CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the link? Do you think he had buddies who covered for him? Thin Blue Line?

Speaking as a longtime spouse of an extremely dedicated cop, I find it disgusting that any person would cover for a rapist and murderer. Clearly GSW was and is a psychopath While it is possible that another member of law enforcement would be stupid enough to cover for GSW I think it unlikely. IMO, a person would have to be as full of evil and as crazy as GSW to purposely fail to speak up with any information that could stop a serial predator like DeAngelo. Most cops love their career and would not be willing to risk loosing it and possible criminal charges to save a cold blooded stalker. A simple shoplifter, equally wrong but more likely.

I’m glad he was fired for stealing. If police administrators and the DA are that serious about getting rid of a cop who shoplifts, they’re not going to put up with dirty cops of any kind, much less a ruthless killer. Again, my opinion only!

Well, they fired him and he was convicted and paid a find and probation. So they definitely did more than bat an eye. Normally, you don't expect a police officer to have a history of serial rape and murder, even if he is busted for shop lifting. The cop in the Onion Field was also a compulsive shoplifter. He was no serial killer. I don't see how anyone could have drawn a conclusion like "Hey, if this guy is stealing dog repellent and a hammer, and he's a cop, so we should look at him for the EAR series!" That line of reasoning would occur to exactly no one, no matter how seasoned a detective. It only looks "obvious" now with the benefit of hindsight. He was never on anyone's radar until last week. And only because of a familial DNA match.

I know there is much speculation that he tried to steal these items for the purpose of using them in murders and rapes, but perhaps he stole these items because it gave him a real thrill? We know he was very good at getting away with murder. Perhaps he was also very good at getting away with shoplifting, so he was only caught once?

Makes me wonder if he is also kleptomaniac. It's a relatively rare condition, but experts in the area now believe that kleptomania may be connected to personality disorders and certain mental illnesses. I'm not sure whether this potential connection had been been made at the time of his shoplifting incident.

:ditto:

Yes, me, too. There were, ~ 12 murders and 50 rapes. Granted, they were not back-to-back, but these all occurred in the dead of night when most married people are home in bed. I'm thinking he either worked odd shifts, or claimed he was filling in for the night shift guy. He was pretty slick to get these absences past his wife, IMHO. I know it's none of our business, but I'd like to know what he told her.

:cow:
My ex dressed in his supermarket uniform for two whole weeks,and 'went to work'. Until payday when he knew he couldn't explain why he won't be getting a paycheck.He down played getting fired for shoplifting.
He always had an explanation for everything,or down played everything he did wrong. He'd get really scary if I pressed him, or if I wouldn't buy his story. He would also play the guilt game on me, how dare I suspect him of anything bad.He's such a good guy. He was very adept at making me question my own beliefs. Everyone else has it wrong,everyone is mistaken.
Telling me right to my face I can't smell alcohol on his breath, and I dare not press him on it.
How I survived without killing myself Is due to my love for our kids.
Who were finally able to see He's not the godlike super hero he brainwashed them into believing he is. They have nothing to do with him now.

Hi All. I have joined a group of educated citizen sleuths who would like to see if there is a connection between GSK and the murder of Debbie Dorian. If anyone in central CA has any info that they would be comfortable with sharing, or if anyone is interested in helping research this case please feel free to message me. Thank you.

I am curious as to what similarities have been found between the manner in which Debbie Dorian was killed and GSK’s m.o. that would lead to seeing if there is a connection? I know the case was re-opened or being re-looked at since August 2017 and that two detectives are looking at it on their own time. But can’t help but wonder what specifically would lead anyone to check a connection? I understand there is DNA from Ms. Dorian’s case that has been linked to several other subsequent crimes in the Central Valley—is your group looking to compare GSK DNA to those crimes?

Hi All. I have joined a group of educated citizen sleuths who would like to see if there is a connection between GSK and the murder of Debbie Dorian. If anyone in central CA has any info that they would be comfortable with sharing, or if anyone is interested in helping research this case please feel free to message me. Thank you.

Welcome to Websleuths! Here is the link to Debbie's thread.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...22-Fresno-22-Aug-1996&highlight=Debbie+dorian

Have you requested a dna comparison yet? Now I am off to read up on Debbie's case!

My ex dressed in his supermarket uniform for two whole weeks,and 'went to work'. Until payday when he knew he couldn't explain why he won't be getting a paycheck.He down played getting fired for shoplifting.
He always had an explanation for everything,or down played everything he did wrong. He'd get really scary if I pressed him, or if I wouldn't buy his story. He would also play the guilt game on me, how dare I suspect him of anything bad.He's such a good guy. He was very adept at making me question my own beliefs. Everyone else has it wrong,everyone is mistaken.
Telling me right to my face I can't smell alcohol on his breath, and I dare not press him on it.
Who were finally able to see He's not the godlike super hero he brainwashed them into believing he is. They have nothing to do with him now.

THIS. Exactly. We don't know much about Deangelo's wife of all those years, and I think it is totally offside to call her an "enabler" or whatever. Who knows what he put her through? Who knows how much control he exerted over her? Thanks for sharing your personal story.

Yes, he did. Which seems crazy if he didn't want to draw attention to himself....

I have been thinking about this all day and it's simply incomprehensible to me.

Most of us have a situation we can relate this to on a much, much smaller scale.
Spouse having an affair, parent having an affair, finding out a family member was a child molester.

You replay it in your head and it's totally torturous: "Did he visit his mistress the day our child was born? The day my father died? When he spoke at my mom's funeral, was he even sincere? What about when our child got married? Graduated college? Was he seeing the mistress during those events too? All these events that I thought meant something.... did any of them matter to him, at all? Was our entire marriage a lie?"

Over and over. Different events in your life. You replay them over and over and over in your head.
You always wonder and it's a new shock each time you think of something else.
You never look at any of them the same way again, they are forever tainted.

The feelings of betrayal, callousness, deception, fraud and even guilt you feel is overpowering.
You wonder how you could be so naive or stupid to not have seen the signs they were cheating.
Now... I try to imagine that rather than cheating on her, he was out raping and murdering?

I mean I'm glad that they aren't happily married but it's still got to be an unbelievable shock.
I hope his daughters/grandchildren had some idea that their dad/grandpa was not a great man.
If they still saw him as their hero this is really going to hit them hard. Wow. Incomprehensible. :gaah:

You really did nail it with this. I mean... it's one thing to get your mind blown and your heart shattered by news of an affair, but no one sits around thinking "yeah, pretty sure hubby is a serial killer/rapist".

I'm not sure that SH is an enabler in any way at all.

I am curious as to why her daughters never knew that their father was a former police officer. JMO

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/sharon-huddle-deangelo-joseph-marie-wife/

It doesn't strike me as unusual at all that the daughters of JD never knew he was a police officer before any of them were born. Just off the top of my head I can think of 5 different occupations I've had before some of my kids were born, that they don't know anything about - only because it's never really come up. I suspect that's a lot more common than most might think.

I can't go back and read through alllll of the posts so don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Before her book, Michelle McNamara did an article that is at:

http://www.lamag.com/longform/in-the-footsteps-of-a-killer/

If you scroll down to the comments there's one from five years ago by "JD." Note those initials match James DeAngelo. Is the post by him? We'll probably never know but it says:

Begin quote:

JD • 5 years ago
So the police held a community meeting in the Sacramento area and about 600 people came. It's reported that a guy stood up and asked how could this be happening if the husbands are home - how could someone do that?

About a month later that same man was tied up while his wife was sexually assaulted.
They say the rapist was probably at the meeting.

So why did the police not get everyone's info at the meeting? Go through all the pictures I who was there and check off the list?

Is there any video of the meeting? Recordings? Pictures?

End quote.

Especially note the typo in "Go through all the pictures I who was there and check off the list?" It's rather like a slip admitting he was at the meeting. I'd say he intended to type "pictures of who was there" but goofed and ended up saying "I who was there."

Remember she is a lawyer, and also 7 years younger then him! If we do a little assuming....the timeline looks like she would have been in college during VR years and law school during the EAR/ONS years. Add onto all that, she was a mother (presumably!) while still attending law school.

That timeline isn't confirmed, but I feel it's likely. She would have been so, so busy. If that was the situation, I could see her not knowing where he was, simply because she probably wasn't at home all that much.

So that may explain why he stopped for summer vacation? She’d be free to notice how he spent his time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit I'm obsessed with the shoplifting of dog repellent + a hammer, the strange order a few women reported, and dogs stayed clear of him.
I'm like a dog with a bone. I think it plays a significant role.

I’m convinced the strange odor was this dog repellant stuff w keytones I remember being very popular. Pepper spray wasn’t popularly marketed as a dog repellant, it would be labeled pepper spray.
It has an odd, oily chemical peach/ rue smell that just makes you recoil- but doesn’t seem dirty or organic. It was marketed to get pets away from certain spots- curtains, couches and rugs. It was sold starting the late 60’s and I remember we tried to use it to train our puppy who peed once indoors. We kids mostly used it like chloroform to torture each other, you’d gag. It’s said to confuse and repel dogs, and it worked on our dog and on us! It’s still sold on Amazon as dog repellant.

I can't go back and read through alllll of the posts so don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Before her book, Michelle McNamara did an article that is at:

http://www.lamag.com/longform/in-the-footsteps-of-a-killer/

If you scroll down to the comments there's one from five years ago by "JD." Note those initials match James DeAngelo. Is the post by him? We'll probably never know but it says:

Begin quote:

JD • 5 years ago
So the police held a community meeting in the Sacramento area and about 600 people came. It's reported that a guy stood up and asked how could this be happening if the husbands are home - how could someone do that?

About a month later that same man was tied up while his wife was sexually assaulted.
They say the rapist was probably at the meeting.

So why did the police not get everyone's info at the meeting? Go through all the pictures I who was there and check off the list?

Is there any video of the meeting? Recordings? Pictures?

End quote.

Especially note the typo in "Go through all the pictures I who was there and check off the list?" It's rather like a slip admitting he was at the meeting. I'd say he intended to type "pictures of who was there" but goofed and ended up saying "I who was there."

I doubt if that commenter was him. Lots of JD's out there. However, there are plenty of photographs of that community meeting online.

And I've wondered myself if he is any of those pictures. It seems a lock that he was at the meeting. The coincidence of him attacking that man's home are just too great otherwise.

im thinking that since the DNA was uploaded to a site that had a disclaimer he will be held responsible however there may be some case law created off this case.
I'm more concerned about a warrant. I haven't heard a peep about them having one. I can't imagine they didn't but with what grounds did they use?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think he is trying to distort his voice so that comparison with his “gonna kill you” rant will be more difficult.

What a horrible experience for you. I'm so very sorry you had to go through this. You're a strong person, and you have my admiration for getting on with your own life. I'm glad your kids were able to see him as he really is.

I read somewhere along the way that a serial killer will often steal items used in the commission of their crimes as part of the dehumanizing of their victims. They are not going to “spend” any of their own money on their dark deeds. It’s possible that he shoplifted before every crime what he thought he needed according to the situation.

Yep, I think he probably did it a lot. He just got caught at it that one time and was lucky noone thought anything weird about it.

Here is an interview with Margaret Wardlow, the youngest known victim of the GSK. She's amazing!! :)

attachment.php

She also did a fascinating interview with Mike Morford and Mike Ferguson on the Criminology podcast on back April 1st, weeks before JJD was arrested - you can find it on iTunes.

Wardlow was 13 when the East Area Rapist attacked her, but she said she knew all about him from reading newspaper accounts and watching TV. “I felt like I had a bit of dossier about him, which was really lucky,” shesaid. “Not very many people have that before a rape.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Teen-victim-of-East-Area-Rapist-never-shed-a-12873239.php

Attachments

• Wardlow.jpg
    Wardlow.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 234
Anyone have a copy of the shoplifting report? Would it state what brand of dog repellent he stole? A few pages back a poster posted the ingredients of a 70's brand, and another poster a photo of vintage dog repellents. Hartz Haltz! and Ridz.

Have posted about it here before- methyl nonyl ketone is what was used to repel (not hurt) dogs, and sold in pet supply areas in Woolworths and hardware stores at that time period as indoor (and outdoor) repellant. Sniffing it would confuse your senses and make you gag and retreat. Very hard to describe the scent. Oily chemical peach and herbal- like rue. Not at all citric or spicy. I couldn’t describe it all until I found some on Amazon and researched it.

Speaking as a longtime spouse of an extremely dedicated cop, I find it disgusting that any person would cover for a rapist and murderer. Clearly GSW was and is a psychopath While it is possible that another member of law enforcement would be stupid enough to cover for GSW I think it unlikely. IMO, a person would have to be as full of evil and as crazy as GSW to purposely fail to speak up with any information that could stop a serial predator like DeAngelo. Most cops love their career and would not be willing to risk loosing it and possible criminal charges to save a cold blooded stalker. A simple shoplifter, equally wrong but more likely.

I’m glad he was fired for stealing. If police administrators and the DA are that serious about getting rid of a cop who shoplifts, they’re not going to put up with dirty cops of any kind, much less a ruthless killer. Again, my opinion only!

I agree I find it disgusting as well if anyone would cover for someone. What if there was one person who was willing to cover for him? I'm just thinking out loud. No offense to good cops!

I'm more concerned about a warrant. I haven't heard a peep about them having one. I can't imagine they didn't but with what grounds did they use?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You don't need a warrant to use a public database with discarded DNA. They would have needed a warrant if 1) They had used a private site like Ancestry.com or other, 2) If they wanted a direct cheek swab from JJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee