeglasses, perfect teeth, mole/birthmark on hip
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Submitted Test Not Complete

Circumstances:
Debora was never heard from again after September 24th, 1976, she may have been in the company of George Allen McCraney whom is currently serving a life sentence in Florida.

Investigating Agencies:
Suwanee County Sheriff’s Office
200 South Ohio Avenue, Suite 105
Live Oak, FL. 32064
Tele: 386.362.2222 / 386.364.3416
MP Case # SCSO18off004098
Web: Home -

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 43158: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Carrie Sutherland
Tele: 817.202.5931
E-Mail: Carrie.Sutherland@unthsc.edu

The Charley Project - Debora Jean Howard – The Charley Project

Florida, Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Tele: 888.356.4774
Florida Missing Person Flyer

Florida CIC Case # SCSO18OFF004098
Missing Persons

42 years since Debora Howard's disappearance

It's been 42 years since a young woman from Suwannee County went missing in Lake City.
Sheriff's deputies say Debora Howard, 20 went to a bar in Lake City with her boyfriend, George "Alan" McCraney, and her friends. In August, we told you how deputies reopened her cold case.
Deputies now say they suspect McCraney is to blame for her disappearance. McCraney is currently in prison serving two life sentences for armed robbery. Two of Howard's sisters are working with investigators to help solve her case.

SCSO investigating Howard’s 1976 disappearance

t seen in 1976, Debora Howard’s family is hoping to finally find some answers and get some closure.

Howard, 20 at the time, disappeared Sept. 24, 1976, after going to the Rock Lounge in Lake City with her boyfriend George “Allen” McCraney and two of their friends.

McCraney told Howard’s mother the next day that after passing out he woke up to find Howard and all of her stuff gone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back