Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the possible Cajun connection combined with the Spanish name? I remember in past threads, a possible match was described as being from a Cajun family that had moved to Port Aransas from Louisiana. Gulf coast Texas has a good number of Cajuns.

Spanish surnames are common in the two parishes south of New Orleans (the rural counties were settled by "Islenos" from the Canary Islands). They have lived there for centuries. Being directly from Spain via the Canary Islands, few would have strong Hispanic features.

In addition, I would not be surprised if a good number, including one that I knew, identify themselves as "Cajuns" to outsiders who inquire just to simplify things. In Louisiana, the two groups have close cultures, physical appereances, religion etc.

There is an annual celebration Islenos actual dancers come from the Canary Islands its a very cool event. The Islenos settled in lower St Bernard Parish east of New Orleans. There were several settlements however it came down to St Bernard as the primary.

Most of the friends I know that are descendants from Islenos have very dark hair, dark eyes and are petite in size.

http://www.nola.com/300/2017/07/1778_the_islenos_arrive_in_lou.html

French, German, Italian and Spanish surnames are plentiful from Alabama to Texas Gulf Coast

It would not surprise me if she was from Louisiana many I know here have moved to Texas for work in the oil & gas industry

Yes, the slight one on the left side is what I was seeing. Is she too old to be WCJD?

Thank you for figuring out the correct photo. I was only asking because the one you deleted looked like the same girl with the quick glimpse I got of her (I guess I'm not too good at split second facial recognition-- I make mistakes too, probably more frequently than by the minute ;) .

Not sure if she is WCJD, but at least we will have photos now if Gail gets a NAMUS page (or Charley Project or DOe Network, etc.).

I think she’s too old to be wcjd but finds like these are so important and it’s worth pursuing for other UID cases obviously. There is a group on fb with some excellent admins who are proficient at researching cases and getting them into namus. This is the group, it could be worth posting in there to see if someone can help you further? If you don’t feel comfortable posting in the group then I’m happy to do it for you. C73E60FB-97E5-47B2-A4F3-0CF3DFB44689.jpg

I think she’s too old to be wcjd but finds like these are so important and it’s worth pursuing for other UID cases obviously. There is a group on fb with some excellent admins who are proficient at researching cases and getting them into namus. This is the group, it could be worth posting in there to see if someone can help you further? If you don’t feel comfortable posting in the group then I’m happy to do it for you. View attachment 133979

Rats has contacted LE and is corresponding with someone whom knew Gail, I'm sure she will see this post if she needs assistance

I joined this forum after being contacted by someone from your site here. I have been researching the Skelton case for years. She has been missing since 1980 but someone has used her name and identity to rent a house in Stockton during the 1990s-2000s and that is currently something I am looking into. Gail disappeared along with her car, just 4 months after her fiance' had drowned in the Delta. I have been researching both of their deaths for years.

I joined this forum after being contacted by someone from your site here. I have been researching the Skelton case for years. She has been missing since 1980 but someone has used her name and identity to rent a house in Stockton during the 1990s-2000s and that is currently something I am looking into. Gail disappeared along with her car, just 4 months after her fiance' had drowned in the Delta. I have been researching both of their deaths for years.

Welcome to Websleuths J Rubio. :wagon:Thank you for the additional info on Gail's case. Over in another thread, we are discussing how to get her case listed in NAMUS: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?83841-Has-your-case-been-entered-into-NAMUS/page5

It's important to get her case listed in NAMUS so that if she is a Jane Doe somewhere she can be identified. But if she happens to be alive and simply cut off contact with family it can also aide in finding that out.

Hey, that was me! Thanks for coming to join! This is totally up your alley so I'm glad you came along.

I think we should probably start a thread for Gail...?

Hey, that was me! Thanks for coming to join! This is totally up your alley so I'm glad you came along.

Yes a thread needs to be open for Gail and move away discussions from AGJD and WCJD

I've always been told we need something "official" (MSM, missing persons report number, NAMUS, etc) to start a thread but if the mods approve and you have enough info RATS, please go ahead and get her thread started (I don't know where she was reported missing from-- California?). Maybe the mods can move the posts on Gail from this thread and the "Is your case in NAMUS" thread over into one thread so we don't have to post it all again?

I've always been told we need something "official" (MSM, missing persons report number, NAMUS, etc) to start a thread but if the mods approve and you have enough info RATS, please go ahead and get her thread started (I don't know where she was reported missing from-- California?). Maybe the mods can move the posts on Gail from this thread and the "Is your case in NAMUS" thread over into one thread so we don't have to post it all again?

I will talk to Carl about it and then make the thread, yes - just to make sure. He would probably know?

I will talk to Carl about it and then make the thread, yes - just to make sure. He would probably know?

Yes, I think he should know. Sounds like a good plan. Thank you.

I always thought she might have been visiting her father, maybe she had never met but had been told by someone her father was a prisoner there, I know they say none of the inmates knew her but what if he had never met her or didn't know she even existed.

I just came across this a little bit ago. I hope it's okay if I post this link. Missing Persons Of America. "Walker County Jane Doe; A 36 Year Mystery".

Walker County Jane Doe; a 36 year mystery – Missing Persons of America
I just came across this a little bit ago. I hope it's okay if I post this link. Missing Persons Of America. "Walker County Jane Doe; A 36 Year Mystery".

Walker County Jane Doe; a 36 year mystery – Missing Persons of America

Yes, that potential lead came about in Oct. 2016, I believe? Sadly, nothing more has come of it :(

I think this is a ve
This may have been suggested in the past as I haven't read this entire thread. My apologies if it has.
What I'm thinking is if she was going to see an inmate at the Ellis unit then I'm guessing it may have been someone she was intimate with. Now I know those guys were all questioned and all said they had no knowledge of this girl, but would someone really want to admit to the authorities that they were having sex with a minor?

My question is, I'm wondering if there is any way to access the list of prisoners that were housed in that unit at the time of the questioning. Maybe finding one or two that would have been in their early 20s from the Rockport/Aransas pass area and locating them today could prove to be helpful in finally getting a name. Maybe they'd be more willing to talk today then they were 35 years ago.

I know this sounds like a stretch, but if I had that list of names in my hands right now with their original street addresses from that time, it would be a hell of a lot better than no leads at all. Is it possible to get that information from the Texas dept. of corrections?

I think that the possibility of a guard is quite possible. In certain specialties of the military they are taught to insert something such as a sock in a deceased person's rectum in order to prevent the bowels from evacuating stool or anything else. For the same reason they are taught to insert something absorbent into the nose because stuff seeps out of there as well. I believe that whoever did this had served in the military at some point, and it is very common for ex-military to seek employment as prison guards and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle