Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
contradictory:

[FONT=&amp] She (Beth) said her mother told her Brent had asked for a divorce and had asked Jennifer to move out.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Jennifer’s husband Bret (sp) said he had not asked his wife for a divorce or asked her to move out.

from article I posted.[/FONT]

I don't see any reason for the daughter to lie about it.

I could see why the husband might. Also him mentioning JW's mental health seems mighty convenient.

It appears she sent at least two different texts to different people. One to her daughters and son-in-law mentioning her ex-husband and one to her current husband saying sorry and goodbye for now. I can definitely see why she wouldn't send a text about her ex to her current husband.

This case could go either way for me and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I wonder if the daughters can corroborate the husband's statement that Jennifer has health issues.

"[FONT=&amp] Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress."

eta: I wonder if the husband in his Dateline interview used the word "had"[/FONT]

I wonder if the daughters can corroborate the husband's statement that Jennifer has health issues.

"[FONT=&] Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress."

eta: I wonder if the husband in his Dateline interview used the word "had"[/FONT]

Was the interview with the husband (Brent or "Bret"? I think the correct spelling is "Brent", but I am not sure of that.) paraphrased, or is there an actual video of him, in the flesh, speaking of these things.

New article, quite detailed

also her husband spoke:

[FONT="]When reached by Dateline, Jennifer’s husband Bret said he had not asked his wife for a divorce or asked her to move out. He stated that the morning Jennifer went missing, at around 1:30 a.m., he also received a text from her. He said it read, “Please know that I love you and I’m sorry for any pain,” followed by “I love you forever. Not goodbye. Just see ya later.” [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#232323][FONT="]Upon receiving the text, he says he and his son immediately began trying to locate his wife. That night, they contacted OnStar, called the sheriff’s office, and Jennifer’s cellphone company. Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress. [/FONT]

[FONT="]He also told Dateline that he has chosen to stay out of the public eye to keep the attention on finding his wife.[/FONT]
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ell-white-22-days-after-disappearance-n870256

Ummmmmm say whaaaaaaaa. ?
So that’s conflicting!

"[FONT=&amp] Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress."

She has MS.

Was the interview with the husband (Brent or "Bret"? I think the correct spelling is "Brent", but I am not sure of that.) paraphrased or is there an actual video of him in the flesh speaking of these things.

Apparently according to the article he spoke to Dateline, but I don't know if it was a video, by phone or with a reporter.

"[FONT=&] Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress."

It’s been stated in several MSM articles and videos she has MS.

Ohhh yes, thank you. That was mentioned earlier, I had forgotten.

As to her multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis, there are degrees of severity and progression. She was working full-time, in an incredibly critical and demanding job. I doubt that her mental acuity and functioning were sub-par. If she wasn't up to the demands of her position, she would have been replaced. That had not happened.

Curious whether or not she even had access to a debit or credit card. Possibly, for whatever reason , she didn't and had to use the only cash she had on hand for fueling her vehicle.

Someone emptied the bank account? Took her cards? Lost cards?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

From the article posted:

Receiving no responses from their mother, Allison and Beth began to panic. They called and texted family members and searched until around 6:00 a.m. Worried, they went to Beth’s house and officially reported their mother missing.

According to Allison, the sisters went back to Jennifer and Brent’s home later that morning to see if she had gone back. Brent was not home, but Allison says he later told them he had stayed with his son the previous day and night because of the fighting with Jennifer. Allison says he told her he had not seen Jennifer since the morning of April 8. When Beth spoke to Brent the next day, she said he was “emotional” and “upset.”

BUT;

When reached by Dateline, Jennifer’s husband Bret said he had not asked his wife for a divorce or asked her to move out. He stated that the morning Jennifer went missing, at around 1:30 a.m., he also received a text from her. He said it read, “Please know that I love you and I’m sorry for any pain,” followed by “I love you forever. Not goodbye. Just see ya later.”

Upon receiving the text, he says he and his son immediately began trying to locate his wife. That night, they contacted OnStar, called the sheriff’s office, and Jennifer’s cellphone company. Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress.

So the girls went to the house , but even after receiving the message at 1:30 in the morning Brent NEVER thought to go the house?

I wonder, were the clothes Jennifer had on in the gas station video the same clothes she had on when Beth left her house 10 minutes earlier?

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

It’s been posted in a few articles that she had MS. Not sure I can find an article quickly but will link once I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder, were the clothes Jennifer had on in the gas station video the same clothes she had on when Beth left her house 10 minutes earlier?

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

Daughter commented on the video stating it was the same outfit but different shoes. She says she had on house slippers at home & video shows rain boots of some type I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New article, quite detailed

also her husband spoke:

[FONT="]When reached by Dateline, Jennifer’s husband Bret said he had not asked his wife for a divorce or asked her to move out. He stated that the morning Jennifer went missing, at around 1:30 a.m., he also received a text from her. He said it read, “Please know that I love you and I’m sorry for any pain,” followed by “I love you forever. Not goodbye. Just see ya later.” [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#232323][FONT="]Upon receiving the text, he says he and his son immediately began trying to locate his wife. That night, they contacted OnStar, called the sheriff’s office, and Jennifer’s cellphone company. Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress. [/FONT]

[FONT="]He also told Dateline that he has chosen to stay out of the public eye to keep the attention on finding his wife.[/FONT]
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ell-white-22-days-after-disappearance-n870256

I really don’t know what to think at this point.

As far as the husband’s statement that he had not asked Jennifer to move out or for a divorce, it’s basically his words against hers, IMO, and thus it would be nearly impossible to prove who is telling the truth, IMO.

I have to say it doesn’t make sense to me that Jennifer would be doing all the things she was doing on Sun., if she was not going to move out. And if she was going to, why would she tell Emiley the things she did as to why?

As to the things the husband says he and his son did that night, those things should be verifiable with records to back them up, IMO.

I do wonder why they contacted the Sheriff’s Office, not the Moulton City Police Department, unless the reporter made an error, and also why they did not start looking for her immediately, whereas “Beth went driving around to hotel parking lots in the area to see if their mother had possibly rented a room.”

About ten years ago, my brother disappeared after making suicidal remarks. Though he was found in less than 24 hours, the entire time, no matter what I just could not sit still. His phone pinged near Soldier Field in Chicago around ten o’clock at night, and my ex husband and I kept driving around the area with our children in their car seats in the back of our minivan until he was found a few hours later.

The husband’s reason as to why he didn’t speak up until now does not make sense to me personally (Jennifer is missing: If not family, who will be her voice?), but if they had not been getting along, maybe he was so angry at her that he didn’t really care ... maybe.

Still no word on when the daughters and the husband first spoke to each other, whether via voice communication or text, after receiving the texts. I would think they all would try to reach each other as soon as they saw the messages, but all that the article says is when the daughters went back to Jennifer’s home sometime after 6 am, he wasn’t there. Curious, IMO.

I know this is very premature and unfounded, but I'm getting the both the Crystal McDowell and the other Crystal (don't remember her last name), cop's wife.....vibe here.
I don't know......it could go either way.

From the article posted:

Receiving no responses from their mother, Allison and Beth began to panic. They called and texted family members and searched until around 6:00 a.m. Worried, they went to Beth’s house and officially reported their mother missing.

According to Allison, the sisters went back to Jennifer and Brent’s home later that morning to see if she had gone back. Brent was not home, but Allison says he later told them he had stayed with his son the previous day and night because of the fighting with Jennifer. Allison says he told her he had not seen Jennifer since the morning of April 8. When Beth spoke to Brent the next day, she said he was “emotional” and “upset.”

BUT;

When reached by Dateline, Jennifer’s husband Bret said he had not asked his wife for a divorce or asked her to move out. He stated that the morning Jennifer went missing, at around 1:30 a.m., he also received a text from her. He said it read, “Please know that I love you and I’m sorry for any pain,” followed by “I love you forever. Not goodbye. Just see ya later.”

Upon receiving the text, he says he and his son immediately began trying to locate his wife. That night, they contacted OnStar, called the sheriff’s office, and Jennifer’s cellphone company. Bret told Dateline that Jennifer had medical issues that he believes could have caused her mental distress.

So the girls went to the house , but even after receiving the message at 1:30 in the morning Brent NEVER thought to go the house?

Searched "all over"? Except the house? Surely we are wrong about this.

As to her multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis, there are degrees of severity and progression. She was working full-time, in an incredibly critical and demanding job. I doubt that her mental acuity and functioning were sub-par. If she wasn't up to the demands of her position, she would have been replaced. That had not happened.

Depression in its various forms is one of the most common symptoms of multiple sclerosis. In fact, studies have suggested that clinical depression—the most severe form—is more frequent among people with MS than it is in the general population or in many other chronic illnesses.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis/MS-Symptoms/Depression

We don’t know if maybe she had been recently struggling with her work duties or not. Moving out of her marital home, husband asking for divorce, high blood pressure, and MS could certainly lead to depression and/or her mind not being in the right place. Not to mention that MS itself can cause depression due to the effect it has on some people’s nerves. So just because she was working a demanding job doesn’t mean she wasn’t depressed or struggling imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500