Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were all here for WCJD, but I feel so sad for NV regardless if she’s WCJD or not. It’s so heartbreaking to think about how many people out there have no family connections and no one to claim them in death. Mad respect for all you sleuths out there that work so hard to give DOES their identitys back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the movement on Buckskin Girls case, I just want to send some love to WCJD and hope that her case can soon be resolved!

With all the movement on Buckskin Girls case, I just want to send some love to WCJD and hope that her case can soon be resolved!

Yes Finders! And hope people let LE handle contacting, so families don't get harrassed and upset like what happened on other thread. Yes, Walker County, were trying so hard to bring you home.😃

I had an interesting dream about WCJD the other night. I had a TARDIS like Doctor Who and i landed it outside the restaurant. I followed her in and i had a copy of the Wikipedia article on her and as she was saying "Who cares?", i put the document on the bench. Unfortunately i woke up so i can't remember how she reacted.

I had an interesting dream about WCJD the other night. I had a TARDIS like Doctor Who and i landed it outside the restaurant. I followed her in and i had a copy of the Wikipedia article on her and as she was saying "Who cares?", i put the document on the bench. Unfortunately i woke up so i can't remember how she reacted.

Thats so weird because I had a dream about WCJD last night!

In the dream, I was a student at a school and WCJD was another student. She seemed really nice and she said we should hang out after school, but loads of stuff happened and I couldn't make it. I tried to get a message to her to let her know, but I couldn't. Then I woke up.

I don't even usually dream or perhaps I just forget about them, but this one is still very clear in my mind.

Wow with two people dreaming about her, maybe something is about to happen in the case or maybe she’s saying “ don’t give up on me”. I am certainly hoping they look at her for DNA testing with the Doe project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found someone listed on findagrave as "missing" since Sept 1980 and I was thinking that she could be a Jane Doe like Walker County Jane Doe-- but there is ZERO info about her case online that I can find. Her family has her list as "Missing - presumed dead" on their Ancestry family tree. I need someone who is willing to pick this up and contact her family or California investigators to find out if there is a missing persons report/get this case in NAMUS (I don't like to contact people but I know many of you here are pros at it). Please see posts here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...en-entered-into-NAMUS&p=14096695#post14096695

(cross posted on Arroyo Grande UID thread as well)

I found someone listed on findagrave as "missing" since Sept 1980 and I was thinking that she could be a Jane Doe like Walker County Jane Doe-- but there is ZERO info about her case online that I can find. Her family has her list as "Missing - presumed dead" on their Ancestry family tree. I need someone who is willing to pick this up and contact her family or California investigators to find out if there is a missing persons report/get this case in NAMUS (I don't like to contact people but I know many of you here are pros at it). Please see posts here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...en-entered-into-NAMUS&p=14096695#post14096695

(cross posted on Arroyo Grande UID thread as well)

Thank you now I am totally obsessed with finding what happened with Gail Skelton!!!!!

Thank you now I am totally obsessed with finding what happened with Gail Skelton!!!!!

Thank you, Sloane! If you reach out to her family or find anything else about her disappearance please update us on the "Is Your Case in NAMUS" thread linked above.

Revised ... found Gail Skelton, 1971 Galt High School, Junior

attachment.php

Wow, thank you foile! Was the other pic you deleted not her? In the above pic, does it look like she has a slight gap in her teeth in the same place as Arroyo Grande?

Please post over AGJD's thread too: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-WhtFem-258UFNV-14-25-Oct-80-*GRAPHIC*/page57

:tyou:

ETA: oops, you were still editing. I think the gap is more apparent in her senior picture, but her nose doesn't look like AGJD. Her senior pic looks closer to WCJD. JMO.

Wow, thank you foile! Was the other pic you deleted not her? In the above pic, does it look like she has a slight gap in her teeth in the same place as Arroyo Grande?

Please post over AGJD's thread too: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-WhtFem-258UFNV-14-25-Oct-80-*GRAPHIC*/page57

:tyou:

ETA: oops, you were still editing. I think the gap is more apparent in her senior picture, JMO.

Well there are (2) Gail Skelton's, I originally had the wrong photo this is the correct photo from Galt HS

I'm human ... make mistakes by the minute .. :scared:

Neither of the photos appear she had a space "gap" between her teeth, all thou once you enlarge there seems to be a space in the left side

Revised ... found Gail Skelton,

1972 Galt High School, Senior
attachment.php

1971 Galt High School, Junior
attachment.php

Quoting to enlarge pics (they get bigger when I quote for some reason). Thank you for finding these.

ETA: In the top picture I can see a resemblance to WCJD in the nose and chin. JMO.

Well there are (2) Gail Skelton's, I originally had the wrong photo this is the correct photo from Galt HS

I'm human ... make mistakes by the minute .. :scared:

Neither of the photos appear she had a space "gap" between her teeth, all thou once you enlarge there seems to be a space in the left side

Yes, the slight one on the left side is what I was seeing. Is she too old to be WCJD?

Thank you for figuring out the correct photo. I was only asking because the one you deleted looked like the same girl with the quick glimpse I got of her (I guess I'm not too good at split second facial recognition-- I make mistakes too, probably more frequently than by the minute ;) .

Not sure if she is WCJD, but at least we will have photos now if Gail gets a NAMUS page (or Charley Project or DOe Network, etc.).

My attempt at a side-by-side with one of Carl's sketches of WCJD:

attachment.php

(I reversed the image so both would be facing the same direction)

What do you all think?

Attachments

• Gail and WCJD.png
    Gail and WCJD.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 212
Yes, the slight one on the left side is what I was seeing. Is she too old to be WCJD?

Thank you for figuring out the correct photo. I was only asking because the one you deleted looked like the same girl with the quick glimpse I got of her (I guess I'm not too good at split second facial recognition-- I make mistakes too, probably more frequently than by the minute ;) .

Not sure if she is WCJD, but at least we will have photos now if Gail gets a NAMUS page (or Charley Project or DOe Network, etc.).

Understand, just had my Triple Mocha Frap with an extra shot of espresso ... needless to say I was over zealous ..

The other photo was a Gail S she went to Arroyo Grande HS for a couple of years, then moved and graduated from S Salem HS in Oregon. Gail Deann Skelton, is the correct one she lived in Galt CA in which Galt is where the burial spot is for her mother and sister from Find a Grave.

Understand, just had my Triple Mocha Frap with an extra shot of espresso ... needless to say I was over zealous ..
OT: That sounds SO good right about now, I might just go get one. Cheers:toast: (just pretend the beer mugs are frappe, lol)

The tip was in reference to a girl whose initials are NV (V standing for a Hispanic surname).

According to *advertiser censored*, NV had very large pretty eyes, full-lips, and sandy colored "tangled" hair. She often wore poorly fitting clothes that were probably hand-me-downs. NV didn't at all look Hispanic (as her surname might suggest), and she very much resembled the drawings of WCJD (especially this one, except *advertiser censored* says NV never styled her hair that nicely).

There are several persons born in Texas with the same name as NV, including one who was born in 1967 in San Patricio County (where Aransas Pass is located).

What about the possible Cajun connection combined with the Spanish name? I remember in past threads, a possible match was described as being from a Cajun family that had moved to Port Aransas from Louisiana. Gulf coast Texas has a good number of Cajuns.

Spanish surnames are common in the two parishes south of New Orleans (the rural counties were settled by "Islenos" from the Canary Islands). They have lived there for centuries. Being directly from Spain via the Canary Islands, few would have strong Hispanic features.

In addition, I would not be surprised if a good number, including one that I knew, identify themselves as "Cajuns" to outsiders who inquire just to simplify things. In Louisiana, the two groups have close cultures, physical appereances, religion etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member