Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that Jennifer's daughters would make up the details about the impending divorce and Jennifer moving out. I do think that her daughters would have tried to reach the husband by phone as to their concerns over Jennifer having gone missing and the texts they received. I don't know, but if they did attempt to contact him, I would hope that he would have responded.

I agree, and I believe Jennifer’s daughters completely.

One thing that stands out to me is how quickly Jennifer seemed to want to move.

Emiley said Jennifer texted her about being asked for a divorce and to move out only the night before. Jennifer wanted both of her daughters to come and help her move the very next day, yet she hadn’t even gotten a storage space, let alone a place to stay.

This is purely speculative, but I am wondering if the husband did something the night before that frightened Jennifer, so much so that she knew she had to leave ASAP, but she somehow felt embarrassed about the situation, so instead of telling Emiley what really happened, she told her the husband had asked for a divorce and for her to move out.

Speculating again, maybe Jennifer did not want to scare Emiley by telling her exactly what had transpired.

These types of scenarios may explain why there are conflicting statements coming from the daughters and the husband.

All MOO.

Phone traffic leading up to the time her daughter arrived at the house is very important. She either placed or received a call just prior because she set the kids stuff outside already. I wonder if neighbors noticed if she placed things in the Tahoe? I have so many questions!

Phone traffic leading up to the time her daughter arrived at the house is very important. She either placed or received a call just prior because she set the kids stuff outside already. I wonder if neighbors noticed if she placed things in the Tahoe? I have so many questions!
It kinda feels like she was trying to get gone before the daughter got there and I've actually been thinking this for a while now. But, again, why?

MOO

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

One of the things that leads me away from suicide is how important her job seemed to her. Joint Commission surveys are a huge deal to hospitals. It seems like Jennifer was one of the people helping to get ready for the survey and I'm sure was planning on it being a stressful week, but seemed to one of the people that "needed" to be there that week. It typically happens every 3 years and everywhere I've worked seems to prepare for it at least a year in advance.

I just don't see her leaving on her own that week knowing how important it was and how much work had gone into it. I know some will say that "it's just a job", but from a fellow nurse who has gone through more than a handful of surveys - I would have to say differently. It's just what I know from seeing that she worked in Quality Management in the hospital.

Adding that she seemed like a person with a strong faith and very supportive family, I just don't know.

Another thought is maybe she took her daughter's hesitation to help and wanting to wait a day as one of not being totally supportive? Perhaps she perceived that slight hesitation as being all alone in this world? As mentioned a few times in this thread, her smiling in the video could be sign of a plan to end her suffering or she could be happy to be finally getting out of a failed marriage. If suicide, I would think it would absolutely had to have been a quick decision. I can't see her packing up and starting the moving process if she had no longer planned to be around.

Her "no nonsense" stride and smile makes her look very sure of herself. I really don't think she was expecting "this" to take long and she would be back on track to complete her tasks. Just how the video comes across to me. An accident maybe, but I am shying away from suicide. But I do reserve the right to back track!

Why was her husband spending the night with his son (if he hadn't asked for divorce, etc)? Has this been stated and I've missed it?

What if it wasn’t his son he was staying with?
Does anyone know the distance from Decatur to Moulton?

I noted that we have a couple of locals following and I have a question. Is the phone/Internet reception normally spotty on this stretch of Hwy? If so at what point do you loose service? 12 hours on that small stretch of Hwy is a long time. It is probably only about 25 minutes from where she left the gas station. Did she turn off her phone? Her daughters said she was ALWAYS in contact with them.

Does anyone else think Double springs where the last ping came from may be a deflection?

I was able to bring it up still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right. It is back up. That is strange. I wasn't the only one who noticed it was down for awhile this afternoon. There are comments on EH's page about it.

I have a big 4 x 4. I'd never intentionally put in just $ 10. I'm guessing she didn't want a credit card trace.

I get this amount in my car when I am in a hurry to get somewhere

I noted that we have a couple of locals following and I have a question. Is the phone/Internet reception normally spotty on this stretch of Hwy? If so at what point do you loose service? 12 hours on that small stretch of Hwy is a long time. It is probably only about 25 minutes from where she left the gas station. Did she turn off her phone? Her daughters said she was ALWAYS in contact with them.

It's about 20 miles/30 min from Moulton to Decatur. I always lose service through Bankhead forest with CSpire and so does my husband with Verizon. We go through North Alabama a good bit and that area is always spotty service. I have wondered what she did in those 12 hours.

last update I could find.

Nothing new really

But her grandkid just had a birthday.

Beth: "This is a woman who worships her grandchildren. my daughter just had a birthday, she wouldn`t miss that."

Also this kind of struck me: "
Jennifer's husband, Moulton City Councilman Brent White said it a private and personal matter "

http://whnt.com/2018/05/01/law-enforcement-continues-to-search-for-missing-moulton-woman/

So that in itself explains why no pings. Did she ever get to Double Springs? I doubt it. But we know her phone did. I hope they are pulling all video they can find for Double Springs. Something interesting may show up there.

So that in itself explains why no pings. Did she ever get to Double Springs? I doubt it. But we know her phone did. I hope they are pulling all video they can find for Double Springs. Something interesting may show up there.

I might have missed it upthread and I apologize for asking this, but, did they actually find her cell phone?

last update I could find.

Nothing new really

But her grandkid just had a birthday.

Beth: "This is a woman who worships her grandchildren. my daughter just had a birthday, she wouldn`t miss that."

Also this kind of struck me: "
Jennifer's husband, Moulton City Councilman Brent White said it a private and personal matter "

http://whnt.com/2018/05/01/law-enforcement-continues-to-search-for-missing-moulton-woman/

WOW. I just dropped my jaw. We have seen a lot of different quotes from the grieving but never that from the family of the missing.

Texting in the wee hours of the morning prior to embarking on her "journey"; bounding through the parking lot of the gas station, with a euphoric grin; wearing clothes that are not usual and appropriate to her "normal" custom of dress -- all suggest to me that she could have been in the grips of a "manic" state. Just my opinion, not based on fact. Mania can be induced by changes in medication, among other causes.

I SO agree! My boyfriend is bipolar and Mania is like the complete 180 of who he is normally. Bizarre and out of character behavior leading to blowing money etc. problem is that Mania itself could lead to dangerous behavior, but mania is almost always followed by deep and dark depression with potential suicidal ideations...if she has lived her life thus far without having full blown mania - her family may not recognize it for what it is and just think she is “off”.
I hope so much that she is found safe!

Are suicidal people generally smiling and happy right before they commit the act? Do people who are in a manic state act happy? Are people who are in a manic state at risk for suicide?

I don't know much about those types of mental illness. I'm just confused because she was smiling so much in the surveillance video from the gas station... She didn't act like someone who was getting ready to harm herself, but I could be wrong. IMO

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Yes, yes and yes. Mania can make you commit risky behaviors and manic episodes are also typically followed by a severe and dibilitating depression with suicidal ideations. Some folks appear content just before suicide because they decided that relief is in sight. Mental illness does some crazy stuff (no pun meant).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members