CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't use discarded DNA to upload . They used the DNA from one of the CS to upload to GED match. They then had to do the geneology work to come up with a number of suspects who they ruled out by various means. Then they got to JJD and obtained his discarded DNA which matched the CS DNA. Bingo. Personally, I think we will see this happening a lot more.

Yes, that’s right. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did also get a warrant for his DNA. Unless they can definitively prove that the discarded DNA is his, it will be challenged in court. Well, the DNA will be challenged in court either way, but I think generally discarded dna is weaker, so usually followed up with a warrant.

OTOH, does CA automatically take dna from anyone arrested for a violent crime? If that’s the case, then maybe they don’t need a warrant.

MOO

My ex dressed in his supermarket uniform for two whole weeks,and 'went to work'. Until payday when he knew he couldn't explain why he won't be getting a paycheck.He down played getting fired for shoplifting.
He always had an explanation for everything,or down played everything he did wrong. He'd get really scary if I pressed him, or if I wouldn't buy his story. He would also play the guilt game on me, how dare I suspect him of anything bad.He's such a good guy. He was very adept at making me question my own beliefs. Everyone else has it wrong,everyone is mistaken.
Telling me right to my face I can't smell alcohol on his breath, and I dare not press him on it.
How I survived without killing myself Is due to my love for our kids.
Who were finally able to see He's not the godlike super hero he brainwashed them into believing he is. They have nothing to do with him now.

I'm so glad you and your kiddos survived that in one piece and that the kids see the truth now. Good for you, you're a strong & resilient mama!

What a horrible experience for you. I'm so very sorry you had to go through this. You're a strong person, and you have my admiration for getting on with your own life. I'm glad your kids were able to see him as he really is.
Thank You.
I'm so happy to be free now,and that I got my Awesome kiddos out of it,their wonderful significant others,and one Super Duper Grandchild.
I still have bad dreams,and flashbacks.
But even that doesn't bother me as much now, because I use them as mile markers for how far I've come.

I’m going to admit I had a kleptomaniac streak in high school. My family had a lot of recent tragedy, and associated fallout. Three of my siblings had died, and a close cousin was murdered within 4 years.
It started when I admired a poster in the subway, and a friend just ripped it down and handed it to me. It was a huge thrill. That was Elvis Costello for WPLJ radio in NYC. Unfortunately it was a series of cool looking ads, and I had to have Blondie, and Billy Joel.... and no one in my family questioned where I got them.

I started stealing clothes and keeping the money I was given for clothes to party with. I was poor and rationalized I was just stealing from companies and never people. But it became compulsive- I’d steal gifts for people and things that I didn’t need at all but I didn’t stop until I was arrested.

So yeah, it was an addictive thrill and I escalated. I took huge risks. I was a bit of a nihilist thinking life was deeply unfair and this was small potatoes. I was young and stupid, and I’m glad I stopped, even though it was awful being arrested. Never did it again. (Unless ashtrays count?)
I do regret it was pre Keith Haring’s subway posters though, because I would be a millionaire right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Truthy - thanks for the insight. Ashtrays don't count.

I’m going to admit I had a kleptomaniac streak in high school. My family had a lot of recent tragedy, and associated fallout. Three of my siblings had died, and a close cousin was murdered within 4 years.
It started when I admired a poster in the subway, and a friend just ripped it down and handed it to me. It was a huge thrill. That was Elvis Costello for WPLJ radio in NYC. Unfortunately it was a series of cool looking ads, and I had to have Blondie, and Billy Joel.... and no one in my family questioned where I got them.

I started stealing clothes and keeping the money I was given for clothes to party with. I was poor and rationalized I was just stealing from companies and never people. But it became compulsive- I’d steal gifts for people and things that I didn’t need at all but I didn’t stop until I was arrested.

So yeah, it was an addictive thrill and I escalated. I took huge risks. I was a bit of a nihilist thinking life was deeply unfair and this was small potatoes. I was young and stupid, and I’m glad I stopped, even though it was awful being arrested. Never did it again. (Unless ashtrays count?)
I do regret it was pre Keith Haring’s subway posters though, because I would be a millionaire right now.

at least you had good taste in the posters! and you weren't stealing murder weapons. I think your shoplifting falls in another category than the GSK creeper.

It's not just shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent. It's that it happened in the same area where 50 rapes and home invasions had occured. It's that he had to be restrained and tied to a chair. It's that he wad a cop with access to the same kind of revolvers used in the crimes. That in combination with not visibly checking and identifying every attendee at the town hall makes for terrible, shoddy police/detective work. The guy was sitting there at the town hall while at least 3 or 4 sketches that looked pretty darn close to his resemblance were displayed up on stage. Did they not even consider that the perp might attend? And no one in the police force recognized him as being the cop fired for shoplifting those items? They didn't go through and and do recognizance on all the 5' 10", 165 lbs, blue eyed, 30 year old men who showed up at the meeting?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Technically not the same towns. The rapes were occuring around but not in the town where he was a cop.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in the article linked upthread from the San Francisco Chronicle, there is a slideshow of images the FBI released about the case. Slide 9 shows a fence that blocks access to the American River, and says the GSK often used the river to escape the area after committing crimes. This may be old news, but I had read several people speculating that perhaps he escaped via the river and this is the first time I had read confirmation of that.

Very true. When I was 15, I flipped on a TV pro football game. On seeing that one of the announcers had the same name as our family, I mentioned it to my dad. He said, "Yeah, he's our cousin." First and last time Dad ever mentioned him.

I've had an almost identical experience. Was watching TV years ago and a program about the history of the Winnipeg Jets hockey team came on. They interviewed the Jets' first ever captain (1972-73 season I think). My dad casually mentioned, "That's your mother's first cousin." That was news to us kids. It's probably been mentioned exactly twice in the 35 years since.

My wife's family is totally opposite. They keep track of everyone; a second cousin is considered "family". Which seems so alien to me.

Very true. When I was 15, I flipped on a TV pro football game. On seeing that one of the announcers had the same name as our family, I mentioned it to my dad. He said, "Yeah, he's our cousin." First and last time Dad ever mentioned him.

Yep, when James Brady was shot- my mom exclaimed poor Little Jimmy Brady! She had been his nanny, and I never knew it. She had taken the kids to equestrian training in the exact same spot I’d been traveling out of state to 2X a year for a huge rummage sale, and never mentioned that either. Mom was weird, but very sweet.

I don’t know if this is already been posted but here is a link to the newspaper clip of his conviction. He had a jury trial and was sentenced to 6 months probation and $100 fine.

Golden State Killer / EAR/ONS Suspect Found Guilty of Shoplifting

Unbelievable. The EAR committed his 47th attack on June 25 1979 in Walnut Creek. He was arrested for shoplifting on July 2 in Sacramento County. Then committed attack # 48 on July 5 in Danville. It's like the arrest didn't happen. He just kept going.

Hang on everyone. I will be starting a new thread in a few moments.

This thread will be closing shortly.

Technically not the same towns. The rapes were occuring around but not in the town where he was a cop.
The shoplifting occured at a store on Greenback Ln in the middle of Citrus Heights!!!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Heh. The guy on the right looks like the Zodiac composite from the Paul Stine murder. One could really let one's imagination run wild. EARONS and the Zodiac photos side by side in the Exeter Sun. :happydance:

But the photo of Deagnelo looks like a dead ringer for the composite of the Visalia Ransacker. The resemblance is uncanny. They really nailed it way back then. I can't believe nobody recognized him as a local cop. So many people saw the VR's face up close. Said he looked pasty and schoolboyish.

Oh my. It does resemble Zodiac...

HAHA. I've had an almost identical experience. Was watching TV years ago and a program about the history of the Winnipeg Jets hockey team came on. They interviewed the Jets' first ever captain (1972-73 season I think). My dad casually mentioned, "That's your mother's first cousin." That was news to us kids. It's probably been mentioned exactly twice in the 35 years since.

My wife's family is totally opposite. They keep track of everyone; a second cousin is considered "family". Which seems so alien to me.
Lol, I come from mormons, who are all about genealogy! Of course, my particular family also practiced polygamy a couple generations ago, so between the stereotypical gazillion kids per family and the multiple wives, I'm pretty sure I'm related to 90% of mine and the neighboring state.

I wonder if the polygamy would cause confusion with DNA testing in a case like this? Hmm I've never thought about that aspect. I also don't understand science half the time, so idk. Curious.

I had heard of EARS/ONS/GSK before last week but hadn't studied the crimes very much as I found all the different names and types of crimes confusing. So I started reading about each crime last night before bed. I'm not very smart sometimes but managed not to have any nightmares. What a sick so-and-so!

Heh. The guy on the right looks like the Zodiac composite from the Paul Stine murder. One could really let one's imagination run wild. EARONS and the Zodiac photos side by side in the Exeter Sun. :happydance:

But the photo of Deagnelo looks like a dead ringer for the composite of the Visalia Ransacker. The resemblance is uncanny. They really nailed it way back then. I can't believe nobody recognized him as a local cop. So many people saw the VR's face up close. Said he looked pasty and schoolboyish.

You're right. Both composites look like those two officers. Hmmmm.

Hey Everyone,

Please continue your discussion RIGHT HERE!

Thank you.
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads