GUILTY TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #19

After the lawsuit was filed against TC and the Maury County School board, it was only a matter of time. Of course it doesn't help that your star attorney abandoned you. But it appears that MCET came around and "spilled the beans' on everything that happened. IMO.

What a bombshell! TC made a very wise decision that will make it easier for everyone to move on with their lives. Too bad he couldn't have made wiser decisions a year ago.

Here's a little more in the article since I have it already typed up! :) Rodnester beat me to it!

Change of plea hearing to be held Thursday for Tad Cummins
http://www.wkrn.com/news/change-of-plea-hearing-to-be-held-thursday-for-tad-cummins/1094535287

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - A change of plea hearing will be held on Thursday afternoon for Tad Cummins.

The former Maury County teacher is accused of taking one of his students across the country for sex. Last week, News 2 learned Cummins had filed paperwork to change his plea from not guilty to guilty.
[.....]
Cummins still faces State charges of kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor.

Pleading guilty to: Federal charges of charges of obstruction of justice and transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of engaging in criminal sexual conduct.

In addition to these federal charges, Cummins is also expected to face state charges of kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor.

Here's a little more in the article since I have it already typed up! :) Rodnester beat me to it!

Change of plea hearing to be held Thursday for Tad Cummins
http://www.wkrn.com/news/change-of-plea-hearing-to-be-held-thursday-for-tad-cummins/1094535287

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - A change of plea hearing will be held on Thursday afternoon for Tad Cummins.

The former Maury County teacher is accused of taking one of his students across the country for sex. Last week, News 2 learned Cummins had filed paperwork to change his plea from not guilty to guilty.
[.....]
Cummins still faces State charges of kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor.

Pleading guilty to: Federal charges of charges of obstruction of justice and transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of engaging in criminal sexual conduct.

In addition to these federal charges, Cummins is also expected to face state charges of kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor.

Thanks, so he still has state charges pending after this plea...,

As far as the article says - He is going to plead guilty to FEDERAL charges. State charges will still be pending.

And I guess we will find out more at the hearing tomorrow.

Thursday, April 5th:
*Plea Hearing - TN - Mxx Cxxx Exxx Txxx (15) (Mar. 13, 2017) - Tad Cummins (50) accused of transporting minor across state lines & obstruction of justice. Both felony charges. Trial date was set for August 21st; expected to last a week & a half.
Will have Plea hearing this Thursday, April 5. Will plead guilty to FEDERAL charges of obstruction of justice and transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of engaging in criminal sexual conduct. Cummins still faces State charges of kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor.

Tad Cummins, former teacher charged in kidnapping case, has pleaded guilty

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...s-charged-pleads-guilty-kidnapping/475018002/

snipped

A federal prosecutor had just read a lengthy statement outlining the allegations against him.

That he had fostered a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student while he was a teacher at a Maury County high school.

That he had convinced the girl to run away with him on March 13, 2017, a move that spurred an Amber Alert and a nationwide manhunt.

That he had destroyed their phones and stolen out-of-state license plates so he could escape detection for 38 days before authorities found and arrested him in California.

"You are pleading guilty because you are in fact guilty?" U.S. District Judge Aleta A. Trauger asked.

Speaking so softly that many in the audience couldn't hear him, he answered: "Yes, ma'am.

At some point, Myers said, the relationship became sexual. They had been intimate in the closet in Cummins' classroom, Myers said.

The teenage victim and her family watched from back of the courtroom"

I am very glad that MCET will not have to be further victimized by having to testify on the witness stand. I wish her the very best and hope that she is doing well with her studies and on her way to a bright future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back