Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

A man has been charged with the murder of his partner, a mother-of-four, at a rural property in Victoria.

Police and paramedics arrived at a home on Lavenders Lane in Kyneton about 4pm yesterday.

They had rushed to the remote area about 95km outside of Melbourne after receiving a frantic phone call for help
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...-being-questioned-at-rural-victorian-property

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tanja might have been run over somewhere on the way home if she did get out of the car and possibly left along the side of the road. Who knows when her remains will be found if ever at all.

I wonder if the children will remember anything.

For those who are following this case maybe interested in this news. The listing also displays many images of the station, homestead etc that maybe of interest.

"Oulnina Park" Station at Manna Hill SA 5440 was listed today For Lease By EOI

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-other-sa-manna+hill-7956942

This is the Station where Tanja Ebert's Husband Michael Burdon shot himself

407a7c119cfe18448a5b29eb62baf34d.jpg

Christmas presents sit unopened alongside Christmas cards.

Dammit that’s sad.

For those who are following this case maybe interested in this news. The listing also displays many images of the station, homestead etc that maybe of interest.

"Oulnina Park" Station at Manna Hill SA 5440 was listed today For Lease By EOI

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-other-sa-manna+hill-7956942

This is the Station where Tanja Ebert's Husband Michael Burdon shot himself

Tanja’s body has never been found. I guess whoever takes up the lease will be informed that her remains may be somewhere on the property [emoji33]

Generally speaking one should bear in mind that Marlis B. was born in a time in Hamburg when WW II was raging and the entire city got bombed between 1940 and 1945. She was born around 1940 people wrote I think and as I got it from the author's website migrated to Australia around 1955.
I could imagine being born at that time and being a small child witnessing all that destruction might have had an impact on any child in that time. Google the destruction that has happened. All the city was bombed down.

And also one shouldn't forget that Mrs Marlis B.'s mother tongue is German. She was born there an very likely has some knowledge of it, even though I don not not in how far she cultivated it in Australia.
So shes could have spoken German with Tanja. And who knows maybe her son also spoke a little German? Maybe that is why he liked a Geman woman too? All speculation.

But one also should remember that since Mrs Marlis B. is German and from Hamburg, the mentality there is a bit more "cold" which might explain the coldness in the the interview. One is a bit more reserved in Hamburg and not as hearty as the British or maybe Australians. One isn't overly friendly - this is what it might appear like from the outside. But this is a cultural difference one needs to be aware of as well.

What is more, her publication "Letters to my Grandchildren" - did that refer to possible future grandchildren at that time or did she have some from a previous marriage as some others had asked before?

And why were her sons in school (boarding school ?! - boarding school syndrome?) while she was somewhere else ( since she writes that they visited her in the school holidays).

Maybe the sons didn't receive the nurturing they needed. What an awful situation that the two grandchild boys are parent- and motherless now too! And what about the German grandmother from Tanja's side? Wouldn't they want to see the children too? Do they have to stay in Australia? Aren't they half German too, having German passports?

In Germany... I will try and answer your questions separately, in this format..

What is more, her publication "Letters to my Grandchildren" - did that refer to possible future grandchildren at that time or did she have some from a previous marriage as some others had asked before?

Those grandchildren referred to are those from her first marriage, from which she had 3 children , who had children of their own, hence her grandchildren. She left that marriage ,, and the children, and began another family and marriage, with Mr Burdon snr.

Last edited:
And why were her sons in school (boarding school ?! - boarding school syndrome?) while she was somewhere else ( since she writes that they visited her in the school holidays).

Those sons she refers to were the 2 sons she produced from her second marriage, of which the younger was Michael, husband of Tania .

They would have been in boarding school, because there are no schools near Oulnina Park.. the nearest school would be 1500 klms away, and small children in that area would use the School of the Air * you can look that up on the internet *. When they reach a certain age, maybe 10, or 12, they go to boarding school.

Because the govt is obliged to educate the children of AU, and because education is compulsory, a tax break is given to parents who live in rural and remote areas to enable their children to be educated.

When she was writing these letters, she had taken a job as lighthousekeeper in an island off the coast of South Au , I think, accessible by boat in good weather, and her letters were published because she had a lot to add to the store of information about certain seabird colonies not easily observed .

Maybe the sons didn't receive the nurturing they needed. What an awful situation that the two grandchild boys are parent- and motherless now too! And what about the German grandmother from Tanja's side? Wouldn't they want to see the children too? Do they have to stay in Australia? Aren't they half German too, having German passports?

edited by me.

I do wonder even now what contact Tania's mother is able to have with these little children . Also, Tania's brother used to work on the property for 6 months of the year, and then back to Germany , he being the uncle of the children. Perhaps he now works on the property the children are living on now.

No they certainly don't have to stay in Australia, and I would expect there to have been a custody decision, regulated by law, in regard to these two kids, with legal guardians being appointed, and oversight as well.

As double orphans, ( which they will be when their mother is declared officially dead, which takes about 7 years ) they are protected by AU law up until the age of 21, and financially supported as well. They would always be free to travel where ever they wanted, at any time. They would have dual passports issued, I would think.

edited by me.

I do wonder even now what contact Tania's mother is able to have with these little children . Also, Tania's brother used to work on the property for 6 months of the year, and then back to Germany , he being the uncle of the children. Perhaps he now works on the property the children are living on now.

No they certainly don't have to stay in Australia, and I would expect there to have been a custody decision, regulated by law, in regard to these two kids, with legal guardians being appointed, and oversight as well.

As double orphans, ( which they will be when their mother is declared officially dead, which takes about 7 years ) they are protected by AU law up until the age of 21, and financially supported as well. They would always be free to travel where ever they wanted, at any time. They would have dual passports issued, I would think.
I really hope that they will be able to be reunited with Tanja's family in Germany. A bit of a shock for them, I am sure, but they are young enough to adapt. I would hate to see that cold grandmother get them. I am not sure that she would want them, anyway.

Given the parents's large age gap, Tanja's mother wouldn't be that old, at least way younger than Mr Burdon's mother Marlis. It is such a tragedy for the poor children to lose their mum or not be in contact with her (depending on what really happened) at such a crucial young age where the most important bonding processes take place. Same goes for the father. I wonder what mother tongue they will grow up in and where they will live to start with.

Given the parents's large age gap, Tanja's mother wouldn't be that old, at least way younger than Mr Burdon's mother Marlis. It is such a tragedy for the poor children to lose their mum or not be in contact with her (depending on what really happened) at such a crucial young age where the most important bonding processes take place. Same goes for the father. I wonder what mother tongue they will grow up in and where they will live to start with.

bolded by me.

just a quick reminder that it isn't a matter of depending on what really happened.

Before, just before Mr Michael Burdon excused himself and went to his shed and shot himself, he was arrested and charged with the murder of Tania EBERT . So what we can be reasonably certain of is, Tania is dead, and Michael murdered her.

What we don't know is where he murdered her, where her body has been hidden, and how he killed her.

Why he killed her is not necessary for the conviction of murder, and it is hardly likely anyone will ever know why.

bolded by me.

just a quick reminder that it isn't a matter of depending on what really happened.

Before, just before Mr Michael Burdon excused himself and went to his shed and shot himself, he was arrested and charged with the murder of Tania EBERT . So what we can be reasonably certain of is, Tania is dead, and Michael murdered her.

What we don't know is where he murdered her, where her body has been hidden, and how he killed her.

Why he killed her is not necessary for the conviction of murder, and it is hardly likely anyone will ever know why.
They will never find her body. That is a vast station and he knew it like the back of his hand. I just can't imagine what or why he would kill her. Unless, he was an abuser and she threatened to leave him and take the kids, but it seems that she was back on the road home with him, so that kind of leaves that out.
I think that they did get home and were both tired and cranky and he slapped her around a bit more than the usual casual beatings and she died of her injuries .

bolded by me.

Why he killed her is not necessary forthe conviction of murder, and it is hardly likely anyone will ever know why.

The "(depending on what really happened)" referred to whether or not they lost their mum for good in case she is dead. If they lost their mum it is a tragedy of course.

The "(depending on what really happened)" referred to whether or not they lost their mum for good in case she is dead. If they lost their mum it is a tragedy of course.

perhaps the difficulty is in the translation.

'whether or not they lost their mum for good'..

Their father was charged with the murder of their mother... you'd have to say, in regard to Tania , that means permanent loss, gone, not coming back, dead, ihre Mutter wird ermordet und ihr Körper versteckt.

That is what happened . There is no dispute, or alternative explanation or conclusion. Tania is dead, her body was hidden somewhere, the South Au Police were convinced beyond all doubt, so convinced are they that Tania is dead, and that her husband is the murderer, a bunch of them flew and then drove 1500 klms thru the outback desert to charge and arrest him .

That is not common , in Au. That takes a heavy direction from the top tier of Policing to undertake and a good look at the budget, and rounding up personnel to achieve the aim.

And the SA police don't appear to have made a mistake in this.. Since she left the Adelaide market at sunset that night, she has not used her bank card, her credit card, her Medicare card, her passport, her phone ( still missing presumably buried with the body ) her Myer card, her Qantas card, her Emirates card , her JetStar card.

She has not turned up for the compulsory vaccinations of her own children, nor their first day at School of the Air, nor has she contacted her parents, her brother, or her two young sons. At All. She has not replied to any email, text or letter. She has not purchased any clothing, shoes, underwear, or had a haircut, a manicure , a pedicure anywhere in Australia since that night .

She has not had any dental work of any nature done, and she hasn't had a pap smear test, nor a yearly checkup due since her car accident 8 years ago. She hasn't had the flu and required any antibiotics.
She isn't taking any contraceptives, and she hasn't turned up anywhere for a pregnancy test.

She hasn't eaten out anywhere and used her credit card or EFTPOS . She hasn't purchased any groceries with EFTPOS, and she hasn't filled any car she may have bought, with fuel. She hasn't renewed her drivers licence. She hasn't placed a bond on a unit to live in, or a house. Or rented anything..

These things are all the traces each of us leave every day of our lives . Of Tania, there are none whatsoever. 'In case she is dead' is not feasible.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288